Charlotte's Controller

What I would like to have been to qualify for Deathlist

I had a thought that the the aim of deathlisters was to celebrate the lives of those who had achieved something in their existence.

So here is my question to deathlisters, even if you have not achieved anything yourself, trolling, sniping, and critiquing on social media accounts do not count. Personally I am an accountant and so my scope is limited. What would you like to have been remembered for or let your imagination run wild dream to have been remembered for.

Personally I would like to have been a OO assassin, astronaut or a participant in successful time travel experimentation

Please note the classification of Shipman is one I do not like, I passed the surgery twice a day on my way to work and several of my colleagues had relatives who had been his victims, a detestable human being.

I was a collector for Littlewoods Pools way back when and I would have liked to have been one of their big winners at a time before the lottery came in and that was about the biggest thing there was to win.

I would have done the 'Spend, Spend, Spend' bit and had my name and face splashed all over the tabloids.

Dying while being blown by two huge breasted, middle aged nymphos.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Please note the classification of Shipman is one I do not like, I passed the surgery twice a day on my way to work and several of my colleagues had relatives who had been his victims, a detestable human being.

Ask for it to be changed to whatever you want in the Name Shame thread.

Answering this thread’s question...I went into engineering, and I’ve done well out of it, but particularly recently I’ve been thinking about all the things I’d much rather have been; whether it be in writing, comedy, motor racing, acting, politics, journalism...all dreams innit. Ah well. Never mind. I managed an ARDS license and some opinions. Close enough.

2 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

It's the Deathlist.

A site that is renowned for its poor taste, its very poor taste.

Just thought I'd mention it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Let me know what you'd like it changed to and I'll sort it.  

I'd like to be remembered for something creative which will outlive me; art, music, literature, etc.  All I need to do is use the time I have left to produce the body of work to which secures my legacy. (I'm not sure winning deadpools really counts).

• Haha 1

Reminds me of the late great Ian Dury ....

I could be the driver an articulated lorry
I could be a poet I wouldn't need to worry
I could be a teacher in a classroom full of scholars
I could be the sergeant in a squadron full of wallahs

What a waste
What a waste
What a waste
What a waste
Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste! But I don't mind

I could be a lawyer with strategems and ruses
I could be a doctor with poultices and bruises
I could be a writer with a growing reputation
I could be the ticket man at Fulham Broadway Station

What a waste
What a waste
What a waste
What a waste
Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste! But I don't mind

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by

Yeah!  I'd have loved to be a rock singer.  Alas I cannot sing a single note in tune.

Or a really good actress, the sort who can disappear into a role and not be recognised in the street.

Or an artist.  I mean, when you see some of the shit that passes for art in galleries now, that's doable.

• Like 2

This thread is going to be anime as hell.

Having kids.It's all I'm good at.I'd like to genuinely fight evil in some way or make contact with alien life.

Having written one song that was so successful that I never had to write another one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Having written one song that was so successful that I never had to write another one.

I’ve written that song several times, but the world hasn’t realised it yet. Stupid world!

Other than that, serial killer who was nice to his ma, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

one song

There's a thread in that for someone braver than me to start, perhaps on a different forum. Would you pick something financially successful but artistically humiliating like Mull of Kintyre? I've thought about it often, but still no idea which existing song I'd choose. Noddy has never had a bad word to say about Merry Christmas Everybody, unsurprisingly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

It'll change when you make further posts

I'd like to have been a professional sportsman but in something I enjoy and could continue through life. Not football  or rugby but maybe golf or running - both sports I enjoy - outside and healthy.

There are 3 people who wronged me in business (all from same company) - if I found out I was terminally ill I might look into murdering them in some horrible drawn out way - that's probably my best chance of getting a QO.:axe:

If everything else fails, I want to live long enough to set longevity records. I said before, I'd like to live in three centuries, so yeah, 1982-2100, at least. 

49 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I would like to have written a novel.

Then get on with it. Just do not write the one I am planning to write. For the last 3 millennia. 

I think I shall adopt someone famous and then get put on the list for being the parent of someone famous. Seems to work. 

14 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Its a nice little vegan takeaway these days. Yes, I'd like one Jhal Muri and one Gobi Manchurian, please - but hold the morphine. Cheers mate, 20 minutes?

8 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I thought about that a while back, but a friend in the industry told me that it just doesn't happen any more because there are too many sharks who will demand a share of it.

He also said that the late Pete Shelley told him that "Ever Fallen In Love" brought him enough income that he never needed to work again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Toast said:

I thought about that a while back, but a friend in the industry told me that it just doesn't happen any more because there are too many sharks who will demand a share of it.

He also said that the late Pete Shelley told him that "Ever Fallen In Love" brought him enough income that he never needed to work again.

Yes, C. Carson Parks who wrote "Something Stupid" is another one.

It's true that each song these days seems to have 8+ writers, and the line between producer and songwriter gets easily blurred when it's all done on computers. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if within 10 years there is a top 10 song written entirely by a computer algorithm. [in fact I have my suspicions already..]

A writer of a successful book, possibly maybe.

;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Yes, C. Carson Parks who wrote "Something Stupid" is another one.

It's true that each song these days seems to have 8+ writers, and the line between producer and songwriter gets easily blurred when it's all done on computers. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if within 10 years there is a top 10 song written entirely by a computer algorithm. [in fact I have my suspicions already..]

People are rewarded with a credit for adding a single word to a song, whether the writer likes it or not.  That's one way they get their slice of the pie.  Never used to happen.

Crazy political assassin.

just waiting for her to get close enough...:ph34r:

This reminds me of a composition exercise we did at school years ago, where we had to write an essay on what we'd like to be famous for. This was around the height of George Best's fame, plus the era of the 'Kings Road' Chelsea team, so I went with professional footballer, though (as I didn't write at the time) not just for footballing reasons!