Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

The Scaffold

Sorry, I couldn't find a thread for them.

I got my Covid jag today.  When I got back to work, for some reason the song "Lilly the Pink" came into my head.  Well, she invented medicinal compound :lol:

Then thought I wonder whatever happened to the Scaffold?

Quick check sees them all still alive.

Mike McGear (77)

Roger McGough (83)

John Gorman (85)

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything regarding their health, but they're certainly getting on a bit. 

McGough showed up on Pointless a few months ago looking old but well, he is old.

Macca's brother (a friend of a friend) was fine and well last I heard - about Christmas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Sorry, I couldn't find a thread for them.

I got my Covid jag today.  

Obviously you get more for your vaccine in Scotland...

• Haha 3

The scaffold is a rather strange thing. I don't really accept this, but I think that history has given rise to the present. But these boards reminded us of our home. We are going to start work on finishing the facade of a country house. There was a question about scaffolding. The height of the house is more than 14 m, and the dimensions are 11 m x 14 m. The installation of frame scaffolding is obvious, but there are a number of elements on one wall that protrude beyond the size of the building. Therefore, I can advise you to take a closer look at your personal experience.Petesune because they helped us a lot and did all the work perfectly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Best new poster?

Has to be in the running, didn't start a new thread yet.

• Haha 1

Just seen McGear (79), McGough (85) and Gorman (87) do a live interview/Q&A.
All of them seem to be doing okay, walking up and down steps fine. McGear is nutty but he always has been. McGough seems the most frail - he’s tiny - but I did notice John Gorman seems to have a false nose now. Feel icky saying it but it’s true. Judging on photos I’ve found, it seems to be a recent thing so perhaps he’s had cancer? Not sure. All very funny blokes still. 

• Like 3

On 17/02/2023 at 20:08, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

but I did notice John Gorman seems to have a false nose now. Feel icky saying it but it’s true. Judging on photos I’ve found, it seems to be a recent thing so perhaps he’s had cancer? Not sure.

I put John Gorman on my #1 Hits DDP team in 2022 on the basis of a tweet by an apparent friend of his saying he'd emailed her "shocking news about his health" in 2020 and then gone incommunicado for months. Not much to go on but pretty ominous. Then he started performing again and I dropped him for 2023, but I did wonder about the nose in recent pics – certainly looks like he's been through something.

• Like 1