Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool IV

19 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Come on Tebbit!

Without pre-empting Biblio's update, I fear I may have bad news for you on the Tebbit front... :unsure::lol:

Well this is unexpectedly exciting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Without pre-empting Biblio's update, I fear I may have bad news for you on the Tebbit front... :unsure::lol:

Well this is unexpectedly exciting!

Yes the Hurd/Tebbit trade-off only applied whilst you were tied 

Following his second unique hit @RoverAndOut must become the favourite to take the title now. As he has two ways of going out

1.       John Aniston (ro)

2.       Vasily Borisov (to)

3.       Irene Camber (to)

4.       Kenneth Clarke (ro)

5.       Norman Fowler (ro)

6.       Tom Gayford (ro)

7.       Gordy Giovenelli (to)

8.       Roy Hattersley (ro)

9.       Douglas Hurd (ro)

10.   Nigel Lawson (mc)

11.   James Mackay (bp)

12.   John Morris (bp)

13.   Koji Murofushi (to)

14.   Bob Richards (to)

15.   Bill Rodgers (bp)

16.   Norman Tebbit (ro)

17.   Anthony Zerbe (ro)

Of the seventeen possible hits to go out Rover now has 8 of them adding two Star Trek actors and another Olympian.

Interestingly adding the first and last alphabetically of the Star Trek picks

However any of the pennies could go over the cascade so anyone who is mentioned  above needs to be thinking about their Game V categories

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Following his second unique hit @RoverAndOut must become the favourite to take the title now. As he has two ways of going out

3.       Irene Camber (to)

4.       Kenneth Clarke (ro)

5.       Norman Fowler (ro)

6.       Tom Gayford (ro)

7.       Gordy Giovenelli (to)

8.       Roy Hattersley (ro)

9.       Douglas Hurd (bp)

10.   Nigel Lawson (mc)

11.   James Mackay (bp)

12.   John Morris (bp)

13.   Koji Murofushi (to)

14.   Bob Richards (to)

15.   Bill Rodgers (bp)

16.   Norman Tebbit (ro)

17.   Anthony Zerbe (ro)

Of the seventeen possible hits to go out Rover now has 8 of them adding two Star Trek actors and another Olympian.

Interestingly adding the first and last alphabetically of the Star Trek picks

However any of the pennies could go over the cascade so anyone who is mentioned  above needs to be thinking about their Game V categories

Personally, I do not feel that this has decisively tipped the balance in my favour, though obviously more outs is a positive. Nicking Tebbit from BuffaloPhil may yet be my biggest masterstroke.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Personally, I do not feel that this has decisively tipped the balance in my favour, though obviously more outs is a positive. Nicking Tebbit from BuffaloPhil may yet be my biggest masterstroke.

Oh, and whilst not wanting to seem greedy, shouldn't Douglas Hurd be in my outs too..? :lol:

(Edit: actually, I think you've counted him in my 8 but attached the wrong initials!)

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Oh, and whilst not wanting to seem greedy, shouldn't Douglas Hurd be in my outs too..? :lol:

(Edit: actually, I think you've counted him in my 8 but attached the wrong initials!)

I think I changed it in the masterlist but that was after I had copied the text

Will edit to amend

• Like 2

Well, I've still got three nonagenarian Lords who can happily pop their clogs before Tebbit please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my, that's put the cat among the pigeons.

• Facepalm 1

On 12/04/2022 at 00:00, RoverAndOut said:

While I'm keen to notch up another win (and fancy my chances as much as any of the other contenders), it did amuse me to realise that if Agnes Keleti (Olympian), Charles Coste (Olympian), Joe Pignatano (Baseball) and David Frankham (Star Trek) all die in short order, that would bring another 7 players (Chilean Way, Death impends, GCReptile, Perhaps, Banana, Spade Cooley and An Fear Baeg) into play with hits in 4 categories, waiting for a Cabinet Minister. Good luck with the tie breaks then, Biblio! :lol:

Keleti alone would bring 3 more players to one away - and given she's 101, it's not that unfeasible! This game just keeps on delivering. Still, come in Secretary Hurd, your time is up!

