Joey Russ

The 2021 Deathlist Cup

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

When can we overly optimistically submit teams for the next round?

You can send it in now if you want

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

You can send it in now if you want

My team has gone in. At the moment I am behind in my second round match but my joker may (or may not) be at death's door. So no harm in having a team prepared if I scrape through again at the last minute 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My team has gone in. At the moment I am behind in my second round match but my joker may (or may not) be at death's door. So no harm in having a team prepared if I scrape through again at the last minute 

I've done nowt about May but I'm still leading in another will-to-live job of a contest (my specialty in this contest)

I'll trawl the talent pool and chase an ambulance or two just in case. 

That said, Bouteflika is nowhere to be seen in my current line up. His demise would also be mine!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Dave Cull dead.

"Oh I was just checking the hospice out, nothing to worry about"

Silly Dave Cull, hospice care for pancreatic cancer is usually a very quick way out. Despite this news he ended up being a unique for Alt obits guy, which might be a bit of a consolation for his match against Banana...

1. DevonDeathTrip vs CaptainChorizo 0 - 6

2. Spade_Cooley vs Clorox Bleachman 15 - 6

3. Perhaps vs Gcreptile 9 - 10

4. msc vs Book 13 - 9

5. Banana vs alt obits guy 11 - 7

6. maryportfuncity vs Bibliogryphon 4 - 0

7. Quim Reaper vs deadsox 0 - 7

8. DeathByArsenic vs YorkshireBanker 0 - 0

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Silly Dave Cull, hospice care for pancreatic cancer is usually a very quick way out. Despite this news he ended up being a unique for Alt obits guy, which might be a bit of a consolation for his match against Banana...

DO NOT jinx it, Joey

• Haha 1

Happy for my joker, Kazi Hayat, who was supposedly in critical condition with COVID after heart surgery that also has heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes for being discharged a few days into April. 

image.png.b0fb434e61a658fcaed3437155c0e254.png

2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Happy for my joker, Kazi Hayat, who was supposedly in critical condition with COVID after heart surgery that also has heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes for being discharged a few days into April. 

image.png.b0fb434e61a658fcaed3437155c0e254.png

Well, https://www.daily-bangladesh.com/english/Kazi-Hayat-recovers-from-COVID-returns-home/58583

2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Well fuck me hard, the way I found out was from some poorly translated youtube comments a couple of days into April. Clearly my nooby research skills have let me down!

It happens to all of us

3 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Well fuck me hard, the way I found out was from some poorly translated youtube comments a couple of days into April. Clearly my nooby research skills have let me down!

I mean, in my very first cup round I picked a stage 1 testicular cancer case that was in remission. So yeah, sometimes we all mess up with our cup choices...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Banana said:

"Oh I was just checking the hospice out, nothing to worry about"

Yeah, he pulled a fast one on us, or himself possibly.

About Kazi Hayat, well I never even saw the name in the first place. But that's what you can like or hate about this competition. You can google yourself to death on the 30th, and still lose because you didn't include information available on the 31st. 

Still, the match between Perhaps and me is close, and it's still 3,5 days. I think there are still 1-2 aces in Perhaps' deck. I think I have some left, too, but I won't breathe easily until the last minute.

Tempting fate here but Maryport's MAYhem are now in JR's inbox

• Like 1

What is the deadline for submitting teams please?

40 minutes ago, deadsox said:

What is the deadline for submitting teams please?

Tomorrow at midnight UK time as per usual

My pick R Balakrishna Pillai seems to be dead according to this. Weird how they wouldn't the announcement in the title itself though, so probably best to wait until something more concrete comes through as no other site is reporting it. Preferably for me, something will hopefully pop up in the next 24 hours!

https://news8plus.com/r-balakrishna-pillai-in-the-intensive-care-unit/ 

If not dead he's still in "extremely critical condition" to tease me.

19 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

My pick R Balakrishna Pillai seems to be dead according to this. Weird how they wouldn't the announcement in the title itself though, so probably best to wait until something more concrete comes through as no other site is reporting it. Preferably for me, something will hopefully pop up in the next 24 hours!

https://news8plus.com/r-balakrishna-pillai-in-the-intensive-care-unit/ 

If not dead he's still in "extremely critical condition" to tease me.

Yeah, I'm watching him, too, admittedly. That link says he died yesterday/wednesday, which is almost certainly false. But he does set up a photo finish tomorrow. 

I shan’t be submitting a team for the next round.

GGs to deadsox! I’ll be rooting for you in the next round and beyond. 

• Like 2

Congratulations on winning our round, msc! :clap:

That was a fair game and I didn't mind losing to you at all. Good luck in the next few rounds, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you !!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Book said:

Congratulations on winning our round, msc! :clap:

That was a fair game and I didn't mind losing to you at all. Good luck in the next few rounds, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you !!

Thanks, although there's still 9 hours left - time for those Germans to produce 11th hour obits! :D

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Thanks, although there's still 9 hours left - time for those Germans to produce 11th hour obits! :D

Yes, they are long overdue, you are right! And they will definitely die on May 1st and 2nd :lol:

• Like 1