Jump to content
Joey Russ

The 2021 Deathlist Cup

Recommended Posts

I’m definitely aware that Carlos Griguol is dead, although I haven’t found a suitable QO yet... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I’m definitely aware that Carlos Griguol is dead, although I haven’t found a suitable QO yet... 

https://www.junipersports.com/former-betis-coach-carlos-timoteo-griguol-dies/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that does count as a QO. Er, deadsox, you might want to look away from the scoreboard now...

 

  1. maryportfuncity vs Spade_Cooley 0 - 12

  2. Banana vs deadsox 16 - 0

  3. CaptainChorizo vs Gcreptile 6 - 10

  4. CalebH vs msc 0 - 6

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Well that does count as a QO. Er, deadsox, you might want to look away from the scoreboard now...

 

  1. maryportfuncity vs Spade_Cooley 0 - 12

  2. Banana vs deadsox 16 - 0

  3. CaptainChorizo vs Gcreptile 6 - 10

  4. CalebH vs msc 0 - 6

 

 

I've had a ring round my team - everyone answered but I heard several mumbles and a lot of unmistakable sounds of underwear being involuntarily filled

 

I predict a scoring end to the month though catching Spade appears beyond the tactical master plan at present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Well that does count as a QO. Er, deadsox, you might want to look away from the scoreboard now...

 

  1. maryportfuncity vs Spade_Cooley 0 - 12

  2. Banana vs deadsox 16 - 0

  3. CaptainChorizo vs Gcreptile 6 - 10

  4. CalebH vs msc 0 - 6

 

I thought that if my defense could keep a few of those Indian Covid patients alive for a week I might have a chance.  As it is I need a few of my uniques to score to even get close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Banana said:

Jerry Cain is dead http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2021/05/05/jerry_d_cain/

 

Nothing but a paid obit so far

 

Come on you Indiana newspapers!  He's a unique joker and would cut the lead in half!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pick Cassiano has died:

https://wepublishnews.com/news/brazilian-singer-and-songwriter-cassiano-dies-at-77#:~:text=The singer and songwriter Cassiano,then at Carlos Chagas Hospital.

 

The same "wepublishnews" outfit that also scored for Rodolfo Garcia. I'm not sure how legit that is, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

My pick Cassiano has died:

https://wepublishnews.com/news/brazilian-singer-and-songwriter-cassiano-dies-at-77#:~:text=The singer and songwriter Cassiano,then at Carlos Chagas Hospital.

 

The same "wepublishnews" outfit that also scored for Rodolfo Garcia. I'm not sure how legit that is, though.

It was the newsbeezer that counted rather than the wepublishnews one. Yeah, that site is definitely dodgy and won’t count for cup purposes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, El Pais is very much a reliable source which, as you can see on the front page, is an acceptable obit. 
Oh dear, this is turning into another round of a landslide victory in every match, isn’t it?

 

  1. maryportfuncity vs Spade_Cooley 0 - 12

  2. Banana vs deadsox 16 - 0

  3. CaptainChorizo vs Gcreptile 6 - 14

  4. CalebH vs msc 0 - 6

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I said this month is a lottery, with all the Covid people... only, every ticket wins. I guess it's because the health systems in Latin America and on the Indian subcontinent have collapsed.

I see a slight decrease in hospitalizations in recent days. So maybe this wave has peaked. Some scientists though say that it's going to get worse in India. That would make the semi-finals a high-scoring but also pretty stale event. Let's see...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I've gone a couple of days without falling further behind

 

Progress, or summat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

"A familiar face in every gym"... My mind is so tainted by the past years.

 

As in Gym'll Fix It!??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would this count for Gary Shiebler? 

 

Quote

Gary Shiebler‘s brother Glenn shared stories and remembrances of the great music Gary produced

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Women's Champions League final - Chelsea were 4-0 down at half time then the rest of the game was a bit of a non-event. 

 

I know how their manager feels :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Women's Champions League final - Chelsea were 4-0 down at half time then the rest of the game was a bit of a non-event. 

 

I know how their manager feels :rolleyes:

 

I'll try and make sure the rest of the game isn't a non-event for you then Maryport.

 

Dave Sopha dead: https://www.cambridgetoday.ca/local-news/portraits-of-honour-artist-dave-sopha-has-died-3787104?utm_source=kitchenertoday.com&utm_campaign=kitchenertoday.com&utm_medium=referral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t really updated the cup guys, and I’m sorry about that. Life has just gotten busier for me currently (not to mention this month has been really dull in terms of deaths, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing). So let’s have a quick update. I will count the Jerry Cain obit, although in hindsight I overestimated his fame a little bit. I don’t think that Gary Shiebler obit is sufficient enough I’m sorry to say. Not like it’s really much of a problem in the long run, as he has two other hits to back him up. Banana also scored with Gouri. Say, it’s really weird that only two ties scores points since the last update, unless I missed somebody. 
 

  1. maryportfuncity vs Spade_Cooley 0 - 19

  2. Banana vs deadsox 19 - 8

  3. CaptainChorizo vs Gcreptile 6 - 14

  4. CalebH vs msc 0 - 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, seems to be setting up for Spade and Banana to murderise the DDP co-hosts in the Semis as it stands, unless Caleb and the Captain produce last week comebacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, msc said:

No, seems to be setting up for Spade and Banana to murderise the DDP co-hosts in the Semis as it stands, unless Caleb and the Captain produce last week comebacks.

 

 

You've written my chances off, then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Haven’t really updated the cup guys, and I’m sorry about that. Life has just gotten busier for me currently (not to mention this month has been really dull in terms of deaths, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing). So let’s have a quick update. I will count the Jerry Cain obit, although in hindsight I overestimated his fame a little bit. I don’t think that Gary Shiebler obit is sufficient enough I’m sorry to say. Not like it’s really much of a problem in the long run, as he has two other hits to back him up. Banana also scored with Gouri. Say, it’s really weird that only two ties scores points since the last update, unless I missed somebody. 
 

  1. maryportfuncity vs Spade_Cooley 0 - 19

  2. Banana vs deadsox 19 - 8

  3. CaptainChorizo vs Gcreptile 6 - 14

  4. CalebH vs msc 0 - 6

 

I really hate to be "that guy" here considering I'm up 11 points and I don't expect this to matter at all, but the link that deadsox posted is simply a copy-paste from the original paid obituary that is also in that paper's obituary section. Here all the links I've found.

https://obituaries.greensburgdailynews.com/obituary/jerry-cain-1082251912

https://shelbycountypost.com/obituaries/570214

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2021/05/05/jerry_d_cain/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Banana said:

 

I really hate to be "that guy" here considering I'm up 11 points and I don't expect this to matter at all, but the link that deadsox posted is simply a copy-paste from the original paid obituary that is also in that paper's obituary section. Here all the links I've found.

https://obituaries.greensburgdailynews.com/obituary/jerry-cain-1082251912

https://shelbycountypost.com/obituaries/570214

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2021/05/05/jerry_d_cain/

 

No worries Banana, you are not being "that guy" (and we all know who "that guy " is).  I knew Jerry was a sketchy pick going into this but I needed somebody like him to have a chance.  If he's disallowed I won't complain.

 

That being said, I sent invitations to my four uniques (Jana Bennett, Lawrence Brooks, Tim Keller and Lucile Randon) to attend a party in Gaza.  It's my only shot. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use