Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool IV

I have submitted. As often, I think I should have waited one more week, but oh, let's hope that Walter Koenig does not have to be rushed to hospital with a heart attack next weekend. At some point, you just want to get it done.

For MLB names... I had exactly five suitable names on my longlist. So that's that. (Sadly, John Wockenfuss is not an MLB champion)

Pulitzer Prize: Hey, I own stuff by three of the five names I chose. And eventually also by the fourth name.

Star Trek: I should do well because it's one of my interests. But come on, 70% of Hollywood had roles in one of these shows/movies/animated series. So in the end, it's like throwing darts.

UK government ministers: Eh... known names, some not so known names. Not much choice really - but that's okay.

Summer Olympics gold medals: Needed a list for that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I have submitted. As often, I think I should have waited one more week, but oh, let's hope that Walter Koenig does not have to be rushed to hospital with a heart attack next weekend. At some point, you just want to get it done.

For MLB names... I had exactly five suitable names on my longlist. So that's that. (Sadly, John Wockenfuss is not an MLB champion)

Pulitzer Prize: Hey, I own stuff by three of the five names I chose. And eventually also by the fourth name.

Star Trek: I should do well because it's one of my interests. But come on, 70% of Hollywood had roles in one of these shows/movies/animated series. So in the end, it's like throwing darts.

UK government ministers: Eh... known names, some not so known names. Not much choice really - but that's okay.

Summer Olympics gold medals: Needed a list for that.

There is one group where the selections are distinctly narrower than the others.

Just sent in my entry. First time entering a pool with this type of format so will be interesting to see how well/shit I do.

Pulitzer people was easily the most interesting topic to research. I quickly lost the will to live on MLB champions. My weakest category will probably be cabinet ministers, as I changed my picks around quite a bit due to my confusion on who's eligible or not, so I probably picked the 5 most basic bitches everyone else has also chosen.

If this were an episode of Pointless, the olympians and baseballers are probably my strongest chance of getting uniques. We'll see.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Just sent in my entry. First time entering a pool with this type of format so will be interesting to see how well/shit I do.

Pulitzer people was easily the most interesting topic to research. I quickly lost the will to live on MLB champions. My weakest category will probably be cabinet ministers, as I changed my picks around quite a bit due to my confusion on who's eligible or not, so I probably picked the 5 most basic bitches everyone else has also chosen.

If this were an episode of Pointless, the olympians and baseballers are probably my strongest chance of getting uniques. We'll see.

Entries coming in quite quickly now. One week left and there are some usual suspects who haven't entered yet

• Like 1

Deadline for entry is on Monday. There has been a good response so far but the following players from the third game have not yet submitted

Champion @Banana

@RoverAndOut

@The Old Crem

@Spade_Cooley

@Grim Up North

@YorkshireBanker

@An Fear Beag

@Dying Probably

Let me know if either way whether you expect to play.

The game will start from Tuesday and I will try and get the lists up asap. Depending on how many last minute entries I get

Anyone else is invited to join as well.

I will get a list sent across Saturday at some point, been absolutely flooded with work this week and researching the lung capacities of Pulitzer Prize winners isn't my idea of a relaxing evening.

• Haha 1

Definitely entering. Trying to find any hidden gems I've missed but if need be I could throw a team together in 5 minutes from what I've already got if push comes to shove.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Deadline for entry is on Monday. There has been a good response so far but the following players from the third game have not yet submitted

Champion @Banana

@RoverAndOut

@The Old Crem

@Spade_Cooley

@Grim Up North

@YorkshireBanker

@An Fear Beag

@Dying Probably

Let me know if either way whether you expect to play.

The game will start from Tuesday and I will try and get the lists up asap. Depending on how many last minute entries I get

Anyone else is invited to join as well.

sorry Biblio don’t think I’m going to make it.

cheers, GUN

30 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

cheers, GUN

Really?

I thought I'd play you in the next round.

I'm going to miss you a lot. :(

Why don't you think about it for a couple of days?

There's still time...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

cheers, GUN

No problem who knows when the next one will come around 

Thanks for letting me know

• Like 1

Everyone who has now entered (18 players) are all verified. Entries close on Monday but I am not going to be in a position to do much verification over the bank holiday weekend so if you are planning a late entry can you please include a sub just on case.  Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

the bank holiday weekend

Well, that's a shock.  I thought last weekend was the bank holiday weekend!   :o

• Haha 1

Team is now in.

• Thanks 1

I  will definitely be submitting a team, but I'm afraid it will be a last minute job. Apologies Biblio. 

• Like 1

Damn, I'll be busy at 10:00 a.m. local time tomorrow. Someone will steal my pick.

57 minutes ago, drol said:

Damn, I'll be busy at 10:00 a.m. local time tomorrow. Someone will steal my pick.

Is this posted in the right thread? :-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Fear Beag said:

I  will definitely be submitting a team, but I'm afraid it will be a last minute job. Apologies Biblio. 

No problem just bear with me on Tuesday to get the Lists up.

• Like 1

Team has just been sent in, Biblio. Enjoyed researching this but the possibilities in most categories are practically endless! Not expecting many uniques in all honesty but I suspect there are some names that will have to be on everybody's list who spotted them (and doubtless I've missed a severe cancer sufferer or someone who's had dementia for a decade but that's the way the cookie crumbles!).

Good luck, all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Team has just been sent in, Biblio. Enjoyed researching this but the possibilities in most categories are practically endless! Not expecting many uniques in all honesty but I suspect there are some names that will have to be on everybody's list who spotted them (and doubtless I've missed a severe cancer sufferer or someone who's had dementia for a decade but that's the way the cookie crumbles!).

Good luck, all.

Believe me, I understand you perfectly, son.

Good luck to you, too, @RoverAndOut.

• Like 3

On 24/05/2021 at 13:17, gcreptile said:

Star Trek: I should do well because it's one of my interests.

Hmmm... @gcreptile is a Trekkie. :lol:

I'm here...:blush:

642780.jpg.230411ff6d34a6eec0f10291804348ed.jpg

@gcreptile, are you here? :sherlock:

Maybe... I know you. :P

• Like 1

Oh, terrific. All my recent googling of old baseball players means I'm now getting updates via Google on my phone for the current MLB scores... :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MariNisia said:

Hmmm... @gcreptile is a Trekkie. :lol:

I'm here...:blush:

642780.jpg.230411ff6d34a6eec0f10291804348ed.jpg

@gcreptile, are you here? :sherlock:

Maybe... I know you. :P

Ha, no. I never went. But I've seen a lot. Still, some are worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Oh, terrific. All my recent googling of old baseball players means I'm now getting updates via Google on my phone for the current MLB scores... :facepalm:

Damned cookies! :angry:

• Like 1