msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

20 hours ago, Sean said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9312873/Danniella-Westbrook-brands-ex-Brian-Harvey-coke-freak-accuses-murderer.html Daniella Westbrook and Brian Harvey have had spat over the internet.Both looking like shit.Seems like Brian is having a breakdown and Daniella looks not exactly on the wagon.

Daniella Westbrook hasn't looked good for the past 20 years and that was when she claimed she was clean.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Daniella Westbrook hasn't looked good for the past 20 years and that was when she claimed she was clean.

Yeah she hasn`t looked good since that infamous incident with her nose she looks worse in these latest photos definitely a lot gaunter than when Dame Babs died last year.

Brian looks better but still an awful lot worse than your average 46 year old and unrecognizable from when he was in Im a celeb or when he ran himself over after eating too many baked potatoes.It is a shame he didn`t do an online singalong with Matt Lucas when he was getting famous people to sing the baked potato song with him.

Brian Harvey actually sounds rather more articulate and quicker-thinking than he did when he was younger, I remember hearing an interview where he was defending the taking of Ecstasy and burbling on about "if it's a safe pill, you can take it."

23 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

For the benefit of our younger viewers - you're looking at two pictures of the same woman and she's still only 47. 

39910088-9312873-Fury_Daniella_Westbrook39909844-9312873-image-m-94_161461297199

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

For the benefit of our younger viewers - you're looking at two pictures of the same woman and she's still only 47. 

39910088-9312873-Fury_Daniella_Westbrook39909844-9312873-image-m-94_161461297199

Yeah she was quite a looker back in the bottom pic.

That Ernie football player? Was mentioned on the news and isn't too well. I'm sure some of u know which one i mean

On 01/03/2021 at 21:22, Sean said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9312873/Danniella-Westbrook-brands-ex-Brian-Harvey-coke-freak-accuses-murderer.html Daniella Westbrook and Brian Harvey have had spat over the internet.Both looking like shit.Seems like Brian is having a breakdown and Daniella looks not exactly on the wagon.

"Seems" like Brian's having a breakdown? He's been a bit, umm, odd for a while - conspiracy stuff, all the stuff Danniella Westbrook is calling him out over. 

Robin Trower is 76 today.  Noted.

19 hours ago, Sir Charms said:

Robin Trower is 76 today.  Noted.

He's okay, though (because highly obitable) - I know his career took a back seat a while ago because his wife died.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

He's okay, though (because highly obitable) - I know his career took a back seat a while ago because his wife died.

True for today. But at 76, any rocker is an outlier.  Jeff Beck, anyone?  

Former Brazil player and manager Mario Zagallo. Turns 91 in August

First person to win the World Cup as a player  and then as a manager (1970). Also assistant manager when they won it in 1994 and then manager again when they were runners up in 1998 

8 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Former Brazil player and manager Mario Zagallo. Turns 91 in August

First person to win the World Cup as a player  and then as a manager (1970). Also assistant manager when they won it in 1994 and then manager again when they were runners up in 1998 

Looked old but pretty well in the recent Pele film. 

10 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Looked old but pretty well in the recent Pele film. 

Yeah I would say Pele is more likely to go before Zagallo, Pele doesn’t look in great shape to me think he will be brown bread within the next 2 or 3 years

I do this every year (for the past eight years)

Listed below are 20 old people who have not made an appearance in the DDP in the past eight years. The age group is narrow 78-82 so might be more use of where will we be in five years time but some might be useful for theme teams. 

When cross referencing the entire DDP rosta against my reserve list of 1100 names there is always the possibility of errors creeping in especially where people are listed in strange ways (normally by title)

1.       Robert Swindells             Writer (b.1939)

2.       Tony Hatch                       Composer (b.1939)

3.       John Gummer                  Politician (b.1939)

4.       Margaret Drabble           Writer (b.1939)

5.       Jack Cunningham            Politician (b.1939)

6.       Peter S. Beagle                Writer (b.1939)

7.       David Hope                      Archbishop (b.1940)

8.       Clive Doig                         TV Producer (b.1940)

9.       Pauline Collins                 Actress (b.1940)

10.   Esther Ofarim                  Singer (b.1941)

11.   Sue McGregor                 Journalist (b.1941)

12.   Eden Kane                        Singer (b.1941)

13.   Lynley Dodd                     Writer (b.1941)

14.   Stephen Yardley              Actor (b.1942)

15.   Wilf Lunn                          Presenter (b.1942)

16.   Calvin Klein                       Designer (b.1942)

17.   Judith Hann                      Presenter (b.1942)

18.   Peter Greenaway            Director (b.1942)

19.   Frank Field                        Politician (b.1942)

20.   John Challis                      Actor (b.1942)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Listed below are 20 old people who have not made an appearance in the DDP in the past eight years. The age group is narrow 78-82 so might be more use of where will we be in five years time but some might be useful for theme teams. 

