Spade_Cooley

Threads you will never click on

As an admin, I'm obliged to read them all (but sometimes I can't ) but the one I can't stand is the celeb babies, pregnancies.  It's a fucking deathlist FFS. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Bit of a miserable old bastard, aren't you. :lol:

You've only just noticed? :) 

I don't see the point on clicking on a thread just because it's there. I know nothing about wrestling, the only three wrestlers I can name are dead already, so what would be the point of looking at it to find out  someone I have never heard of has died. Formula One bores me rigid and Eurovision outright irritates me, though I do love ABBA, and there very little point in me looking at the kitchen thread when the last time I cooked, Clive Dunn was still alive . 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

You've only just noticed? :) 

I don't see the point on clicking on a thread just because it's there. I know nothing about wrestling, the only three wrestlers I can name are dead already, so what would be the point of looking at it to find out  someone I have never heard of has died. Formula One bores me rigid and Eurovision outright irritates me, though I do love ABBA, and there very little point in me looking at the kitchen thread when the last time I cooked, Clive Dunn was still alive . 

I agree with you. Some threads I look at regularly but many have me thinking 'why the fuck did they start a thread about that?

That can also be said about my own.:D

• Like 1

Being less flippant, I'll read most of the main page threads, just some with more care than others. Even on things I have no personal interest on (cricket for example) sometimes the posts can be interesting, if that makes sense. Mind you, there are also the university presidents who are not interesting in the slightest. The covid death rate game I skip over as quickly as possible, ditto the Gooseberry pregnancy thread. The ten million posts about the royal family since last week on the other hand are enough to make one run out of whisky...

This is why it’s a fucking good job I’m not admin: given that almost everyone in this thread has agreed that the Uni Pres thread is complete and utter toss, by now I’d have deleted the fucking thing and banned any active participants in it.

I see the FFBI thread got a mention too. This forum could learn a lot from the DDP and bin that cunt off too.

And hey, the ‘celebrity’ births thread is full of litter, but everyone berating it is what makes it fine by me! And hats off to Gooseberry too for laughing in the face of such criticism, what a legend :D

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

This is why it’s a fucking tragedy I’m not admin: given that almost everyone in this thread has agreed that the Uni Pres thread is complete and utter toss, by now I’d have deleted the fucking thing and banned any active participants in it.

F (in this specific instance anyway) TFY.

25 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

And hey, the ‘celebrity’ births thread is full of litter, but everyone berating it is what makes it fine by me! And hats off to Gooseberry too for laughing in the face of such criticism, what a legend :D

Agreed, even as one of the most vociferous of those berating he's been tremendous value in responses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posters are more important to me than threads tbh.

• Like 2

Just because something is bad, misguided, useless, bad, boring, or bad, bad, bad, it doesn't need to be banned.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Just because something is bad, misguided, useless, bad, boring, or bad, bad, bad, it doesn't need to be banned.

I don't object to any of the threads, I just won't read the ones I have no interest in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yes it does because the ban hammer is fun :evil2:.

The only time I've thought it was a pity was Deathers cause he was more fun than his ban.

• Like 1

Any of the current royal threads, I don't know why the Meghan Markle thread isn't in extra curricular.

Posts in threads like Rush Limbaugh's and RBG's that turn into cancer and a troll feeding frenzy after their deaths.

The corona death game is just people posting random numbers on the daily. Zzz.

The Tuskagee thread. I can't even be fucked to learn what that is. University presidents is also no use to me.

When 2 or more users have a boring off topic discussion in a thread that take hours, if not days to respond to each other boils my piss.

But I don't like to moan. :D

EDIT: but I forgot to also moan about birthday posts.

7 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

but I forgot to also moan about birthday posts.

Ah, but the Happy Birthday thread was a godsend, because before it was created people (mainly Gooseberry) spammed the name threads every time there was a birthday.  You would see there was a post and assume the person had died, only to find the unnecessary information that it was their birthday and not their deathday. :rolleyes:

Having a dedicated birthday thread has largely concentrated that in one place.  So it's avoidable now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Perhaps said:

The Tuskagee thread. I can't even be fucked to learn what that is.

Same here. Even though its title invokes pleasant memories and melodies of Wichita Lineman, I know in my heart it's just  probably some worthy war stuff about Yanks assuaging their guilt for arriving late to two world wars, and of interest only to Sir Cunt. Neither am I much interested in those humourless lists/stats/polls threads that keep our more spectrumy members busy and off the streets.

Not only are there plenty of threads I'll never click on, there are two entire (sub-)forums - dead pools and the xXx one (is that still extant?)

On the other hand, I like the whingeing threads like this one, which obviously says much about myself. :D

• Like 2

• Most celeb threads (fuck off with your birthday posts)
  • Any of the "oldest living"-type threads
  • Bovine Attacks
  • UK Singles Chart
  • Survivors/Your Personal Survivors
  • Sickest Game in the world
  • Shadow Lists (or at least I try to avoid)
  • Threads of dead people
  • Any thread in the string of posts from Sir Creep made at midnight

I could go on about the most useless threads

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Banana said:
  • Survivors/Your Personal Survivors

YES. Saw it once and it was full of clowns reposting lengthy and uninteresting lists time and time and time again just to cross out one name at a time.

16 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Richard O'Sullivan

This guy. I have nearly no idea who he is but the thread is 88 pages long, the man doesn't even look that bad and is only 76.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

YES. Saw it once and it was full of clowns reposting lengthy and uninteresting lists time and time and time again just to cross out one name at a time.

I use it, but I just go back to my original post on there and edit it. 

I have suggested a couple of times that people follow my example, but my advice has largely been ignored.

5 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Not only are there plenty of threads I'll never click on, there are two entire (sub-)forums - dead pools and the xXx one (is that still extant?)

Don't you do any dead pools?  There are some interesting ones, notably the Scavenger Hunt one. 

• Thanks 1

I do wonder if this thread potentially identifies those who will go on to experience blood pressure or cardiac problems and those who won't.

:smoking-smiley:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Don't you do any dead pools?  There are some interesting ones, notably the Scavenger Hunt one. 

No. I did for a while several years ago, but I found other ways to waste my time/life instead. I don’t have the shuddering hatred for deadpooling as I do for fantasy football, because it was nowhere near as time consuming; I just cobbled together a DDP team by using DDT’s ideas. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

No. I did for a while several years ago, but I found other ways to waste my time/life instead. I don’t have the shuddering hatred for deadpooling as I do for fantasy football, because it was nowhere near as time consuming; I just cobbled together a DDP team by using DDT’s ideas. 

There are some fun ones though.  Ones where you can branch out a bit.

Silver Screen where you only have to pick 3 people from the cast of one film.

The Poker one, where your picks are randomly allocated cards and the scoring is done accordingly.

ABC which is picking names with initials that cover the alphabet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

There are some fun ones though.  Ones where you can branch out a bit.

Silver Screen where you only have to pick 3 people from the cast of one film.

The Poker one, where your picks are randomly allocated cards and the scoring is done accordingly.

ABC which is picking names with initials that cover the alphabet.

Of course if you want some fast moving vicious cutthroat deadpooling the you can join 20/20+1 at any time

23 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

As an admin, I'm obliged to read them all,  but the one I can't stand is the celeb babies, pregnancies.  It's a fucking deathlist FFS. 

Its a touch of happy light amongst the dark and grimness to brighten up this corner of the universe!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Its a touch of happy light amongst the dark and grimness to brighten up this corner of the universe!

We only seek death here.