Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool IV

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Well I have recently (like, 5 minutes ago) become aware that this has me with hits in 4 categories all of a sudden! But some of the Cabinet picks are exceedingly popular...rather you than me Biblio. :D

Spoilers.

Why do you think I am making you wait till tomorrow!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Spoilers.

Why do you think I am making you wait till tomorrow!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Nehemiah Persoff is a hit for five players in the Star Trek Category

@GuyFromFuture gets a second hit but they are both in the same category

@An Fear Beag gets a fourth hit across three categories

@Death Impends gets a fifth hit again across three categories

@msc who is already one hit from victory gets a seventh hit across his four categories

However the big winner from this is former champion @RoverAndOut who gets a sixth hit but he completes four categories so he only needs a cabinet minister to win.

Only three of his cabinet ministers will win the game for him though as @BuffaloPhil is ahead on total number of hits but he steals Roy Hattersley from msc as he is in possession of a unique. msc is now down to needing Nigel Lawson to win

The complete list of winning hits is now

1.       Vasily Borisov (to)

2.       Irene Camber (to)

3.       Kenneth Clarke (ro)

4.       Norman Fowler (ro)

5.       Gordy Giovenelli (to)

6.       Roy Hattersley (ro)

7.       Douglas Hurd (bp/ro)

8.       Nigel Lawson (mc)

9.       James Mackay (bp)

10.   John Morris (bp)

11.   Koji Murofushi (to)

12.   Bob Richards (to)

13.   Bill Rodgers (bp)

14.   Norman Tebbit (bp/ro)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 07/04/2022 at 08:28, Bibliogryphon said:

Nehemiah Persoff is a hit for five players in the Star Trek Category

@GuyFromFuture gets a second hit but they are both in the same category

@An Fear Beag gets a fourth hit across three categories

@Death Impends gets a fifth hit again across three categories

@msc who is already one hit from victory gets a seventh hit across his four categories

However the big winner from this is former champion @RoverAndOut who gets a sixth hit but he completes four categories so he only needs a cabinet minister to win.

Only three of his cabinet ministers will win the game for him though as @BuffaloPhil is ahead on total number of hits but he steals Roy Hattersley from msc as he is in possession of a unique. msc is now down to needing Nigel Lawson to win

I'm sure I'm missing something but can I just query something? (Better now, than post-result).

I can win with Norman Fowler and Ken Clarke as the only other person to have them isn't in the running. I gain Roy Hattersley from msc because I have a unique and he doesn't, but I lose out to Buffalo Phil for Norman Tebbit and Douglas Hurd - but why? Buffalo Phil and I both have a single unique and 7 hits apiece (he has 2 Star Trek, 1 Baseball, 3 Pulitzer and 1 Olympian, I have 1 Star Trek, 2 Baseball, 3 Pulitzer and 1 Olympian). Does a Hurd or Tebbit death not result in a draw at the moment (unless either of us get another unique or additional hit in the interim)?

Tight as always!

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I'm sure I'm missing something but can I just query something? (Better now, than post-result).

I can win with Norman Fowler and Ken Clarke as the only other person to have them isn't in the running. I gain Roy Hattersley from msc because I have a unique and he doesn't, but I lose out to Buffalo Phil for Norman Tebbit and Douglas Hurd - but why? Buffalo Phil and I both have a single unique and 7 hits apiece (he has 2 Star Trek, 1 Baseball, 3 Pulitzer and 1 Olympian, I have 1 Star Trek, 2 Baseball, 3 Pulitzer and 1 Olympian). Does a Hurd or Tebbit death not result in a draw at the moment (unless either of us get another unique or additional hit in the interim)?

Tight as always!

Apologies you are absolutely right a Hurd or Tebbit death will result in a draw at the moment. When this occurred in Round 1 the two hits are assigned one to each player. 

As @BuffaloPhil was in a winning position first he can have the pick of Hurd or Tebbit you will get the other one and I will then update the out picks

Alternatively if you both agree you can go for the draw and you will get to pick three categories each and I will decide which five are selected for Game V or something may happen to split you up

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Apologies you are absolutely right a Hurd or Tebbit death will result in a draw at the moment. When this occurred in Round 1 the two hits are assigned one to each player. 

