Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Pop culture you've merged in your head

I always thought Moon River was sung by a woman and then in KOS game i find it was no1 sung by a man (Andy Williams). Doing deeper dive I see Audrey Hepburn sang it and also Frank Sinatra and now i'm even more confused.

Also why have I ever thought it was a James Bond soundtrack?

• Like 2

Every couple of years I rediscover that Marc Evan Jackson and Clark Gregg are different people. And neither of them played Kurt's dad in Glee.

• Like 1

Until recently I had it in my head that the line 'the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had' was in New Order's Blue Monday. Thanks to KoS I realise that it's a line in Mad World by Tears for Fears.

On 03/05/2023 at 23:47, ladyfiona said:

I always thought Moon River was sung by a woman and then in KOS game i find it was no1 sung by a man (Andy Williams). Doing deeper dive I see Audrey Hepburn sang it and also Frank Sinatra and now i'm even more confused.

Also why have I ever thought it was a James Bond soundtrack?

Audrey Hepburn sang it in the film Breakfast at Tiffany's. It later became Andy Williams's signature song and (I have bad news for you) Danny Williams (no relation) is the only one to have a number 1 hit with it in the UK (it was his in the KoS, not Andy's).

As for the Bond link - Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey shares the same three notes for it's title word as Moon River does in its song.  Different tones, styles and voices, but they're the same three notes: Gold-fing-er! Moon Ri-ver!

Hope this helps?

• Like 2

On 24/07/2024 at 21:32, RoverAndOut said:

Audrey Hepburn sang it in the film Breakfast at Tiffany's. It later became Andy Williams's signature song and (I have bad news for you) Danny Williams (no relation) is the only one to have a number 1 hit with it in the UK (it was his in the KoS, not Andy's).

As for the Bond link - Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey shares the same three notes for it's title word as Moon River does in its song.  Different tones, styles and voices, but they're the same three notes: Gold-fing-er! Moon Ri-ver!

Hope this helps?

Diamondsarefor-ev-er, IWhoHave-No-Thing, TomorrowNever-Die-ies, Doesn’thavethe-ray-haynge

As I'm rediscovering with the KoS of the 80s, I continue to conflate Bronski Beat, The Communards, The Housemartins, Erasure and probably one or two more.

13 minutes ago, time said:

As I'm rediscovering with the KoS of the 80s, I continue to conflate Bronski Beat, The Communards, The Housemartins, Erasure and probably one or two more.

It’s because they all have members (!) who resemble Tintin. Unlike Stephen Tintin Duffy, who doesn’t resemble Tintin much.

• Haha 2

For some reason my brain keeps conflating the songs All Night Long by Lionel Richie and Never Too Much by Luther Vandross. They each keep coming on the radio when I go into the office and I get confused by how the lyrics in one song don't show up in the other and vice versa. 

I also remember hearing the song Someone Like You by Adele for the first time and assuming it was sung by a man (probably James Blunt or one of those high pitched male indie singers who were everywhere at the time) until I watched the BRITS and found out who it really was. Yeah...