Joey Russ

The 2021 Deathlist Cup

My team has gone in and I have not picked the Good Duke because I think if it is not this week it will be September

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My team has gone in and I have not picked the Good Duke because I think if it is not this week it will be September

Welp, there goes me being the only team who submitted a team thus far and thus being the winner by default. RIP

For everyone else, you still have about a week to submit a team in, so please prepare to send something in. 

• Like 2

On 22/02/2021 at 17:53, Joey Russ said:

Welp, there goes me being the only team who submitted a team thus far and thus being the winner by default. RIP

For everyone else, you still have about a week to submit a team in, so please prepare to send something in. 

I have just submitted my team. Thanks for doing this! :)

• Like 2

Right, there is under 96 hours to submit a team for the cup, and currently this is how the submitted cup teams look like for round 2:

1. The Old Crem or YorkshireBanker vs Sir Creep

2. Grobler vs msc

3. Djemba Djemba or JoeMoneyPenny vs alt obits guy

4. Theoldlady vs deadsox

5. Perhaps vs ThereWillBeDeaths7 or GuyFromFuture

6. Book vs An Fear Beag

7. Markb4 or Charles De Gaulle vs maryportfuncity

8. Quim Reaper vs Wormfarmer

9. HDS vs Clorox Bleachman

10. DeathByArsenic vs Joey Russ

11. DevonDeathTrip vs Annami 

12. Gcreptile vs Baby Blue or CalebH

13. BuffaloPhil or nantonian2013 vs CaptainChorizo

14. Banana vs GreatUncleBulgaria or Gooseberry Crumble

15. Spade_Cooley vs Grim Up North

16. Bibliogryphon vs EtushIsPushingUpTheDaisies 

Yes, one round will actually go as planned for round 2 so far. Also while a bunch of teams obviously are waiting for last minute hopefully this time we don’t have to deal with the do not submit teams like we did last time. Including one fucking twat that’s permanently gone now. 
Anyways, get your teams in the next few days...

• Like 4

Very much looking forward to submitting my team on Sunday. Well, I was anyway. I’ve had 5 cunting names die on me this week. I honestly might end up submitting some Punts at this rate.

Congratulations to Wormfarmer.

9 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Very much looking forward to submitting my team on Sunday. Well, I was anyway. I’ve had 5 cunting names die on me this week. I honestly might end up submitting some Punts at this rate.

Congratulations to Wormfarmer.

Aye, just turned up for the final training session and team selection to find several star assets lifeless on the pitch

The scouts are out ambulance chasing as we speak

• Like 1

Mary Holt has died but there is no QO yet for Gooseberry.

3 hours ago, msc said:

I guess every weekend edition of a newspaper is a possibility. An intriguing race against time.

5 hours ago, msc said:

Well, she now gets a QO. It’s a bit of a consolation for gooseberry crumble who is now only 5 points behind rather than 12. Well, better to be five points behind than being me right now, who literally got the wrong Mary in this post this morning and had to literally rewrite this quick obit for her. :rolleyes:

1. Baby Blue vs CalebH 13 - 9

2. Djemba Djemba vs JoeMoneyPenny 15 - 3

3. BuffaloPhil vs nantonian2013 6 - 6

4. The Old Crem vs YorkshireBanker 3 - 9

5. Markb4 vs Charles De Gaulle 3 - 3

6. GreatUncleBulgaria vs Gooseberry Crumble 12 - 7

7. ThereWillBeDeaths7 vs GuyFromFuture 13 - 0

An update on which teams are in:

1. The Old Crem or YorkshireBanker vs Sir Creep

2. Grobler vs msc

3. Djemba Djemba or JoeMoneyPenny vs alt obits guy

4. Theoldlady vs deadsox

5. Perhaps vs ThereWillBeDeaths7 or GuyFromFuture

6. Book vs An Fear Beag

7. Markb4 or Charles De Gaulle vs maryportfuncity

8. Quim Reaper vs Wormfarmer

9. HDS vs Clorox Bleachman

10. DeathByArsenic vs Joey Russ

11. DevonDeathTrip vs Annami 

12. Gcreptile vs Baby Blue or CalebH

13. BuffaloPhil or nantonian2013 vs CaptainChorizo

14. Banana vs GreatUncleBulgaria or Gooseberry Crumble

15. Spade_Cooley vs Grim Up North

16. Bibliogryphon vs EtushIsPushingUpTheDaisies 

A lot of last minute submissions this month by the looks of it. It is possible however that a few members might forget to send something in. Because of that possibility, we do have some losers who have an opportunity to come back to the competition if one of more team members don’t submit on time. The loser rankings has a priority though. It goes by 1) highest point total in a losing match, 2) if point totals are the same then the team with the lowest deficit gets the advantage, 3) if the point defect is the same then the youngest age of the hit/s will come into play, and 4) if all three are considered equal, then random.org will decide which team will get the advantage. As such, this months top 3 lucky loser list goes as followed:

1. CalebH

2. Gooseberry Crumble 

3. nantonian2013

So even though it seems like you might be done, if folk don’t submit a team you might luck out and get a second round of the competition. As what happened last time in round 2 too. 

• Like 1

I just sent my team in to Joey. 

Thanks to him for running the tourney and best of luck to my esteemed opponent, theoldlady.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deadsox said:

I just sent my team in to Joey. 

Thanks to him for running the tourney and best of luck to my esteemed opponent, theoldlady.

My lot are in too. Not very confident about them tbh, but let's see how the match with Grobler goes.

• Like 1

Final touches to the carefully thought out squad being administered as we post - but I heard one of the neighbours coughing in his garden and I know for a fact he turned out once as a sub for Southend United...so, might just hold entry in case an ambulance shows up!

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloPhil said:

I'm in... cue Nantonian hitting a last minute first round winner!

Didn’t receive the DM. Did you end up sending it in to the last DM you sent? Cause if so I deleted all of last rounds DMs to make space for round 2 DMs

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Didn’t receive the DM. Did you end up sending it in to the last DM you sent? Cause if so I deleted all of last rounds DMs to make space for round 2 DMs

I did... let me resend it as a new one.

• Like 1

Just now, DeathByArsenic said:

team sent

good luck to everyone

Welp, I can already pack my bags for this round. I’ll see you all again competing in 2022. :D 

Submitted some Worm food.

Team submitted 

Die hard supporters all willing lockdown to end so's they can get behind us and cheer

Sorry Joey I’ll be a while longer!

Picking Cup teams is frustrating because you identify the names as the month goes on, all the good ones die too fast and you’re just left with a team of people who you don’t think will die fast enough.

I’ve got 6 or 7 names now that have been green on my spreadsheet that are now red (for dead) and I’m left with a load of rubbish.

Btw, he wasn’t picked in March or an official February team but Jorge Oñate has died
The reason I bring him up was that he was on Perhaps’ cup team, who unless I missed somebody looks to have 20 unofficial cup points for this round. So even though he didn’t compete, he would’ve squonked that twat anyways. Btw, Annami would’ve gotten 18 points this time I believe. So unofficially they got the two best cup scores for this round. Kudos to both of them...

• Like 7