When cross referencing the entire DDP rosta against my reserve list of 1100 names there is always the possibility of errors creeping in especially where people are listed in strange ways (normally by title)

1.       Robert Swindells             Writer (b.1939)

2.       Tony Hatch                       Composer (b.1939)

3.       John Gummer                  Politician (b.1939)

4.       Margaret Drabble           Writer (b.1939)

5.       Jack Cunningham            Politician (b.1939)

6.       Peter S. Beagle                Writer (b.1939)

7.       David Hope                      Archbishop (b.1940)

8.       Clive Doig                         TV Producer (b.1940)

9.       Pauline Collins                 Actress (b.1940)

10.   Esther Ofarim                  Singer (b.1941)

11.   Sue McGregor                 Journalist (b.1941)

12.   Eden Kane                        Singer (b.1941)

13.   Lynley Dodd                     Writer (b.1941)

14.   Stephen Yardley              Actor (b.1942)

15.   Wilf Lunn                          Presenter (b.1942)

16.   Calvin Klein                       Designer (b.1942)

17.   Judith Hann                      Presenter (b.1942)

18.   Peter Greenaway            Director (b.1942)

20.   John Challis                      Actor (b.1942)

Co-incidentally was just Googling Ian - Mott the Hoople - Hunter (b. 3 June 1939) definitely in that age territory and not selected for DDP action this year; dunno if he was listed in the past

He hasn't blogged on his own site since the summer of 2018

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Co-incidentally was just Googling Ian - Mott the Hoople - Hunter (b. 3 June 1939) definitely in that age territory and not selected for DDP action this year; dunno if he was listed in the past

He hasn't blogged on his own site since the summer of 2018

Coincidentally, I was watching this 'tube vid from a couple of years ago (29 March 2019), featuring Hunter with Rod Argent, Colin Blunstone, Susannah Hoffs & Brian May performing with Def Leppard (their induction to the Rock & Roll Hof). Looking at that  you'd say he's got years left in him, but as you trightly say he's now in that age bracket where things can go wrong pretty rapidly.

5 minutes ago, time said:

Coincidentally, I was watching this 'tube vid from a couple of years ago (29 March 2019), featuring Hunter with Rod Argent, Colin Blunstone, Susannah Hoffs & Brian May performing with Def Leppard (their induction to the Rock & Roll Hof). Looking at that  you'd say he's got years left in him, but as you trightly say he's now in that age bracket where things can go wrong pretty rapidly.

So, I've seen Hunter and Blundstone up close at Ramblin' Man over the last few years

Hunter (79 at that point) looked in amazing shape considering

Blundstone might have done himself a favour to ditch the hair dye - as The Zombies took to the prog stage in bright afternoon sun there was brief speculation amongst the randoms in the crowd as to what gender Blundstone was!

Larry Storch, US actor and comedian. OK, not a marquee name but as soon as you see him, it's 'oh yeah him'. Made his name back in the sixties in 'F Troop' and numerous television appearances, 'Columbo' , 'The Persuaders'. Recently updated his Facebook page with a pic of him getting his second jab for Covid-19, so he's still cracking on at 98 years old...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Morticus said:

Larry Storch, US actor and comedian. OK, not a marquee name but as soon as you see him, it's 'oh yeah him'. Made his name back in the sixties in 'F Troop' and numerous television appearances, 'Columbo' , 'The Persuaders'. Recently updated his Facebook page with a pic of him getting his second jab for Covid-19, so he's still cracking on at 98 years old...

Oh yeah, him:

23069d1b911093b0898373c150243169.jpg

On 12/03/2021 at 03:32, Bibliogryphon said:

I know of a Frank Field (born 1923) who is a US TV weatherman. He was on my radar but I doubt he gets a UK obit, so I've never played him here.

Kenneth Kaunda. DL has gotten hits from a lot of old African 60s/70s/80s despots and presidents (Hastings Banda and Mobutu Sese Seko in 1997, Idi Amin in 2003, PW Botha in 2006, Ian Smith in 2007, Robert Mugabe in 2019, Daniel arap Moi and Hosni Mubarak in 2020) so Kaunda, who doesn't look that healthy, could be a new addition to the collection.

Maybe F.W. de Klerk/Sam Nujoma/Paul Biya/Teodoro Mbasogo/Denis Sassou Nguesso/Jose Eduardo dos Santos/Ali Hassan Mwinyi if any of these get any health issues

• Like 1

Based on how she looks at the moment - Nikki Graham from BBUK.

And if things keep going on the way they do - then add Eugenia Cooney. She is a Youtuber who is anorexic but "ignores the haters". She has a toxic family and her mother encourages her behaviour. She had a forced admission to a facility January last year (not done by her parents btw) and things looked good but she has fallen back to her old behaviours including body checking and dressing like an anime character.

Don't look if you are triggered by eating disorders or are in recovery yourself.

16 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Based on how she looks at the moment - Nikki Graham from BBUK.

And if things keep going on the way they do - then add Eugenia Cooney. She is a Youtuber who is anorexic but "ignores the haters". She has a toxic family and her mother encourages her behaviour. She had a forced admission to a facility January last year (not done by her parents btw) and things looked good but she has fallen back to her old behaviours including body checking and dressing like an anime character.

Don't look if you are triggered by eating disorders or are in recovery yourself.

If I see April in the DL Cup Eugenia might just make the squad - though - tbh - it'd be better all round if someone called the US equivalent of social services on her family

Idk what you guys see in Eugenia Cooney. She’s been like this for at least a decade and we’ll probably know beforehand if it gets any worse. 

• Like 1

Eugenia Cooney livestreams for hours, multiple days a week on Twitch so I don’t think it’s necessary to have constant updates on her unless her social media presence goes quiet. Just go on Twitch and 9 out of 10 times you’ll have live footage of her.