Charles De Gaulle

Chevy Chase

Chevy Chase was recently hospitalised for 5 weeks following surgery for heart issues 

With a history of cocaine abuse and obesity not to mention that he is now approaching 80. I think it's high time for him to have his own thread here.

• Like 3

I personally don’t mind that this thread was created, but I know others are going to have words about it. Be warned

• Haha 3

He as about as funny as a hernia.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

His time is probably soon. :P lol

Don’t oppose the creation of the thread in principal, but it’s author is a total cunt, and for that reason I hope a mod deletes it and merges with the Comedians thread. :)

• Facepalm 1

One of the greatest comedy actors of his generation. Apparently a bellend in real life though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

One of the greatest comedy actors of his generation. Apparently a bellend in real life though.

Yep and Yep

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

He as about as funny as a hernia.

Sure that depends who's hernia I'm laughing at.

3 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Sure that depends who's hernia I'm laughing at.

Any hernia, all hernias.

6 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

The @Ulitzer95 develops out of sheer rage whenever he sees any of my posts.

I cracked a joke about your little lovers’ tiff in the Philip thread a few days ago and got a lovely message from him saying “must you always be such a cunt?”

• Haha 1

"We must be extremely uptight and whiny about new threads or else jesus will delete this site."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chevy Chase is one of the great ornery fuckers in Hollywood history, and despite clearly being racist, sexist, homphobic and probably a few other ists, is right in every single beef he's had.

• Like 1

Perfectly cast in Community, which is how millenials and Gen Z know him. I liked him in the Three Amigos, too. Never got the Fletch movies.

Is it time for the SNL members to get their threads? I know we have a Dan Ackroyd thread, some are already dead, like John Belushi. But what about Bill Murray, or Eddie Murphy? Putin / Charles, you know what to do. 

• Like 1

Mad to think he was the first choice for the lead roles in American GigoloAmerican BeautySplash and Toy Story (Buzz, not Woody), and yet he turned them all down.

43 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Perfectly cast in Community, which is how millenials and Gen Z know him. I liked him in the Three Amigos, too. Never got the Fletch movies.

Is it time for the SNL members to get their threads? I know we have a Dan Ackroyd thread, some are already dead, like John Belushi. But what about Bill Murray, or Eddie Murphy? Putin / Charles, you know what to do. 

Bill Murray and Eddie Murphy seem to be in fine health right now.

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Mad to think he was the first choice for the lead roles in American GigoloAmerican BeautySplash and Toy Story (Buzz, not Woody), and yet he turned them all down.

Those films dodged a bullet then.

11 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Chevy Chase is one of the great ornery fuckers in Hollywood history, and despite clearly being racist, sexist, homphobic and probably a few other ists, is right in every single beef he's had.

'Ornery' is a fantastic word; thank you for introducing me to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was 'ornery and that it meant a place devoted to the production of French Horn players. However it seems to an Americanism that has a wide range of meanings from poor to cantankerous to comtemptible, according to my dictionary.

On 24/03/2021 at 22:54, Youth in Asia said:

I thought it was 'ornery and that it meant a place devoted to the production of French Horn players. However it seems to an Americanism that has a wide range of meanings from poor to cantankerous to comtemptible, according to my dictionary.

That’s a very accurate definition fwiw.  Sorry to hear your culture missed out on this term.  It is almost always followed by ‘old’ and then some derogatory term; e.g. ‘ornery old cuss’, ‘ornery old goat’, ornery old sonovabitch’, etc.  Use sparingly.

SC 

Might I have a bit of a sense of humour bypass, as I've never found him funny (despite him being a good actor)?

Was the guest on today’s episode of the Fly On the Wall podcast. His wife said he was in heart failure last year

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Was the guest on today’s episode of the Fly On the Wall podcast. His wife said he was in heart failure last year

I hear it’s nice there that time of year.

• Haha 2

On 24/03/2021 at 09:23, Spade_Cooley said:

Bill Murray cancelled I hear? Is that another person Chevy Chase was pilloried for feuding with where it turns out Chevy was in the right?

• Like 2