Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool IV

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Lev Mailer is a hit for Cpt. Chorizo. 

Thought it was a hit for me, but that was the previous round...

Yes Lev Mailer is a second hit for @CaptainChorizo both in the Star Trek category but this one is a unique which means that the good Captain is only two hits from victory

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Yes Lev Mailer is a second hit for @CaptainChorizo both in the Star Trek category but this one is a unique which means that the good Captain is only two hits from victory

Does this mean I'm the "bad" Captain? LOL

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Does this mean I'm the "bad" Captain? LOL

Do you want to be????

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Do you want to be????

Well , I do kind of look like Evil Spock from the Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror"

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

Laurel Goodwin gives @arghton their first hit but as it is a unique they now only need two uniques to win

There are now three players who have yet to score

@MariNisia

@DeathByArsenic

@YorkshireBanker

Still 12 picks stand ready to end this game

• Like 2

@Bibliogryphon... According to The American Historical Association:
https://www.historians.org/publications-and-directories/perspectives-on-history/october-2021/irwin-unger-(1927–2021)
And Wikipedia:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Unger
Irwin Unger, who won the Pulitzer Prize for History in 1965, passed away on May 21, 2021, at age 94.

It's a hit here for three players.

But the Starting Date of this pool was 01 June 2021.

What they have to do now is find a substitute for Irwin Unger.

Right?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

https://www.historians.org/publications-and-directories/perspectives-on-history/october-2021/irwin-unger-(1927–2021)
And Wikipedia:
Irwin Unger, who won the Pulitzer Prize for History in 1965, passed away on May 21, 2021, at age 94.

Right?

Unsourced edit on Wiki a month after pool started, obit appeared 4 months later.

I believe the phrase for such incidents is "shit happens".

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MariNisia said:

And Wikipedia:

Right?

I am inclined to permit this as a hit for the following reasons:

1. The is no evidence that any of those that selected this pick were aware of the status

2. All the due diligence I did at the beginning of the game indicated that they were still alive

3. There was no challenge during the challenge period

4. This is not a unique pick

5. Two of the points recipients are currently in winning positions anyway but this does not immediately increase their winning combinations.

6. The other possible resolutions are potentially very messy or may disproportionately disadvantage one or more players.

I will not award the points until tomorrow on the off chance Norman Tebbit comes off his bike a saves me from making a call.

If you agree then like react this post if you disagree sad react this post.

Comments welcome

• Like 5

On 13/03/2022 at 11:30, Bibliogryphon said:

I am inclined to permit this as a hit for the following reasons:

1. The is no evidence that any of those that selected this pick were aware of the status

2. All the due diligence I did at the beginning of the game indicated that they were still alive

3. There was no challenge during the challenge period

4. This is not a unique pick

5. Two of the points recipients are currently in winning positions anyway but this does not immediately increase their winning combinations.

6. The other possible resolutions are potentially very messy or may disproportionately disadvantage one or more players.

I will not award the points until tomorrow on the off chance Norman Tebbit comes off his bike a saves me from making a call.

If you agree then like react this post if you disagree sad react this post.

Comments welcome

As there have been no dissenting voices points will be awarded.

@An Fear Beag gets a third hit spread across two categories and @BuffaloPhil & @msc both gain their third hit in this category being their seventh and sixth hits overall respectively which means that BP stays just that short step ahead by virtue of his unique and extra hit.

This should be a warning though on the obscure pick routes delayed obits can potentially be as fatal as no obits at all

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

As there have been no dissenting voices points will be awarded.

@arghton gets a third hit spread across two categories and @BuffaloPhil & @msc both gain their third hit in this category being their seventh and sixth hits overall respectively which means that BP stays just that short step ahead by virtue of his unique and extra hit.

This should be a warning though on the obscure pick routes delayed obits can potentially be as fatal as no obits at all

Irwin Unger should be a hit for me, not for arghton.

I've no idea why arghton liked your post - perhaps he thought he had picked Unger?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

I've no idea why arghton liked your post - perhaps he thought he had picked Unger?

I don't know what I was thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

Irwin Unger should be a hit for me, not for arghton.

Apologies 

On the Scoreboard you have been given the hit and the statement I made applies to your hit rate. I just picked the wrong tag.

My bad as they say.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Apologies 

On the Scoreboard you have been given the hit and the statement I made applies to your hit rate. I just picked the wrong tag.

My bad as they say.

No worries Biblio. On a side note, how do you tag other posters? Three years on here, and I still haven't figured it out - I'm not very computer literate I'm afraid :(

2 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

No worries Biblio. On a side note, how do you tag other posters? Three years on here, and I still haven't figured it out - I'm not very computer literate I'm afraid :(

If you type the @ symbol and the the poster's name a menu should appear. I used to have problems with it on my old phone but it has been better with my new one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ralph Terry a hit here for Chilean Way

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, time said:

Ralph Terry a hit here for Chilean Way

Indeed @chilean way gets a third hit overall each one in a separate category and a first unique which means if their next hit is a unique in Olympians or Cabinet Ministers then they will be potentially be one hit away from victory in two separate ways

Puts more pressure on the three players who are one hit from victory

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pulitzer Prize winner Richard Howard gets a NYT obituary and gives @MariNisia a first hit but it is a unique so now only two hits from victory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Estelle Harris is a hit for gc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Banana said:

Estelle Harris is a hit for gc

Well how stupid of me for not remembering Estelle Harris appeared in Star Trek

A unique pick for @gcreptile a third hit in a third category so is two hits away from winning in two different ways

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Will update for Nehemiah Persoff tomorrow.  Significant hit

Do I presume from the calm tone of this message you've escaped the dreaded 'double finish' with the Silver Screen Deadpool? When I saw Persoff had died, I did worry for you... :lol:

14 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Do I presume from the calm tone of this message you've escaped the dreaded 'double finish' with the Silver Screen Deadpool? When I saw Persoff had died, I did worry for you... :lol:

Yes the only outs are currently Olympians and Cabinet Ministers so we aren't there yet but there is still peril.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Yes the only outs are currently Olympians and Cabinet Ministers so we aren't there yet but there is still peril.

Well I have recently (like, 5 minutes ago) become aware that this has me with hits in 4 categories all of a sudden! But some of the Cabinet picks are exceedingly popular...rather you than me Biblio. :D

• Thanks 1