Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool IV

Just to clarify on the UK Cabinet Ministers eligibility. Junior ministers do not count but remember not everyone in the cabinet is an MP for example in the run up to the Falklands War Lord Carrington was Foreign secretary even though he was a member of the House of Lords

Four entries in so far. Some minor verification issues  hence the clarification. I even had to disqualify a couple of my entries during verification

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Just to clarify on the UK Cabinet Ministers eligibility. Junior ministers do not count but remember not everyone in the cabinet is an MP for example in the run up to the Falklands War Lord Carrington was Foreign secretary even though he was a member of the House of Lords

Four entries in so far. Some minor verification issues  hence the clarification. I even had to disqualify a couple of my entries during verification

Out of interest, on Wikipedia there is a distinction between Members of the Cabinet and 'Also attending Cabinet' - do I assume we're only picking members who were part of the Cabinet at some point? (Most eventually got an upgrade to the full Cabinet if at one point they attended, but not all). Only one I've researched so far!

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Out of interest, on Wikipedia there is a distinction between Members of the Cabinet and 'Also attending Cabinet' - do I assume we're only picking members who were part of the Cabinet at some point? (Most eventually got an upgrade to the full Cabinet if at one point they attended, but not all). Only one I've researched so far!

They should have held a Cabinet Position

• Like 1

The four entries I have received so far are all now verified. There are three weeks left to get those entries in but am dreading a rush in the last few days. Last day for entries is actually Bank Holiday Monday in the UK.

• Like 2

It was a lot easier finding time to do research during a national lockdown! :lol:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

It was a lot easier finding time to do research during a national lockdown! :lol:

Getting five names is not too hard but getting five names that are going to die that is much harder

14 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Getting five names is not too hard but getting five names that are going to die that is much harder

My performance in Round 3 suggests my thorough efforts came to nought anyway!

44 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Evidence suggests that they'll all die eventually.

*crosses Norman Lloyd off the list of Star Trek alumni*

• Like 2

Researching MLB Champions now, why the fuck is every baseball person either called Bobby or Billy?

• Haha 3

My entry is in (subject to ratification by the adjudicator). It includes one baseball player named Bobby.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, time said:

My entry is in (subject to ratification by the adjudicator). It includes one baseball player named Bobby.

Do you happen to have a baseball Dick in there? Dick pops up a lot too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Perhaps said:

Do you happen to have a baseball Dick in there? Dick pops up a lot too. 

Strangely enough, yes. and a Willie!

• Like 1

I think I'll just go for people with funny names.

• Like 1

Ten Entries Received 

Two weeks left

Still waiting on Eleven former players but happy to welcome anyone new to the party 

• Like 1

All the ten entries are verified apart from one player who needs to sent me a top up for an ineligible pick.

The sooner you get then in the sooner I can release them at the beginning of June.

Any more new players?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Any more new players?

I'm working on it, but the categories are all some way outside my topics of interest so am struggling a bit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm working on it, but the categories are all some way outside my topics of interest so am struggling a bit.

@Toast... I have the same problem...

I tried thinking about baseball... and fall asleep on the couch.  :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

@Toast... I have the same problem...

I tried thinking about baseball... and fall asleep on the couch.  :facepalm:

Nowadays I do that even when there's something good on the telly .....  <_<

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I actually think the ones I had to research I came up with a better selection of names than the ones I completed from existing knowledge 

• Like 1

Lee Evans no longer an eligible pick in Summer Olympic Gold medallists category. Had not yet been selected

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Lee Evans no longer an eligible pick in Summer Olympic Gold medallists category. Had not yet been selected

RIP The Lee Evans Gambit namer. 

• Like 1

I was half tempted to pick him here as a joke due to his infamous spot in deadpooing history. But thought about it for half a minute before deciding against.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I literally put him on my research list today! :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1