Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

MMMDP 2021

1 minute ago, Banana said:

News of Matthews came out before Laun fwiw

Yeah,  but what matters is who actually died first. We have proper rules and everything...all efforts will be made to ascertain a winner on the basis of the actual time of death.

Matthews was probably first because bunnies are good at going fast

• Haha 1

If it's going to take an eternity to confirm who died first and let's face it, it might never be known, I'll happily let Bunny Matthews be victorious with no dispute. His death was confirmed before Mr. Nacho's so that should be enough to snatch the win unless any new info emerges.

For the record, I would have chosen the charity Obesity UK to receive the donation. It's what Nacho would have wanted.

Good morning, well I congratulations both of you for a first day hit, just like this game wants it.

Maybe we should modify the rules:

"When the time of death cannot be established, the publishing date of QO OR first one to be posted on forum, counts". 

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Good morning, well I congratulations both of you for a first day hit, just like this game wants it.

Maybe we should modify the rules:

"When the time of death cannot be established, the publishing date of QO OR first one to be posted on forum, counts". 

Well, yeah, but...

Time of death is way fairer because the relative levels of fame of any two deceased have a lot of impact on how quickly a death notification can be posted

Re these two, nothing more specific than "Tuesday" offering itself for either atm, and loads of evidence their deaths have been widely reported but all reports appear to have come from a single source (likely one main news agency). Nacho's various death stories read very much alike regardless of where they're showing up. 

A suggestion - if I can't sort this in a couple of days I'll donate to the obesity charity on behalf of both winners!

• Like 2

So, in addition to setting - so far as I can see - the record for the fastest dead pool from start to finish this year's MMMDP might have broken an apathy record too since one of the joint winners has yet to express any opinion about my suggested prize (bear in mind it was won 20 days ago). Today's the day the pool traditionally closes if no candidate has died so I've taken the liberty of ending the - ahem - event by following the request of the one winner who did express an opinion and donating to an obesity charity in memory of a  winning pick, Henry "Nacho" Laun. As always, respect to a dead pool winner who'd rather see a charity benefit than take delivery of tacky consumer goods, or summat. Who says we're sick, eh?

A big thank you

Your £10.45 donation will make a difference to Weight Concern and we know your support will mean a lot to them.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1