He was on my list of nightmare names. Good luck, Biblio! :lol:

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

He was on my list of nightmare names. Good luck, Biblio! :lol:

Just done some calculating and I don't think it's that horrific, bar bringing another player to 1 away. It makes no difference to @Toast, who's waiting for an Olympian, and I don't think @Perhaps has enough to take any picks from either me or @BuffaloPhil. They have 6 hits and no uniques. Phil has 7 hits and 1 unique, I have 8 hits and 2 uniques. So Hattersley stays with me, Morris and Rodgers stay with Phil and Perhaps can win if either John Nott or Peter Brooke peg it. Of course, if 1 of Perhaps' 2 uniques were to die next, then that would tie him up with Phil and we'd be back in tie breaker split mode!

This is great, it reminds me of Round 1, when the winning picks just kept mounting up!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Joe Pignatano is a hit for two teams in World Series Champions.

https://www.mlb.com/press-release/press-release-joe-pignatano-passes-away

Indeed Joe Pignatano is the sixth overall hit for both @Toast and @Perhaps

For Toast this is just another addition to their tally and does not bring any new ways to win but might be important in deciding later ties

For Perhaps this is a first hit in the Baseball category and therefore they are down to needing a British Cabinet Minister to win. Unfortunately these are heavily in demand and a lack of unique leaves Perhaps at a disadvantage as three of his 'outs' are taken by players whose claim trumps them but there are two new outs to add to the list. We are now up to 19

3.       Peter Brooke (ph)

4.       Irene Camber (to)

5.       Kenneth Clarke (ro)

6.       Norman Fowler (ro)

7.       Tom Gayford (ro)

8.       Gordy Giovenelli (to)

9.       Roy Hattersley (ro)

10.   Douglas Hurd (ro)

11.   Nigel Lawson (mc)

12.   James Mackay (bp)

13.   John Morris (bp)

14.   Koji Murofushi (to)

15.   John Nott (ph)

16.   Bob Richards (to)

17.   Bill Rodgers (bp)

18.   Norman Tebbit (ro)

19.   Anthony Zerbe (ro)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was almost a whole month gap in hits and then two rapid ones which change the finishing landscape

Even so this looks like being one of the shorter games

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 11:30, Bibliogryphon said:

I am inclined to permit this as a hit for the following reasons:

1. The is no evidence that any of those that selected this pick were aware of the status

2. All the due diligence I did at the beginning of the game indicated that they were still alive

3. There was no challenge during the challenge period

4. This is not a unique pick

5. Two of the points recipients are currently in winning positions anyway but this does not immediately increase their winning combinations.

6. The other possible resolutions are potentially very messy or may disproportionately disadvantage one or more players.

I will not award the points until tomorrow on the off chance Norman Tebbit comes off his bike a saves me from making a call.

If you agree then like react this post if you disagree sad react this post.

Comments welcome

Just seen (whilst desperately and unsuccessfully checking my other potential hits) that Unger hasn't been crossed off on the masterlist, although it does seem that the points have been awarded - so a minor housekeeping issue.

• Thanks 1

As this game gears up towards a conclusion, a big moment in the first Scavenger Hunt with the death of Tory peer Pamela Sharples. Her death is the 5th death in the Lords category for both Rad Guy and good old Deathray, meaning they have completed a whole category and have finally "won", just 4-and-a-half years after the round ended! It also means perennial underdog @time is now the only one of the 15 players in Round 1 to have not yet completed by one of the 3 methods of victory. He is awaiting any of his 5 Doctor Who picks (if you're interested: Tony Caunter, Julian Glover, Frazer Hines, Milton Johns and Jean Marsh) dropping to complete the set.

As for @Bibliogryphon's suggestion this current R4 is one of the shorter games: we've surpassed R3's little more than 8 months, and will reach a year should we get to the end of this month, but R1 took 18 months and R2 over 2 years! So yes, on for being the second shortest, but it all just adds to the unpredictability of the Scavenger Hunt!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

As this game gears up towards a conclusion, a big moment in the first Scavenger Hunt with the death of Tory peer Pamela Sharples. Her death is the 5th death in the Lords category for both Rad Guy and good old Deathray, meaning they have completed a whole category and have finally "won", just 4-and-a-half years after the round ended! It also means perennial underdog @time is now the only one of the 15 players in Round 1 to have not yet completed by one of the 3 methods of victory. He is awaiting any of his 5 Doctor Who picks (if you're interested: Tony Caunter, Julian Glover, Frazer Hines, Milton Johns and Jean Marsh) dropping to complete the set.

