InquilineKea

James D. Watson

He's 93 this year, and got in a car accident (and put in a nursing home) back in 2019... Plus, his greatest discovery came in Britain (and he is one of the most famous biologists alive). I'm so surprised so few have mentioned him. Also, he's been SUPER-ULTRA-cancelled..

Latest documentary on him (when he was 90) doesn't show him to be super-well for his age... (I mean, he always kind of looked old for his age, and he speaks really slowly there). I've seen videos of other people at 90 who showed little decline at 90 (eg Jimmy Carter or Helmut Schmidt).

Steve Hsu mentioned on his blog last year that he was still doing research and doing well [and this was after the accident]

• Like 1

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.a302bed40b7af17e37e5262c4f292cb0.png

• Like 1

This needed a new thread because???? 

3 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

This needed a new thread because???? 

You’re too touchy about new thread creation. Sometimes it isn’t a bad thing you know.

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You’re too touchy about new thread creation. Sometimes it isn’t a bad thing you know.

Given the horrible creature his account’s named after, I’d say he’s being pretty mild and restrained tbf.

Also, I’ve no clue who James D Watson is, so that’s one more thread to ignore. Excellent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Given the horrible creature his account’s named after, I’d say he’s being pretty mild and restrained tbf.

Also, I’ve no clue who James D Watson is, so that’s one more thread to ignore. Excellent.

He's the co-discoverer of DNA so a pretty big name in science, but yeah, the OP should have, you know, not assumed folk just know that.

• Like 2

He is on my Shadow list and the fourth most popular pick in the Nobel Prize category for Scavenger Hunt Bingo. I think he has been discussed sufficiently on the site and whilst I have lobbied for his inclusion on the main list the committee clearly have other fish to fry.

Why not start one for Gaia guy James Lovelock whilst you are at it?

7 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

He is on my Shadow list and the fourth most popular pick in the Nobel Prize category for Scavenger Hunt Bingo. I think he has been discussed sufficiently on the site and whilst I have lobbied for his inclusion on the main list the committee clearly have other fish to fry.

Why not start one for Gaia guy James Lovelock whilst you are at it?

You watch him go on a spree now...

12 minutes ago, Elephant said:

You watch him go on a spree now...

@InquilineKea isn't a newb. Said user has been a member since 2007. That's longer than me and most of the other regular posters! :P

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@InquilineKea isn't a newb. Said user has been a member since 2007. That's longer than me and most of the other regular posters! :P

Sleeper agents amaze me. The dedication required is mind boggling.

Also the handle appears unique in a search so if this guy isn't "Alex K Chen" of Twitter, Instagram, github and a fair few other places....

Then he's not only a sleeper he's also an impersonator.

Which might explain his favourite Avatar on those places....

• Like 1