Paul Bearer

Covid 19 ------- Third wave?

On 18/08/2021 at 17:17, Genfærd said:

So... a very close family member of mine fell ill on saturday and was picked up by ambulance on sunday morning. Tested positive for Covid-19 later that day, even though the person and their SO + most of our family is vaccinated.

A few short hours after the family member tested positve, they went into ICU.

Been some horrible days since more members tested positive.

@Genfærd... How are your family members?

I hope you are all well and enjoying the summer.
With my fraternal prayers and best wishes with respect to those serious health problems, which I am sure will be of a timely character.
All the best. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MariNisia said:

@Genfærd... How are your family members?

I hope you are all well and enjoying the summer.
With my fraternal prayers and best wishes with respect to those serious health problems, which I am sure will be of a timely character.
All the best. ;)

That was very kind of you - thank you. Everyone has recovered ever since, and we're doing great.

All the best - hope you are doing well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fourth wave thread, anyone?

New “Omicron” variant was found in several places including South Africa, Botswana and Hong Kong yesterday, and now it’s in Belgium. Rest of Europe to be fucked by it by the end of next week, no doubt. This one has a worrying number of mutations and we don’t know yet how effective vaccines are against it.

11046EFA-9C30-4080-845F-AF66EB7A02C8.thumb.png.a08893a834933f874f86a764c74faddc.png

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

So, no travel ban on the new Omicron variant, no seeming enforcement of self isolation for everyone entering the country (but they will self isolate, yeah right), blah blah blah.

Where is everyone coming in to the UK going to stay? Are there enough hotel rooms? 

Looks like we are all fucked for Christmas and beyond. They don't care who lives and dies....

Anyone woken up yet? :D if not we'll talk after you have to 'earn your freedoms'  back from the 5th dose. 

FFOv1GBWQAYRPwq.jpeg

• Facepalm 2

52 minutes ago, six feet blunder said:

For all the anagram lovers out there Omircon = Moronic

Racoon=Corona. Life expectancy 20years.

Won’t be long before the U.S. tops one million COVID deaths (987,000 presently).

Covid-19 has left the same proportion of the population dead—about 0.3%—as did World War II, and in less time.

SC

I thought there was an Omicron thread somewhere? Anyways .... encouraging sign for Britain. 219 dead reported today, but as we know Tuesday is a 'spike' day and this is well down on previous weeks. I think Worldometers has messed up somewhere though. Yesterday the UK was shown as having 2.8 million active cases and suddenly we have 3.7 million! 900,000 in 24 hours? I suspect we've been attributed a huge number previously given to France, as their numbers have dropped just as fast.  

The other promising sign is the 511 people on ventilators - was almost 1000 just before Christmas. 

There's a reason behind the sudden rise in UK COVID-19 cases - as of Monday the stats now included re-infection cases for the first time.

In a span of just three days, four states have announced the end of daily COVID-19 data reporting, joining six other states that have ended daily reporting of cases and deaths.

Just eight states—North Dakota, Texas, Arkansas, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware—still report cases seven days per week.

Sir Creep had to go to PAGE FOUR of Extracurricular just to find this thread, before one of y’all do-gooders gets your panties in a bunch. Five weeks since this thread was bumped, proving the other 42 states that limit reporting COVID cases correct, SirC reckons. 

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/03/15/covi-m15.html

We've moved on. We're on our 4th wave a new variant of the omicron variant. 

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

We've moved on. We're on our 4th wave a new variant of the omicron variant. 

Yep.Both my triple jabbed parents tested positive on Sunday.

According to Worldometer there are 362, 328 new cases in South Korea today, May 15th; along with 293 deaths. 

Me at the burgeoning prospect of a ‘Fourth Wave’ thread:

D8224993-D0C0-4642-9490-9E799A63CD0B.gif.7cce3c174f4b30ab6c56fec87bdf0598.gif

• Like 1

Covid is so 2020/21.   I thought this year we were giving nuclear war a chance instead.  

• Like 3

On 15/03/2022 at 15:44, DevonDeathTrip said:

Covid is so 2020/21.   I thought this year we were giving nuclear war a chance instead.  

Patience my child! It`s coming to your neighborhood soon. The Rise of the Machines - Skynet is soon self aware. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

See the source image

Just working through the order :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Having shielded for two years and been careful I have finally tested positive for Covid. No doubt where it originated, Mrs Controller and her friends from school. I think that the variant I have is equivalent to a mild cold without the runny nose. This would bring the Covid to manageable levels for people who are vaccinated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Having shielded for two years and been careful I have finally tested positive for Covid. No doubt where it originated, Mrs Controller and her friends from school. I think that the variant I have is equivalent to a mild cold without the runny nose. This would bring the Covid to manageable levels for people who are vaccinated.

I did my best to catch it last week to no avail.  i figured that a boost with natural immunity could only be a good thing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I did my best to catch it last week to no avail.  i figured that a boost with natural immunity could only be a good thing.

I would agree, it should become the level of risk that flu has become. These things will always get us in the end the big C has to be the next target.

6 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Clorox Sr is positive. He got it from his 90-year-old parents who are doing much better than him. It does make me a bit paranoid, being in the same house as someone who's wheezing and spluttering the virus into the air every few seconds. I'm also doing overtime because I don't need to isolate (negative) and everyone else at work has got it, unlike me with my covid-dodging skills. Still haven't wrung out any sick pay from the fuckers :sicktherm:

So it’s round 2 of the Rona for me.

1st time was back October 2020, but this time my best mate came round for a roast on Sunday and left me a little guest. 

3 times jabbed and whilst I’m feeling at best a bit achey with a niggling throat and headache, I’ve no cough so far. Fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets. 

• Like 1