xXConmanXx

Mitt Romney

On 12/01/2021 at 08:48, Toast said:

It pains me to say it, but I do agree with Sir Cunt on this point.  Forum members should serve a lengthy term of probation before being able to start a thread.

It's OK Toast -- you and I are allowed to agree on a few things.  

This is a test of the Deathlist Friendly Posting Broadcast System. The posters of this site in voluntary cooperation with the Admins have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of a burying of the hatchet. If this had been an actual burying of the hatchet, the relatively friendly post you just read would have been followed by official burying of the hatchet by both parties. This concludes this test of the Deathlist Friendly Posting Broadcast System.
We now send you back to your regularly scheduled animosity.

• Like 1

:axe:

On 12/01/2021 at 20:29, Toast said:

It would be a mistake to base it on number of posts, because that will lead to spamming the board to clock up the requisite number.

Make new members prove that they can stay the course before granting thread creation rights.  Set it at a minimum of six months.

Oh people could just shut up their whinging arses. I don't see the issue with threads being started for anybody. Simon Cowell has one for cripes sake.

if the thread isn't genuinely needed it won't be used and will die, if it's interesting people will use it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 13/01/2021 at 23:20, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

If he ever gets into the year's death list his description should be "stuffed shirt."

I would say `Carpetbagger` fits him better. 

Suffered a fall over the weekend that knocked him unconscious and required multiple stitches. 

Today also saw an Atlantic article published which has some bits from an upcoming Romney biography, relevant enough to mention given that it talks about how Romney is fascinated by his own death and touches on his suspicions he will die "suddenly and violently". :2guns:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, polar duck said:

Not seeking re-election

Edit: wow, I was beaten by 5 seconds.

It doesn't surprise me considering that he's one of the few mainstream Republicans to not be completely insane, and because of that he probably knows that he's not popular with his colleagues (or the Trumpite Republican voters). 

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

It doesn't surprise me considering that he's one of the few mainstream Republicans to not be completely insane, and because of that he probably knows that he's not popular with his colleagues (or the Trumpite Republican voters). 

In fairness also he is 76 years old and would be well into his eighties at the end of his second term which is just too old.Feinstein ,Grassley,McConnell ,Sanders, Pelosi ,Biden and Trump should all  follow his example and retire too.

• Thanks 2

Kudos to him for knowing when to give up power and bow out.

He likely would have faced a fierce primary, but I think he would have won. If only he had been the 2016 nominee...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

In fairness also he is 76 years old and would be well into his eighties at the end of his second term which is just too old. Feinstein, Grassley, McConnell, Sanders, Pelosi, Biden and Trump should all follow his example and retire too.

For a man turning 90 this Sunday, Chuck Grassley is in outstanding condition! Romney himself said that he would have went for re-election if he would be as sharp as Grassley.

5 hours ago, Sean said:

In fairness also he is 76 years old and would be well into his eighties at the end of his second term which is just too old.Feinstein ,Grassley,McConnell ,Sanders, Pelosi ,Biden and Trump should all  follow his example and retire too.

Fwiw he's probably healthier then the median 56 year old politican, as most Mormon's don't drink,smoke or eat any sugary foods. The last 2 Presidents of the Mormon church died in their late 90's and the current President was born in 1924. Would almost bet he has a similiar lifespan.

23 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Fwiw he's probably healthier then the median 56 year old politican, as most Mormon's don't drink,smoke or eat any sugary foods. The last 2 Presidents of the Mormon church died in their late 90's and the current President was born in 1924. Would almost bet he has a similiar lifespan.

However, article also mentions his family history of men having a, "history of sudden heart failure, and none [has] lived longer than his father, who died at 88. “Do I want to spend eight of the 12 years I have left sitting here and not getting anything done?” he mused."

So might be worth a punt sooner than later even with all the trappings of the Mormon way of life. 

On 14/09/2023 at 02:40, polar duck said:

For a man turning 90 this Sunday, Chuck Grassley is in outstanding condition! Romney himself said that he would have went for re-election if he would be as sharp as Grassley.

Yeah he is great for his age by all accounts but will be 95 at the end of his term.I mean look at the vast difference in Diane Feinstein in the last 5 years.

17 hours ago, Sean said:

Yeah he is great for his age by all accounts but will be 95 at the end of his term.I mean look at the vast difference in Diane Feinstein in the last 5 years.

He seems to be still cognizant enough to yell at the History Channel every few months about their lack of historical programming, as he has apparently done for decades. So at the least his mind isn't going yet.

• Like 1