As @BuffaloPhil was in a winning position first he can have the pick of Hurd or Tebbit you will get the other one and I will then update the out picks

Alternatively if you both agree you can go for the draw and you will get to pick three categories each and I will decide which five are selected for Game V or something may happen to split you up

I vaguely recalled the split winning hits solution from Round 1, and also thought that as Phil was there first, he should get the choice. So if he is happy with this solution, then that works for me. He keeps pushing Tebbit, but if he'd rather bank on Hurd, I'm fine either ways - both as likely to go as each other I suspect!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

I vaguely recalled the split winning hits solution from Round 1, and also thought that as Phil was there first, he should get the choice. So if he is happy with this solution, then that works for me. He keeps pushing Tebbit, but if he'd rather bank on Hurd, I'm fine either ways - both as likely to go as each other I suspect!

Fine by me, and I can't give up on Big Norm now, so I'll keep him and you can have Hurd. Of course, I fully expect Dougie to draw his last breath as soon as I hit Submit Reply...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So taking this tie breaker into Account the routes to the end of the game are now

The complete list of winning hits is now

1.       Vasily Borisov (to)

2.       Irene Camber (to)

3.       Kenneth Clarke (ro)

4.       Norman Fowler (ro)

5.       Gordy Giovenelli (to)

6.       Roy Hattersley (ro)

7.       Douglas Hurd (ro)

8.       Nigel Lawson (mc)

9.       James Mackay (bp)

10.   John Morris (bp)

11.   Koji Murofushi (to)

12.   Bob Richards (to)

13.   Bill Rodgers (bp)

14.   Norman Tebbit (bp)

• Like 2

Toast with 5 aging Olympians, Buffalo Phil and me with 4 decrepit Cabinet Ministers and msc with Nigella's dad. It's all to play for!

• Haha 1

While I'm keen to notch up another win (and fancy my chances as much as any of the other contenders), it did amuse me to realise that if Agnes Keleti (Olympian), Charles Coste (Olympian), Joe Pignatano (Baseball) and David Frankham (Star Trek) all die in short order, that would bring another 7 players (Chilean Way, Death impends, GCReptile, Perhaps, Banana, Spade Cooley and An Fear Baeg) into play with hits in 4 categories, waiting for a Cabinet Minister. Good luck with the tie breaks then, Biblio! :lol:

Keleti alone would bring 3 more players to one away - and given she's 101, it's not that unfeasible! This game just keeps on delivering. Still, come in Secretary Hurd, your time is up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

While I'm keen to notch up another win (and fancy my chances as much as any of the other contenders), it did amuse me to realise that if Agnes Keleti (Olympian), Charles Coste (Olympian), Joe Pignatano (Baseball) and David Frankham (Star Trek) all die in short order, that would bring another 7 players (Chilean Way, Death impends, GCReptile, Perhaps, Banana, Spade Cooley and An Fear Baeg) into play with hits in 4 categories, waiting for a Cabinet Minister. Good luck with the tie breaks then, Biblio! :lol:

Keleti alone would bring 3 more players to one away - and given she's 101, it's not that unfeasible! This game just keeps on delivering. Still, come in Secretary Hurd, your time is up!

And of course you and Buffalo Phil need a non out hit to take control of those two shared outs so every hit is important. But there have been months in the past where there has been no action in this game.

Also there are 11 players on one unique and once they get a second it spreads the outs across the various categories.

If the rumours about Joel Grey's health are true that would be an interesting hit

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Also there are 11 players on one unique and once they get a second it spreads the outs across the various categories.

I count 13 with a unique, but 10 of those aren't currently in the mix to win. Of course, for each of those to come in to play, that requires an additional hit as they're all unique picks!

I was having a look at past games and we're fairly comparable:

Game 1: 24 hits across 17 months, with 5 waiting for 1 hit when it finished.

Game 2: 33 hits across 16 months, with 7 waiting for 1 hit when it finished.

Game 3: 19 hits across 8 months (and 1 week), 7 waiting for 1 hit when it finished.

