Sign in to follow this  
arghton

Jim Davis

I was suprised this old bastard didn't have a thread.

Davis created Garfield in 1978. They've made five movies, multiple tv series, tens of games, tons of tv specials, books and a ton of plastic merch of this lasagna-eating, food obsessed manipulative cat. Garfield makes around 750 million to 1 billion to the people who own it each year.

Jim Davis, the creator of Garfield was born on the 28th of June 1945 in Indiana, USA. Prior to creating Garfield, he was an assistant to Tom Ryan (1926-2019) the creator of comic strip Tumbleweeds. Davis first tried to get fame in 1973 with the comic strip "Gnorm Gnat" where the characters were insects, however a few years later in 1976 started drawing "Jon". Jon was based on Davis and had a cat. In 1978 Davis started drawing Garfield, that focused more on Jon's cat Garfield. Garfield was very successful as we all know.

Davis still draws Garfield on a graphics tablet, but has sold it to ViacomCBS and has been auctioning old hand-painted Garfields.

And he looks atleast ten years older than what he is.

Sounds fine. I don't think we even need to consider him for a good few years, maybe a decade.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dying Probably said:

Sounds fine. I don't think we even need to consider him for a good few years, maybe a decade.

Hope you're right.

• Like 1

I prefer Carlton the doorman to that fucking cat....

On 10/03/2021 at 08:42, Dying Probably said:

Exactly.   But we need to consider this new thread was h and every day throughout that timeframe.  

Heritage Auctions Interview 3.4.2021

Looks different than in the last video but that may be caused by the different lighting

Talks and moves like a man his age but if I didn't know who Jim Davis was and would be shown a picture of this man and asked what his age would be, I'd say something between 85 and 95

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Heritage Auctions Interview 3.4.2021

Looks different than in the last video but that may be caused by the different lighting

Talks and moves like a man his age but if I didn't know who Jim Davis was and would be shown a picture of this man and asked what his age would be, I'd say something between 85 and 95

I'd say he looks about 80, certainly not 95!