Michael Dukakis

Mike Dukakis who ran against George Bush Sr. in the 1988 Presidential Election, will turn 88 soon.

Didn't see a thread for him but he will be the only living former nominee of the 20th century besides Bob Dole and Mondale.

Here is his thread.

Dukakis and the Tank - POLITICO Magazine

From the picture above, looks like he has plenty left in the tank...:lol:

2 minutes ago, sheldondinkleberg said:

Didn't see a thread for him but he will be the only living former nominee of the 20th century besides Bob Dole.

Sorry, but... Walter Mondale?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Sorry, but... Walter Mondale?

fixed

Deathlist would have a revolving door policy if he got in 

Former Gov. Michael Dukakis speaks with an attendee at his Northeastern University retirement ceremony. (Max Larkin/WBUR)

He retired from his post at Northeastern this week. Only really of note because it could be time to start using Kitty on your lists:

Dukakis noted how sad he was that his beloved wife Kitty couldn’t be present. “But she's 87,” he added, “She's starting to show signs of aging — that's the way it is.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

At least he's lived long enough to no longer have the worst famous person in a tank photo accolade.

40e12ad1-13e9-487f-8379-461ece7c2ec3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, tracy said:

Former Gov. Michael Dukakis speaks with an attendee at his Northeastern University retirement ceremony. (Max Larkin/WBUR)

He retired from his post at Northeastern this week. Only really of note because it could be time to start using Kitty on your lists:

I’m impressed she’s made it this long honestly. Her alcohol abuse was prodigious. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tracy said:

I mentioned the two of them back in November:

I used to work with him; he sounds like his usual self. Last time I saw him in person was 2018. His wife always seemed to be in worse health than him; she's still getting electroshock treatment as far as I know. They had a routine of always having dinner together every night at 6pm, not disrupted except on the 1988 campaign trail. Such a very attached couple.

53 minutes ago, msc said:

At least he's lived long enough to no longer have the worst famous person in a tank photo accolade.

40e12ad1-13e9-487f-8379-461ece7c2ec3.jpg

Au Contraire he never had that particular accolade..

38e16-t.jpg