Sign in to follow this  
The Immortal

Recipients of Military Awards

This thread is for mentioning deaths of veterans around the world with important military awards. Made this because this is not just about WW2 and it will not fit in that thread.

I guess to start conversation let us talk about Medal Of Honor recipient Thomas Norris. I noticed from a video that he had facial paralysis which I thought was because of a stroke but it turns out he lost an eye and a part of his face because of injuries he sustained in the Vietnam War. More interestingly I found out he was saved by Michael E Thornton, who would later earn the Medal Of Honor for his actions saving Norris.

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

This thread is for mentioning deaths of veterans around the world with important military awards. Made this because this is not just about WW2 and it will not fit in that thread.

I guess to start conversation let us talk about Medal Of Honor recipient Thomas Norris. I noticed from a video that he had facial paralysis which I thought was because of a stroke but it turns out he lost an eye and a part of his face because of injuries he sustained in the Vietnam War. More interestingly I found out he was saved by Michael E Thornton, who would later earn the Medal Of Honor for his actions saving Norris.

No more sodding threads 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

No more sodding threads 

If the thread bothers you that much then ignore it. No need to make a big deal out of it.

• Angry 2

Can I just ask what it is you think the War Veterans thread should be used for then?

My understanding is that those listed in that thread are generally known for reasons only to do with military battles/events, and as such most of those known for that are generally decorated to some extent anyway?

• Thanks 1

Agree.  We don't need umpteen threads about people who have served in the armed forces.  It's not like, say,  actors or musicians where there are many different genres to cover.

The more threads there are, the more difficult it becomes to find them and the more likely it is that people will post in the "wrong" ones.

Merge.

• Like 1

See the source image