Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Sock puppet accounts

Now's the chance to admit your sock puppet accounts.

I'll go first.  

I don't have one.  Your turn. 

• Like 2

I haven't got one.  I might be tempted to create one for comedy purposes if I ever thought of anything funny enough.

Nah, I’ve not thought up an amusing enough character to play in a sock account tbh.

Admit it, you wanted to give Deathers his own thread.

Speaking of which, none here.

Imagine being a grown ass adult creating sock puppet accounts on an online forum in the year 2021. 

An act that should’ve died in 2007. 

Isn’t that Charles de goole boy a known sock? Or are sock accounts allowed if they’re not destructive?

Most Ironic Post, 2021.  Start with the Admin alt accounts, come correct with clean hands, then you can bitch, 'Achelous'.
I'd be more interested in cleaning up this site by deleting unused accounts with zero posts.  Say those two years old or older?  You'd lose 45% of your membership though, and that isn't good optics.

SC

I don’t have one but always been tempted to set up a comedy style one like Mugabe, but I’m way too lazy to be bothered with all the signing in and out between each account.

53 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Isn’t that Charles de goole boy a known sock? 

Yes. Charles, do you want to admit it or will we 'out' you?

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Most Ironic Post, 2021.  Start with the Admin alt accounts, come correct with clean hands, then you can bitch, 'Achelous'.
I'd be more interested in cleaning up this site by deleting unused accounts with zero posts.  Say those two years old or older?  You'd lose 45% of your membership though, and that isn't good optics.

SC

Someone been talking then? 

In the past I thought of a sock puppet account that is literally just called Sock Puppet (with a sock puppet too) to troll with known banned members/sock puppet accounts but I can’t be bothered to switch between accounts

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I don’t have one but always been tempted to set up a comedy style one like Mugabe, but I’m way too lazy to be bothered with all the signing in and out between each account.

I'd be the person who forgets to switch accounts and posts a DDP update under the sock account.

Although "msc" is technically my second account! (Dull story, posted 5 or 6 times at uni in 2007-9 then  lost access, so I started a new account so I could join forum games.Admin have since helpfully deleted posts that revealed too much identity to passing friends who dissaprove! Mrs msc posted once too but iirc as a guest!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, msc said:

I'd be the person who forgets to switch accounts and posts a DDP update under the sock account.

Although "msc" is technically my second account! (Dull story, posted 5 or 6 times at uni in 2007-9 then  lost access, so I started a new account so I could join forum games.Admin have since helpfully deleted posts that revealed too much identity to passing friends who dissaprove! Mrs msc posted once too but iirc as a guest!)

You did also have this account briefly I believe (which tbf, it was when it was very hard to access the site due to expiration of certificate or something like that): https://forums.deathlist.net/profile/12522-very-annoyed-scot/ 

15 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

You did also have this account briefly I believe (which tbf, it was when it was very hard to access the site due to expiration of certificate or something like that): https://forums.deathlist.net/profile/12522-very-annoyed-scot/ 

Oh I forgot about that one! :D

It did sort out my problems ASAP though.

I am a Sir Creep sock puppet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I can barely be bothered to keep up with this account on a regular basis, let alone setting up other accounts just to cause trouble.

As for this:

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I've absolutely no idea how many members this site has, but I'd be surprised if more than 100 contribute very often, with a core of 20-30 who are the mainstay. Either way, the concept drew me to the site, not the fanbase.

• Like 4

I had a 14 year gap almost of not posting at all, but was still reading the forum frequently. As in I'd have been sad if my account had been deleted due to inactivity. 

• Like 2

None here, though I suspect that prior to our split in 2009 my ex may have posted under this account a couple of times because there are some posts which just don't sound like me at all. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

There is no you, there is only me.

6 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

None here, though I suspect that prior to our split in 2009 my ex may have posted under this account a couple of times because there are some posts which just don't sound like me at all. 

Sometimes you come out and say things that are just, well,  'fucking hell' moments.

You are one of the best posters on here by a bloody mile.

Keep up the good work Handy.

Nice to see you out of lockdown and stuff, you lucky bitch.:D

• Like 1

Oh, and PB, just do a roll call of all the sock accounts and who is behind them.

No point fucking about, it isn't like they are entitled to some sort of protection, is it.

• Like 1

Nope.

msc thought I was a sock when I first joined, but he'll tell you I'm a human being and not a piece of cotton with googly eyes if you interrogate him...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Sometimes you come out and say things that are just, well,  'fucking hell' moments.

You are one of the best posters on here by a bloody mile.

Keep up the good work Handy.

Nice to see you out of lockdown and stuff, you lucky bitch.:D

Thanks. I beg to differ but thanks anyway.

For the record I don't think my ex wrote anything nasty ,anything like that will be from me. There are just a few things here and there which are unlikely to be from me, the Johnny Halliday thread for instance or some things in the Deathlist kitchen thread. 

Being out of lockdown is all well and good but as my family all live across and I can't see them yet I am not celebrating just yet. 

• Like 1

I used to be Banshees Scream and Tempus Fugit.

My current sock puppet account is Paul Bearer, but when I'm in character I don't recognise the Windsor account as a sock puppet account to the other one. 

• Like 1