Phantom

Three Steps To Heaven

Swedish rockabilly singer and guitarist Jyrki "J.J." Juvonen of bands such as -Wildfire Willie and the Ramblers, Jack Baymoore and the Bandits, has lost his battle against cancer at the age of 48/49

jj.jpg

• Like 3

Don Everly has passed away at the age of 84

the-everly-brothers.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

He sure has, though the main sites haven't picked it up yet. Now the Neverly Brothers.

Gone Everly.

• Like 1

By the way, Don is survived by their mother Margaret who is 101 years old -- no one should bury their own children, but what if their children are also already way above the average life exspectancy?

And that leaves Jerry Lee Lewis as the last surviving founding member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Who would have thought that 30 years ago?

• Like 1

Great harmonies and a great legacy of groups influenced by the Everly Bros. A sad loss.

Now it's a scramble to wonder who the oldest living celeb with a living parent is. Possibly Chuck Norris, whose mother turned 100 earlier this year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

He sure has, though the main sites haven't picked it up yet. Now the Neverly Brothers.

When I heard, the news was just going around. At first I believed it was a hoax  spoke to a few people (other musicians and concert promoters) who confirmed it 

What do the Everly Bros have to do with rockabilly?  If the creator of this thread doesn’t know it’s focus maybe it should be merged.  
SC

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

What do the Everly Bros have to do with rockabilly?  If the creator of this thread doesn’t know it’s focus maybe it should be merged.  
SC

D8D20074-825B-4880-85A8-D62B62E2F69D.thumb.jpeg.3eade10ec273fcd11cafdfd2db8522a8.jpeg6F475C48-8DC8-4F0B-96A3-9439A4C6A886.jpeg.e4e5c378381a271aabe1ea5c632a8935.jpeg

Going by his post in the Dead Pop Stars thread, SC might be confusing the Everly Brothers with the Righteous Brothers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, pbert said:

By the way, Don is survived by their mother Margaret who is 101 years old -- no one should bury their own children, but what if their children are also already way above the average life exspectancy?

And that leaves Jerry Lee Lewis as the last surviving founding member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Who would have thought that 30 years ago?

So the Everly Mother is still around then? She was only 17 when Don was born, though I  guess that was nothing unusual in 1930s Kentucky.

Going to play a few EB tunes tonight though .. 'Let It Be Me' a particular favourite. 

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

They were there when everything kicked off

On 22/08/2021 at 12:09, Sir Creep said:

SC

https://youtu.be/3u3jEwkG3_Y

Further health issues for Levi Dexter. He tested positive for Covid on December 22nd and is currently trying to fight off a "secondary chest infection".

This was just a day after he received his booster shot. 

Glen Glenn has passed away at the age of 87.

Will have more details later

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Glen Glenn has passed away at the age of 87.

Will have more details later

@Sir Creep solo hit for Team Gris Gris if the QO comes through.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

@Sir Creep solo hit for Team Gris Gris if the QO comes through.

It's a team entered for 'fun only' as QOs aren't necessarily considered (maybe in tie-break situations).  Glen Glenn has zero chance but it feels good to get a Lost hit nonetheless and open up a spot for next year's entry.  
Note his real name Orin Glenn Troutman for search purposes.  Thanks for the update @Phantom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

It's a team entered for 'fun only' as QOs aren't necessarily considered (maybe in tie-break situations).  Glen Glenn has zero chance but it feels good to get a Lost hit nonetheless and open up a spot for next year's entry.  
Note his real name Orin Glenn Troutman for search purposes.  Thanks for the update @Phantom

I wouldn't say that he has zero chance of getting a qualifying obit. After all, he was the 20th inductee of the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.

• Haha 1

On 19/04/2021 at 17:28, Phantom said:

Expanded some notes and added a few to the list submitted by Arghton

Ronnie Hawkins (b. 1935) Still performs despite being diagnosed years ago with pancreatic cancer

I've heard from a contact in the States that Ronnie Hawkins was taken off life-support a few hours ago.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, JQW said:

I've heard from a contact in the States that Ronnie Hawkins was taken off life-support a few hours ago.

Picked for the DDP as recently as last year. Not seeing Hawkins on this year's candidates however.

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Picked for the DDP as recently as last year. Not seeing Hawkins on this year's candidates however.

Yeah, between the number of music theme teams or even time's Ron team he's the type of name I'd have thought would be picked somewhere.

Proclaiming himself cured of pancreatic cancer in the early aughts via alternative healing, only to actually live for nearly 20 years more, is one of those all time great deadpooling WTFs at any rate.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JQW said:

Can Confirm this sadly 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, JQW said:

Ronnie Hawkins dead at 87.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 18/04/2021 at 23:07, Phantom said:

Robert Gordon recently had heart surgery.

Now Robert Gordon being reported dead: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1