Paul Bearer

Covid 19 ------- Third wave?

Settle in for the permanent wave, commonly called a perm or permanent (sometimes called a "curly perm" to distinguish it from a "straight perm"),[1] is a hairstyle consisting of waves or curls set into the hair. The curls may last a number of months, hence the name.

Perms may be applied using thermal or chemical means. In the latter method, chemicals are applied to the hair, which is then wrapped around forms to produce waves and curls. The same process is used for chemical straightening or relaxing, with the hair being flattened instead of curled during the chemical reaction.

It would appear that in India they have been trying to suppress the Covid numbers for some time, eventually the numbers tell the truth and the situation can't be played down or hidden. It was madness that a few weeks ago cricket grounds were full and religious festivals were going on with little consideration to any of the protective protocols. We can but wait and see how this develops, they just seem to be cremating bodies from the coverage at alarming rates. The quoted figures still appear to be understated.

Apparently, the country with the highest deaths/population rate is now Hungary. They have surpassed Gibraltar and put quite the distance behind them already.

Hungary, first EU country to use the Chinese and Russian vaccines on a grand scale.

At third place is Czechia, who have also made a Sputnik V deal, and had to re-assess that strategy because of faulty Russian quality. 

Some good news: Gibraltar is now officially Covid-free. Previously it was generally only small island nations who were able to say that (and, briefly, New Zealand of course). 

At the other extreme the US has just passed 600,000 deaths, on Worldometers if not on all news sources. 

I'm expecting India's toll to pass Brazil's before the end of July.

And yes, Hungary the first country to report a death rate of 3000 per million. No-one else is that close - and death rates in Czech Republic are well down now - so they may have that unhappy distinction to themselves. 

• Like 1

Well, watching the news earlier, it would appear there are more infections and hospitalisations. 

U.K. Third wave anyone? 

Well we'll get 6 weeks of freedom in July and if we aren't happy with that, then restrictions will remain in place until spring next year and then the big bad epsilon variant will arrive in the nick of time to steal away another freedom day.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/06/12/fears-restrictions-could-place-spring/

13 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Well we'll get 6 weeks of freedom in July and if we aren't happy with that, then restrictions will remain in place until spring next year and then the big bad epsilon variant will arrive in the nick of time to steal away another freedom day.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/06/12/fears-restrictions-could-place-spring/

6 weeks of freedom from July - that's overly optimistic isn't it? They've yet to lift restrictions yet and with talk of them continuing till mid / late July nothing much is going to change

• Like 1

British people getting nice weather in June to August means they will all go to the beaches where they can spread Covid etc. I told my parents this last year. Why can't we close the beaches or restrict how many people are allowed there? Or is that asking too much?

10k+ people at these test events such as FA cup, Euros, Ascot and other important sporting events are not helping.

Outdoor transmission in summer has never resulted in huge spikes. And the link between cases and hospitalisation and deaths is totally broken. The vaccines are completely pumping all variants. It's an exit wave and absolutely no danger of overwhelming the NHS.

More importantly, if you plot cases in the U.K and the U.S on a graph, you get a Brontosaurus.

IMG_20210613_221334.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

.....and 84.7% of those vaccinated deaths were probably 70 years old plus and/or had other medical issues too.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

.....and 84.7% of those vaccinated deaths were probably 70 years old plus and/or had other medical issues too.

.....oh, and another thing. A matter of weeks ago India was on the verge of social collapse because the virus was running riot and they could not cope, had no oxygen etc, etc. 

Hardly in the news now. Gone from Apocalyptic lead stories in the press and media to, pretty much, fuck all.

Strange....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

.....oh, and another thing. A matter of weeks ago India was on the verge of social collapse because the virus was running riot and they could not cope, had no oxygen etc, etc. 

Hardly in the news now. Gone from Apocalyptic lead stories in the press and media to, pretty much, fuck all.

Strange....

The Euros have started :-)

• Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 00:38, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Strange....

India's statistics according to Google is that their daily cases have gone down to about 45k compared to 9th May when it was over 400,000 cases per day.

image.png.59bcd1bb61ebf5d32fef4e578b389052.png

Anyone else going to miss seeing that apparently Fred West and Harold Shipman have just been in for a pint before us?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

Anyone else going to miss seeing that apparently Fred West and Harold Shipman have just been in for a pint before us?

Don't get this. But to note, wasn't there a significant age gap between Freddie  and Co's victims and those of Dr Shipman. 

45 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Don't get this. But to note, wasn't there a significant age gap between Freddie  and Co's victims and those of Dr Shipman. 

Wait you didn't spent the entire year pretending you didn't own a phone like we all did in Scotland dodging Track and Trace like fuck?

You are perfectly correct r.e the age gap. I'm not sure why my adopted countrymen chose to identify themselves as these fine individuals but that's just my experience. 

If they were Deathlisters they wouldn't have made such a faux pas getting their serial killers mixed up like that :o

1 hour ago, Boudicca said:

Not to mention all those sharing the contact number 0121-do-1

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

Wait you didn't spent the entire year pretending you didn't own a phone like we all did in Scotland dodging Track and Trace like fuck?

You are perfectly correct r.e the age gap. I'm not sure why my adopted countrymen chose to identify themselves as these fine individuals but that's just my experience. 

If they were Deathlisters they wouldn't have made such a faux pas getting their serial killers mixed up like that :o

1. I do not own a phone apart from a landline. 

2. Don't understand the rest.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

1. I do not own a phone apart from a landline

Explains.....

3 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

2. Don't understand the rest.

I think its the false positives the NHS app threw up. I had it on my phone and it managed to tell me I'd been in close contact with Typhoid Mary amongst others even though I hadn't left the house.

I had cause to replace my phone, I did not re-install the app.

Might be wrong of course.

I just assumed the Track and Trace was faulty and that all of you buggers were potential death carriers. :D

Is that the thing where you're meant to scan a Q code?  I've only ever done that a few times - nobody else seems to bother, they just go straight in.

21 minutes ago, msc said:

I just assumed the Track and Trace was not? faulty and that all of you buggers were potential death carriers. :D

Surely?

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is that the thing where you're meant to scan a Q code?  I've only ever done that a few times - nobody else seems to bother, they just go straight in.

That was half of it, the other half relied on bluetooth and a scan of other phones close to you where bluetooth was switched on and the app installed. That's the part that produced all the false positives. Bluetooth eh? Who'd have thought? :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, En Passant said:

That was half of it, the other half relied on bluetooth and a scan of other phones close to you where bluetooth was switched on and the app installed. That's the part that produced all the false positives. Bluetooth eh? Who'd have thought? :rolleyes:

Oh well, I probably didn't have mine switched on most of the time.  I don't use it much. 

• Thanks 1