Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Pop culture you've merged in your head

Jesse plemons and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Poor Jesse everytime I've seen him I've thought he was not only someone else but also dead.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Ben Chaplin and Paul Bettany are one person for me as well.

Ryans Gosling, Reynolds and Philippe are no persons for me. But I believe they are for ladies of a certain age. And gents too.

24 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Ryans Gosling, Reynolds and Philippe are no persons for me. But I believe they are for ladies of a certain age. And gents too.

Not for me. Ben Chaplin on the other hand...

On 12/01/2021 at 11:57, Spade_Cooley said:

The death of Stacy Title brought the film The Last Supper into my mind for the first time in ages, and I went "oh yeah, that's where Linda Fiorentino fucks some people at a dinner party or something". Except it wasn't, that was The Last Seduction. Having never watched either, my brain has for 25 years fused those two films (where Fiorentino does the "skin flick meets classic noir deal", and where Cameron Diaz and friends murder right-wingers at a series of dinner parties) into one.

I have seen The Last Seduction (although it was a long time ago) and I can't remember a dinner party scene in it. At the start Linda Fiorentino is the manager of a call centre slave-driving the people on the phones to get sales. Also I remember the catchy theme music, which I'm surprised never to have heard used anywhere else.

Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was killed by Capitol police on the Jan 6th coup attempt, is trending on twitter.

I always confuse her with Lorena Bobbitt, the lady who cut off her husband's penis in the 90s.

So whenever she's trending, I keep thinking "what has she done now" even though she's dead.

In my head Funny Girl and Hello, Dolly! are the same film. Both Barbra Streisand musicals, both set in New York in the late 19th/early 20th century, and released within a year of each other.

I used to think that Frances Sternhagen and Anne Haney were both the same person. I always assumed that was Frances in Liar Liar and Mrs. Doubtfire until I looked up the cast list for the latter.

• Like 1

Despite him using two different names, I know James McAvoy and James Purefoy, are the same person.

I think that Kenneth Tigar and Sam Anderson are the same person. To me Kenneth Tigar plays the weird doctor who « loves Fonzie » in Friends 

One “same person” confusion of mine that really annoys my mother is Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise, considering she is a huge fan of the former but not so much of the latter.

Some other examples of people who I thought were the same person (most of which date back over a decade ago):

- Lily Collins and Lily James

- Fern Britton and Fearne Cotton

- Morgan Freeman and Martin Freeman

- Mike Tyson and Tyson Fury

- Anthony Joshua and Anthony Ogogo

- Daniel Craig and Daniel Radcliffe

- Kate Bush and Kate Middleton

- Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart

3 hours ago, Hartnell 1999 said:

One “same person” confusion of mine that really annoys my mother is Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise, considering she is a huge fan of the former but not so much of the latter.

Some other examples of people who I thought were the same person (most of which date back over a decade ago):

I'm pretty sure people have this with Martin Sheen and Michael Sheen.

I know they look nothing like each other but t I can never remember which one it is when confronted with Stephen Mangan or Stephen Merchant

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hartnell 1999 said:

I've had this with Ingmar and Ingrid Bergman, when I was younger I thought they were one and the same. Ingmar just didn't seem to exist for me, it was Ingrid who was the famous actress and also the renowned director.

1 hour ago, DoorSlammer said:

I've had this with Ingmar and Ingrid Bergman, when I was younger I thought they were one and the same. Ingmar just didn't seem to exist for me, it was Ingrid who was the famous actress and also the renowned director.

Autumn Sonata being written and directed by Ingmar and starring Ingrid being a one woman film as far as you were concerned.:D

• Haha 1

Not really pop culture, but whenever I see someone going on about pedos, for a split second this is what comes into my mind.

p-60592-pc2_2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not really pop culture, but whenever I see someone going on about pedos, for a split second this is what comes into my mind.

p-60592-pc2_2.jpg

Loosely linked to this, I can never remember what a paediatrician and a podiatrist do.

On 26/04/2023 at 15:01, Grim Up North said:

Autumn Sonata being written and directed by Ingmar and starring Ingrid being a one woman film as far as you were concerned.:D

Ingmar Bergman had a daughter named Ingrid and she worked on the film too.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2023 at 21:35, TQR said:

Loosely linked to this, I can never remember what a paediatrician and a podiatrist do.

One treats kids, the other treats feet. And sometimes a podiatrist must treat kids' feet.

On 27/04/2023 at 20:13, Hartnell 1999 said:

A couple more to add:

- Jerry Springer and Jerry Stiller

- Nick Leeson and Liam Neeson

Amanda Abbingdon and Amanda Mealing for me. 

• Like 1