Charles De Gaulle

Chevy Chase

In adding to the above comments (about heart failure and his previous drug abuse and the like), I'll just throw in an observation that might be nothing, but what the hell, I look for shit like this.  So there were commercials for Raising Cane's that aired during the holidays on American TV.  They basically do a play on the scene in his movie Christmas Vacation where they light the house up, in this case where they light up a Raising Cane's.  Anyway, I noticed that he was sitting in a chair for the shots in the commercial, even though his character is standing in the movie, and even though everyone else in the commercial is standing.  And while I found this clip, which does show him standing a couple of times, he does look like he's moving pretty slowly.  All in all, given how he sounds and given that I am not sure that they want him to stand for long periods, I wonder just how frail he is.  Not sure that he's in imminent danger, but I do think he's one to keep an eye on for sure.  

Chevy Chase Goes Full Clark Griswold For Raising Cane's Commercial - YouTube

• Like 2

Seen here in a wheelchair recently. A little reminder as deadpoolers are drafting their lists.

Hands up everyone who saw "Chevy Chase, post by Thatcher" on the main page and thought "yep, he's dead". Me, certainly.

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Hands up everyone who saw "Chevy Chase, post by Thatcher" on the main page and thought "yep, he's dead". Me, certainly.

Everytime I see Thatcher post I expect news of a death. 

16 minutes ago, msc said:

Sometimes I do it just to wind you all up ;) 

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Seen here in a wheelchair recently. A little reminder as deadpoolers are drafting their lists.

He looks way worse than Stallone. Stallone has seemed to essentially never age since I was a kid though.

• Like 1