Game 4 (currently): 27 hits across 10.5 months, 4 currently waiting for 1 hit.

Interestingly, although Game 3 was supercharged, the number of hits and those in the running was comparable to previous games. Further, the current game was pretty much on pace with Game 3 for number of hits (it was just over 8 months when we had our 19th hit in Game 4), but the difference is that hits were much more evenly spread (5 Pulitzer, 5 Olympians, 4 Baseball, 4 Star Trek, 1 Cabinet) than in Game 3 (10 Bond, 4 World Cup, 2 Space, 2 Nobel, 1 Eurovision).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

I count 13 with a unique, but 10 of those aren't currently in the mix to win. Of course, for each of those to come in to play, that requires an additional hit as they're all unique picks!

I was having a look at past games and we're fairly comparable:

Game 1: 24 hits across 17 months, with 5 waiting for 1 hit when it finished.

Game 2: 33 hits across 16 months, with 7 waiting for 1 hit when it finished.

Game 3: 19 hits across 8 months (and 1 week), 7 waiting for 1 hit when it finished.

Game 4 (currently): 27 hits across 10.5 months, 4 currently waiting for 1 hit.

Interestingly, although Game 3 was supercharged, the number of hits and those in the running was comparable to previous games. Further, the current game was pretty much on pace with Game 3 for number of hits (it was just over 8 months when we had our 19th hit in Game 4), but the difference is that hits were much more evenly spread (5 Pulitzer, 5 Olympians, 4 Baseball, 4 Star Trek, 1 Cabinet) than in Game 3 (10 Bond, 4 World Cup, 2 Space, 2 Nobel, 1 Eurovision).

I was counting the players who already had one unique hit and so a second would bring them into the completion phase.

Game 1 was won on unique hits

Game 2 on one in each category 

Game 3 all in one category

At the moment we are only in the position for winners to go out with one in each category

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I was counting the players who already had one unique hit and so a second would bring them into the completion phase.

So was I...? :unsure:

(There are 13 players with asterisks on the scoreboard on the first page...)

16 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

So was I...? :unsure:

(There are 13 players with asterisks on the scoreboard on the first page...)

I have a word document that I try to keep up to date but often I am updating on my phone and forget to transfer to my word document. This is why I miscounted  your totally tally

I was missing Spade Cooley and Captain Hemlock

• Like 1

No change in this year's competition, so sorry to get your hopes up, but...

If you want a good laugh from the last round, Sonny Caldinez's death is the 11th hit in the James Bond category that wreaked havoc on Round 3 of the Scavenger Hunt. It is also, ridiculously, the first scoring hit in that category since the death of Andre Maranne, which ended the competition nearly a year ago! 10 deaths in 8 months, then 11 months for the next one! :facepalm: (It doesn't put anyone over the top).

• Like 3

On 14/05/2022 at 22:35, Captain Hemlock said:

David West is a hit for three teams in World Series Champions

https://www.startribune.com/former-twins-lefthander-david-west-dead-from-cancer-at-57/600173314/

The scoreboard has been updated

@gcreptile gets a fourth hit overall a second in this category

@An Fear Beag gets a fifth hit overall a third in this category

@Banana gets a sixth hit overall and a third in this category

So none of the players move into a winning position but two are now two hits from victory in the single category method

• Like 3

@Bibliogryphon... Ismail Ogan, the wrestler who won a silver and a gold medal at the Olympics, died of multiple system organ failures three weeks ago.

It's a hit for @RoverAndOut:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/sports/turkiyes-olympic-champion-ismail-ogan-dies-at-89-/2574231

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

@Bibliogryphon... Ismail Ogan, the wrestler who won a silver and a gold medal at the Olympics, died of multiple system organ failures three weeks ago.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/sports/turkiyes-olympic-champion-ismail-ogan-dies-at-89-/2574231

Oh, and second unique hit for Rover, who probably is now statistically closest to victory, with so many hits and possibilities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MariNisia said:

Can @RoverAndOut become the first player to win twice one? Has his Eighth hit and second unique.

Will update the winning picks on Monday

• Like 4