Spade_Cooley

Threads you will never click on

You literally couldn't pay me enough money to click on the Meghan Markle thread. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

You literally couldn't pay me enough money to click on the Meghan Markle thread. 

Apparently this is now the Meghan Markle forum. With occasional celebrity deaths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

University Presidents.

Fuck off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

The one that announces your own death.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Page 5 has quite a lot of funny stuff on it if anyone ever does come up with a financial offer to get you there (or maybe she got diagnosed with glioblastoma?).

I just hate having unread threads. I even click on the "Coronavirus death toll" (?) thread every day even though I don't play in it.

• Like 3

I'm another saddo who has to click on every thread.  Put it down to FOMO, as there is sometimes an entertaining off-topic spat.

I do wish there was a facility here to hide threads though.  The university presidents as mentioned above would go on it, as would all US sports, and wrestlers.

• Like 2

I very rarely set up a thread, but I am extremely proud of the Meghan Markle thread that I set up. Like baby Archie it is slowly growing and prospering into a big boy, and I look very dimly on anyone saying they won't read it which I might construe to be racist, and gingerist. Also if anyone slags off the thread it might make me feel suicidal, or at the very least, inclined to share my truth with the world. I actually set up the Markle thread 3 days before the actual one I set up, but I've never mentioned that before to anyone. Also, how come this website doesn't pay me. If anyone disagrees I will have them cancelled, especially that bitch Kate. Now I wonder if I should make a podcast about it?

• Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

Most of them.

Room 101

Thats just for all the moaning bastards...

• Haha 1

I'll click on anything, but quite often just the once. Sometimes, I see the first line in the "post preview", (because for some reason condensed view is the same as expanded view) and curiousity piqued, I'll have a look, but quite often won't go back. This particularly applies to some of the deadpools; if it requires too much thought/effort, I'm out.

The DL forum & extra-curricular, if it ain't on the front page, I ain't clicking. 

and University Presidents. Not clicking that.

Some extra-curricular threads I don't often click on but it's more out of a "can't be bothered..." sense than deliberate refusal. Admin responsibilities pretty much means I can never fully rule a thread out.

I Will click on all the threads but when I see University Presidents my heart sinks

I must click them all. It's a disease.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Same with me, she is sooo unimportant and overrated!

Same with Kanye West and his thread.

Loads of them,mostly the sports ones, in particular formula one and wrestling, also any of the religious ones, the famous for being ill one and anything food related. I don't think I have ever looked at the Scientists and inventors one either, though that is more due to oversight but deliberately ignoring it.

The Eurovision one as well. That is intentional.

Prince Philip.

I'll wait until I see a bloody article announcing his death myself!

• Haha 1

Show all unread:- does the latest post look like it is either A: interesting, or B: is following up on something interesting? That might be some pool I'm in, or just something otherwise notable. After those are investigated, mark all read.

Sometimes miss stuff but so it goes I'll catch it later.

Don't do it by precise thread, even some where I have no interest at all in the actual subject can contain amusing discourse. 

58 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Loads of them,mostly the sports ones, in particular formula one and wrestling, also any of the religious ones, the famous for being ill one and anything food related. I don't think I have ever looked at the Scientists and inventors one either, though that is more due to oversight but deliberately ignoring it.

The Eurovision one as well. That is intentional.

Bit of a miserable old bastard, aren't you. :lol:

Most of them. If I know there isn’t going to be a health update or death notice, I usually don’t even bother. Don’t even get me started on threads that get bumped just for a poster to say something dumb (I’m looking at you, Tony Bennett thread)

I read as many as I can, but having never watched an episode of Star Wars, Dr Who, Coronation Street, etc, I'm less interested in lots of the TV and film stuff.   

Also, I think I'd been a member of the forum for a few years before I realised Richard O'Sullivan wasn't the person who presented the Crystal Maze.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Book said:

Same with me, she is sooo unimportant and overrated!

Same with Kanye West and his thread.

To be fair that can be said about the whole of the Royal family time to scrap the lot of them

• Sad 1