Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Covid passports

Covid passports  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since your Eurojabs can’t be trusted as the least bit efficacious, unlike American ones, until you get your shit together this discussion is moot.  
I’m fine with the passport idea.  I’m also fine with my country refusing to recognise your vaccine as anything other than a placebo, and demanding you intruders pay for OUR jabs thus beefing up our phat American economy and keeping your ‘strains’ - that we never seem to get here - the fuck outta this country.  

• Shocked 1

29 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Since your Eurojabs can’t be trusted as the least bit efficacious, unlike American ones, until you get your shit together this discussion is moot.  
I’m fine with the passport idea.  I’m also fine with my country refusing to recognise your vaccine as anything other than a placebo, and demanding you intruders pay for OUR jabs thus beefing up our phat American economy and keeping your ‘strains’ - that we never seem to get here - the fuck outta this country.  

I'm fine with you staying the fuck out of our country, so it's all good.

• Haha 5

Doesn't bother me either way.

I do fuck all anyway. :P

We have Covid "passport" here in Denmark now to get into shops etc. 

Its blows. Too many people wants to get tested now to get a haircut, people fake the passports and its just a mess. 

It does not work well. 

And I really want to get the vaccine and to get it over with so I can avoid testing, but I can't because my girlfriend wont allow me to take the AstraZeneca vaccine due to the risk of blood clots and there aren't any other options right now. 

I hate spending time in a line for a test just so I can go to IKEA or get a haircut. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

And I really want to get the vaccine and to get it over with so I can avoid testing, but I can't because my girlfriend wont allow me to take the AstraZeneca vaccine due to the risk of blood clots and there aren't any other options right now. 

FFS.

Show her this.

EygwBhFWgAMQblV?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

FFS.

Show her this.

Trust me. I have said that the chances are one in a million and she dont care. She is so scared to lose me even though I am in very good health, so chances are extremely slim. 

Its just not a discussion I can win. I've shown her your graph and argued for it, but she dont care. "WHAT IF YOU GET A BLOOD CLOT AND DIE FROM IT?" 

"then post it in dead deathlisters". 

Beyond frustrating because I just want to get a god damn vaccine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Toast said:

FFS.

Show her this.

Just to ruin the tone completely, as someone who has childhood memories of the news when that plane hit the apartment block in Holland in the early 90s, 1 in 250, 000 is a bit high for my liking. :P:lol:

Nay.

The vaccine passports won't just be for this Vaccine. Say you get to the point were we're having multiple experimental vaccines a year to get ahead of variants. Do we know the long term effects ? Do we know the effects of the vaccine with other vaccines? 

Could you make a case for this being a big pharma's wet dream ? How powerful could these pharmaceutical companies get? We could end up in a Umbrella in raccoon city situation.

1 hour ago, Genfærd said:

Trust me. I have said that the chances are one in a million and she dont care. She is so scared to lose me even though I am in very good health, so chances are extremely slim. 

Its just not a discussion I can win. I've shown her your graph and argued for it, but she dont care. "WHAT IF YOU GET A BLOOD CLOT AND DIE FROM IT?" 

I'd get another girlfriend if I were you. 

• Like 2

Made my mind up for ‘Nay’, from a domestic point of view. The consequences for our already severely wounded entertainment industry, for staff having to enforce and the sheer number of exemptions and technicalities and such (most of which are not agreeable but will still exist) all add up to it being less workable than problematic.

So now we can sit outside at pubs. Current temperature: 2 degrees C. Forecast: sleet showers.

More businesses will open, but indoor settings should be visited alone, or with household groups. Outside, six people or two households can meet.

• All shops allowed to open
  • Hairdressers, beauty salons and other close-contact services can open
  • Restaurants and pubs allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors
  • Gyms and spas can reopen, as can zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres
  • Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation
  • Non-essential journeys between England and Wales are allowed
  • Weddings - up to 15 people
  • Funerals - up to 30 people, with 15 at wakes
  • Children will be able to attend any indoor children's activity
  • Care home visitors will increase to two per resident
  • Driving lessons can resume, with driving tests restarting on 22 April

Funerals seemingly more popular than weddings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

So now we can sit outside at pubs. Current temperature here: 2 degrees C.

Just take some Ecstasy before you go :D

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

So now we can sit outside at pubs. Current temperature: 2 degrees C. Forecast: sleet showers.

Blanket of snow here this morning.

On 09/04/2021 at 21:42, Genfærd said:

We have Covid "passport" here in Denmark now to get into shops etc. 

Its blows. Too many people wants to get tested now to get a haircut, people fake the passports and its just a mess. 

It does not work well. 

I hate spending time in a line for a test just so I can go to IKEA or get a haircut. 

On 09/04/2021 at 22:11, Genfærd said:

Trust me. I have said that the chances are one in a million and she dont care. She is so scared to lose me even though I am in very good health, so chances are extremely slim

Congratulations, Genfærd.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

Having a friend like you can save a load of money on psychoanalysts.

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MariNisia said:

Congratulations, Genfærd.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

Having a friend like you can save a load of money on psychoanalysts.

Take care.

Thank you for your kind words! :)

• Thanks 1

Or, to look at it another way, let’s not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

You’re confused @diego. Want something explaining?

Fuckwit.

• Sad 1