Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Martin Bashir

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Ok, let's give him a thread.   Leaves the beeb to concentrate on his health. 

 

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-14/martin-bashir-leaves-bbc-to-concentrate-on-health-after-catching-covid-19

Why? Did he look you in the eye dreamily, with a tear almost emerging and tell you he was the people's journalist and just wanted to be understood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a BBC cover-up with a generous pay-off - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57120603.

 

"However, Bashir had recently come under scrutiny after it emerged mocked-up bank statements had been produced in an attempt to secure the interview with the princess. The BBC has apologised for the use of the statements, but has insisted they played "no part in her decision to take part in the interview".

 

Bashir will not face a criminal investigation. But retired Supreme Court judge Lord Dyson has carried out an inquiry into the incident. A spokeswoman for Lord Dyson said he had concluded his investigation and that the report had been "passed to the BBC for publication in due course".

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-11-30/the-bbc-documents-which-show-bosses-tried-to-blame-princess-dianas-brother-earl-spencer-in-fake-documents-row

 

"BBC documents, released under Freedom of Information laws, reveal what conclusions senior BBC managers came to over Mr Bashir's conduct - five months after the Diana interview had been broadcast.

 

The BBC's then Head of News, Tony Hall, later Lord Hall, told a Board of Governors meeting on April 25, 1996, that it was Earl Spencer who had produced the bank statements and given them to Mr Bashir."

 

"Lord Hall, who went on to become the BBC's Director-General, wrote in his 1996 report: "Earl Spencer... showed him [Martin Bashir] some documents including this man's bank statement."

 

|He then wrote that Mr Bashir "made them into a graphic using the bank statement Spencer had given him."

 

"However, the Panorama graphic designer who produced the false bank statements told an ITV documentary earlier this month that Martin Bashir had asked him to urgently create them one evening."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Ok, let's give him a thread.   Leaves the beeb to concentrate on his health. 

 

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-14/martin-bashir-leaves-bbc-to-concentrate-on-health-after-catching-covid-19

 

Nothing trivial, I hope.

 

 

See above about that fucking interview. The whole handwringing about that fucking Diana (a person more annoying than the Markle talk!) interview from 1995. For 25 years no one gave a shit how they got her in that room, it was all "boo hoo poor Diana, Charlie's shagging about (lets ignore the mutual shagging about)" which only intensified post-1997 when she was dead. I remember the press digging into her in summer 1997 as a twit shacked up with Al-Fayed, and overnight she turned into The Peoples Princess (TM). Then, after dining out on that interview for quarter of a century, suddenly the same press are all "Oh wasn't it immoral how they did it?" Fuck off. Bunch of useless hypocrites, the lot of them. imo Diana "there were three in our marriage if you ignore mine" was one hell of a politician and PR mind, and still has them eating out of her hand over 20 years after she died because she couldn't be bothered to wear a fucking seatbelt. But they can fuck off with the pretend handwringing about false bank statements, the lot of them - the media - got what they wanted in 1995 out of it. Bit far too late now. imo, anyhow.

 

Anyhow, Martin Bashir has always struck me as a jumped up no talent gobshite promoted well beyond his means on TV, but other opinions are available...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, msc said:

 

Nothing trivial, I hope.

 

 

See above about that fucking interview. The whole handwringing about that fucking Diana (a person more annoying than the Markle talk!) interview from 1995. For 25 years no one gave a shit how they got her in that room, it was all "boo hoo poor Diana, Charlie's shagging about (lets ignore the mutual shagging about)" which only intensified post-1997 when she was dead. I remember the press digging into her in summer 1997 as a twit shacked up with Al-Fayed, and overnight she turned into The Peoples Princess (TM). Then, after dining out on that interview for quarter of a century, suddenly the same press are all "Oh wasn't it immoral how they did it?" Fuck off. Bunch of useless hypocrites, the lot of them. imo Diana "there were three in our marriage if you ignore mine" was one hell of a politician and PR mind, and still has them eating out of her hand over 20 years after she died because she couldn't be bothered to wear a fucking seatbelt. But they can fuck off with the pretend handwringing about false bank statements, the lot of them - the media - got what they wanted in 1995 out of it. Bit far too late now. imo, anyhow.

 

Anyhow, Martin Bashir has always struck me as a jumped up no talent gobshite promoted well beyond his means on TV, but other opinions are available...

 

She was absolutely gagging to do that interview so that she could smear poor old Charles a bit more.  A sly, manipulative and disingenuous attention seeker, and her legacy unfortunately continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 15/05/2021 at 07:13, Toast said:

 

 A sly, manipulative and disingenuous attention seeker, and her legacy unfortunately continues.

 

So that's where Harry gets it from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

So that's where Harry gets it from

 

Most certainly.  He's also hooked up with someone just like her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57135567

Reading between the lines, the BBC appear concerned for his welfare...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Exu said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57135567

Reading between the lines, the BBC appear concerned for his welfare...

 

 

Yeah, the Sunday Times was also suggesting that - suggestions of heart trouble and maybe him indicating Panorama broadcast tomorrow could be the end of him more than career wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use