Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

The Roaring Twenties

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Your name really was well-chosen, wasn't it.

Contrary to the hedonistic vision of the 2020s outlined in the opening post of this thread, I'm rather minded to believe that the pandemic might finally spur those who inhabit our sacred planet to understand that they can live without the excesses of the last seventy or so years, and instead focus on family and close friendships, rather than mass participation and culture driven distraction that often serves only to benefit big corporations that sell alcohol and criminal networks who sell drugs. I'm rather hoping we'll see the slumbering twenties with a death of mass-participation activity, a mellow musical tone - perhaps the return of classic style pop crooners to the mainstream and small pub events being the mainstay of the entertainment industry rather than decadent raves.  Maybe just maybe, the nation could at last find it's god again as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Boring Bob said:

Maybe just maybe, the nation could at last find it's god again as well. 

I’m atheist. Does that mean I can just carry on with my plan to drink and shag the 20s away?

7 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’m atheist. Does that mean I can just carry on with my plan to drink and shag the 20s away?

Hopefully you shall find your way back to the way of morality in due course. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boring Bob said:

Contrary to the hedonistic vision of the 2020s outlined in the opening post of this thread, I'm rather minded to believe that the pandemic might finally spur those who inhabit our sacred planet to understand that they can live without the excesses of the last seventy or so years, and instead focus on family and close friendships, rather than mass participation and culture driven distraction that often serves only to benefit big corporations that sell alcohol and criminal networks who sell drugs. I'm rather hoping we'll see the slumbering twenties with a death of mass-participation activity, a mellow musical tone - perhaps the return of classic style pop crooners to the mainstream and small pub events being the mainstay of the entertainment industry rather than decadent raves.  Maybe just maybe, the nation could at last find it's god again as well. 

I like the way you think, @Boring Bob.

But... You're a real optimist, aren't you?

Sorry... I'm pessimistic about this.

People... They seem to have had a rough time of it.

I think... Maybe I'm wrong...

Now... the majority of people want sex, drugs and rock and roll... even those who are married.

Perhaps... I think I'm being coldly realist about the short term.

Or... Maybe... You're a much better person that I am.

You're welcome... ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

I like the way you think, @Boring Bob.

But... You're a real optimist, aren't you?

Sorry... I'm pessimistic about this.

People... They seem to have had a rough time of it.

I think... Maybe I'm wrong...

Now... the majority of people want sex, drugs and rock and roll... even those who are married.

Perhaps... I think I'm being coldly realist about the short term.

Or... Maybe... You're a much better person that I am.

You're welcome... ;)

I'm glad someone is understanding of a natural disposition towards people returning to a more peaceful and tranquil existence following the pandemic.

I think many people don't actually want sex, drugs and rock and roll but have been misled by a societal expectation to want it to believe they do. Hopefully the pandemic has opened millions more to the benefits of staying in watching some good documentaries, reading a good book or tidying their house up. The simple pleasures in life like making sure the toaster is perfectly straight may have become more appealing than sweating buckets in a rave to incessant dance music or whatever you call that rap that's constantly on the radio with every other word bleeped out these days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boring Bob said:

think many people don't actually want sex, drugs and rock and roll but have been misled by a societal expectation to want it to believe they do. Hopefully the pandemic has opened millions more to the benefits of staying in watching some good documentaries, reading a good book or tidying their house up. The simple pleasures in life like making sure the toaster is perfectly straight may have become more appealing than sweating buckets in a rave to incessant dance music or whatever you call that rap that's constantly on the radio with every other word bleeped out these days. 

Oh yeah you’re not wrong. I polished my bread bin the other day and had a celebratory wank.

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Oh yeah you’re not wrong. I polished my bread bin the other day and had a celebratory wank.

Indeed, indeed. I've just finished mopping down the bath room floor, whilst not quiet orgasmic I do have a warm glowing feeling that may in my younger days have coincided with feeling orgasmic.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to alphabetize my CD collection. 

• Haha 1