As for @Bibliogryphon's suggestion this current R4 is one of the shorter games: we've surpassed R3's little more than 8 months, and will reach a year should we get to the end of this month, but R1 took 18 months and R2 over 2 years! So yes, on for being the second shortest, but it all just adds to the unpredictability of the Scavenger Hunt!

Current ages 84, 87, 77, 84 & 87 respectively; it's almost as if being picked by me assures longevity, whatever health issues you may face!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, time said:

Current ages 84, 87, 77, 84 & 87 respectively; it's almost as if being picked by me assures longevity, whatever health issues you may face!

To be fair, I've got Jean Marsh on my team. The fact she's still going having ended her involvement in the Upstairs Downstairs revival due to ill health a decade ago is astonishing!

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 19:49, Perhaps said:

I managed to bag 2 uniques so without the third they're both useless. Annoyingly 2 of my subs (Gene Roberts for Pullitzer Prize winners and Isaac Berger for gold medalists) would have been unique.

Fall Out Of Chair GIFs | Tenor

Isaac Berger would have been a hit:

https://fitnessvolt.com/weightlifter-isaac-berger-died/

Falling Off The Couch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, arghton said:

Väinö Markkanen is dead:

https://www.is.fi/urheilu/art-2000008927946.html

A hit for me. 

A huge hit for you.

Only your second hit of the game but you have gone from one hit to a position where any one of eleven picks will win it for you to get the three uniques

The winning picks list now is up to 30 and looks like

2.       Tony Blair (ar)

3.       Vasily Borisov (to)

4.       Peter Brooke (ph)

5.       Irene Camber (to)

6.       Kenneth Clarke (ro)

7.       Donald L. Coburn (ar)

8.       James Darren (ar)

9.       Norman Fowler (ro)

10.   Tom Gayford (ro)

11.   Gordy Giovenelli (to)

12.   Roy Hattersley (ro)

13.   Douglas Hurd (ro)

14.   Tony Kubek (ar)

15.   Nigel Lawson (mc)

16.   James Mackay (bp)

17.   John Major (ar)

18.   Ken McMullen (ar)

19.   John Morris (bp)

20.   Koji Murofushi (to)

21.   Marsh Norman (ar)

22.   John Nott (ph)

23.   Bob Richards (to)

24.   Bob Robertson (ar)

25.   Andrew Robinson (ar)

26.   Bill Rodgers (bp)

27.   Carel Struycken (ar)

28.   Norman Tebbit (ro)

29.   George Young (ar)

30.   Anthony Zerbe (ro)

Will this game be finished before the PM is?

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

I did do a brief check and all @arghton's uniques that will give him victory appear to be still breathing 

• Like 2

Be aware that I am on holiday for the next week or so and if carnage is unleashed here I will sort it all out when I get back. We may even have a winner. I will be looking in occasionally but I will be away from all my spreadsheets and data

• Like 2

On 06/05/2021 at 03:58, Bibliogryphon said:

Summer Olympic Gold Medallists

1.       Arne Ahman                                                 cw, bp, mc

Dead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arne Ahmen provides an Eighth hit for @BuffaloPhil and @msc but more importantly a fourth hit in a fourth category for @chilean way who now only needs a cabinet minister to win. James Mckay is already taken but the other four will see a cw win. I will update the outs list when I return from holiday

• Like 2

The current list of potential outs is now as follows

2.       Tony Blair (ar)

3.       Vasily Borisov (to)

4.       Peter Brooke (ph)

5.       Gordon Brown (cw)

6.       Irene Camber (to)

7.       Kenneth Clarke (ro)

8.       Donald L. Coburn (ar)

9.       James Darren (ar)

10.   Charlie Falconer (cw)