Whitehouse

Whose death will actually break your heart?

I was wondering. Who's death will actually break your heart? And I don't mean close relatives (unless they are VIPs) .

To me it would be Frank Oz. He's one of my childhood heroes, voice of Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear, and of course Yoda. The death of Jim Henson was bad enough. I will call you a liar to your face if you say you kept your eyes dry watching to footage of his funeral. Oz is a man equal to Henson in my opinion.

Your heroes.

Shoot!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Stephen Fry will make me go fully IainLodger when he dies (hopefully decades away).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Rob Paulsen. VA of Yakko Warner, Pinky, Reuben, Dick Dastardly...

• Sad 1

Ozzy, Cribbins and St Tom of Tardis.

But imo it's the ones you don't expect to find sad that stick in the mind, if that makes sense? I knew Diana Rigg going would be sad, I didn't expect to be that fucked off by Jack Charlton's demise. Brains are weird things.

• Like 2

Jenny Agutter

Sir David Attenborough

Sophia Loren

Joss Naylor

Frank Skinner

off the top of my head:

Any original member of Black Sabbath

Mario Lemieux

Mel Brooks

Stevie Nicks et al

Any of the As and Bs of ABBA

John Waters

Michel Sardou 

• Like 1

UGH I read it as who's DID, not who's WILL.

Sir David Attenborough #1.
Rick Wakeman will be soon enough, and crushing (though when death is expected, not so much).  Many musicians. 

Ingvar Hirdwall

Harald V

Patrick Stewart

plus all the hundreds of names I don't currently remember

Tom Petty - passim.

Ann Wilson.

Nancy Wilson.

Actually, nobody famous or otherwise who lived to a decent age and didn't die in some awfully painful and/or drawn out manner.

Perhaps mawkishly, anyone who seemed to draw a really short straw somewhere along the line, never did like unfair. So Kate Granger for example.

The death of Marianne Faithfull would hit me hardest, simply because I adore her personally and artistically that much.

• Like 1

David Attenborough’s another one since I would be really sad if he didn’t get to see the planet get back to normal.

Probably the big one that may die soon are the surviving Beatles. But I’m sure if some of the lefty commentators that I’m fond of suddenly pass that’ll hurt very much too. 

38 minutes ago, HDS said:

off the top of my head:

Any original member of Black Sabbath

Mario Lemieux

Mel Brooks

Ditto on Lemieux and Brooks.  Would add Bill Murray, Ian Anderson, Robert Fripp, Dave Cousins, Lee Trevino, Norm Macdonald, Ron Paul. 

Charlie Daniels and Billy Joe Shaver were favorites of mine so this past year wasn't great. 

The reason I finally started death-pooling, actually, was Arnold Palmer's death.  After he passed I assessed that there was no celebrity living whose death would hurt me more so I felt safe playing.  I could never ever bring myself to pick Bill Murray under any circumstances, though.

Bernard Cribbins and Mike Batt obviously.

Andy Scott (last surviving member of long-time fave band the Sweet)

Any adolescent/teenage heart-throb (in approximate chronological order Sally Carr, Sally Geeson, ONJ, Kate Bush, Jan Francis, Felicity Kendal, Nastassja Kinski). Thereafter celebrity crushes are generally younger than me and therefore much more likely to mourn my death than me theirs.

Cliff Richard - my sister was much into him growing up, he was always on the telly in the early-mid 70s when I was an adolescent and my first love was heavily into him and used to play I'm nearly Famous - the one with Devil Woman and Miss You Nights -  a lot (this wasn't the reason we split). Obviously the last 40 years' musical output is regrettable but he was a part of my growing up.

I think the only one that will come close for me would be Cribbins. There are others that I'd be upset about,as there have been in the past - as with both Peter Vaughan & Robert Vaughn (though not Frankie) for example, but to actually identify those before the event I'd find rather difficult. Though thinking about it, David Morrisey, perhaps.

My top ones would probably be Amitabh Bachchan and Michael Caine.

Cat Stevens aka Yusuf Islam

Tina Turner, Diana Ross and Shirley Bassey probably but also Barbra Streisand, Elton John or Tom jones. 
as for the actor and actres, definitely Sophia Loren, Maggie Smith, Jane Fonda or Anouk Aimée, Line Renaud and Françoise Fabian 

Another vote for Patrick Stewart.

Not quite Bowie-esque, but I'd be very sad for Björk and Trent Reznor.

Oh, Tina Turner, too.

Maybe Wes Anderson, maybe Heidi N Closet.

Cate Blanchett.

4 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

I was wondering. Who's death will actually break your heart? And I don't mean close relatives (unless they are VIPs) .

To me it would be Frank Oz. He's one of my childhood heroes, voice of Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear, and of course Yoda. The death of Jim Henson was bad enough. I will call you a liar to your face if you say you kept your eyes dry watching to footage of his funeral. Oz is a man equal to Henson in my opinion.

Your heroes.

Shoot!

And BTW, has Iain hacked your account? 

Peter Falk. He has Alzheimers. 

• Haha 1