Sign in to follow this  
YoungWillz

The Deathlist Poker Tournament 2021

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Paul Mitchell's QO comes in via Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-9898957/Ex-Michigan-congressman-quit-GOP-Trump-claim-dies.html

An Fear Beag had him as a sub and draws 6 Spades for 6 Points added.

Leaderboard updated and will be brought forward on next expiry.

• Like 1

Dead So Far:

Anne Stallybrass - 3 July - Obit

Rick Laird - 4 July - Obit

Stan Swamy - 5 July - Obit

Gillian Sheen Donaldson - 5 July - Obit

Axel Kahn - 6 July

Dilip Kumar - 7 July - Obit

Carlos Reutemann - 7 July - Obit

Jehan Sadat - 9 July - Obit

Ernie Moss - 11 July - Obit

Renee Simonot - 11 July - Obit

Mick Bates - 12 July - Obit

Edwin Edwards - 12 July - Obit

Paul Orndorff - 12 July - Obit

Gary Corbett - 14 July - Obit

Mary Ward - 19 July - Obit

Brian Henderson - 5 August - Obit

Gertrude Annie Kingston - ? August 2021

Jaan Kaplinski - 8 August

Patricia Hitchcock - 9 August - Obit

Gerd Muller - 15 August - Obit

Paul Mitchell III - 15 August - Obit

Sir Michael Cullen - 19 August - Obit

Sandra Richardson - 25 August - Obit

Michael Constantine - 31 August - Obit

Mikis Theodorakis - 2 September - Obit

Sarah Harding - 5 September - Obit

Carl Bean - 7 September - Obit

Amy Winifred Hawkins - 8 September - Obit

Terry Lubbock - 15 September - Obit

Jane Powell - 16 September - Obit

Abdelaziz Bouteflika - 17 September - Obit

Jimmy Greaves - 19 September - Obit

Captain Chorizo: 731 Points (Kumar; Reutemann; Laird; Orndorff; Cullen; Harding; Lubbock) (Sub: Henderson [3 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [7]; Aug [J])

Cards Played: Jack of DiamondsNine of HeartsSeven of SpadesEight of SpadesQueen of SpadesNine of DiamondsSix of Spades

gcreptile: 706 Points (Swamy, Laird; Bates; Richardson; Bean; Lubbock) (Sub: Kumar [5 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [7]; Aug [4])

Cards Played: Ace of Clubs Jack of DiamondsSix of HeartsQueen of ClubsQueen of HeartsJack of Clubs

Perhaps: 675 Points (Kumar; Reutemann; Sadat; Orndorff; Harding; Lubbock) (Sub: Swamy [4 Hearts]) (MD: Jul [4]; Aug [2])

Cards Played: Ten of ClubsTen of SpadesThree of SpadesAce of SpadesBlack JokerQueen of Diamonds

An Fear Beag: 570 Points (Kumar; Muller; Cullen; Harding; Greaves) (Sub: P. Mitchell [6 Spades]) (MD: Jul [2]; Aug [Q])

Cards Played: Black JokerQueen of HeartsSeven of SpadesKing of ClubsSix of Clubs

Banana: 540 Points (Kumar: Laird; Corbett; Harding; Lubbock) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [A])

Cards Played: Eight of ClubsQueen of ClubsSeven of ClubsAce of ClubsQueen of Hearts

msc: 533 Points (Laird; Bates; Theodorakis; Harding; Lubbock) (Sub: Orndorff [10 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [Q])

Cards Played: Two of SpadesThree of DiamondsNine of HeartsTen of SpadesFive of Diamonds

Baby Blue: 530 Points (Reutemann; Edwards; Corbett; Harding; Constantine) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [J])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsFive of ClubsThree of DiamondsNine of DiamondsSeven of Diamonds

Salmon Mousse: 516 Points (Reutemann; Orndorff; Henderson; Muller; Harding) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [4])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsKing of SpadesSeven of DiamondsNine of HeartsTwo of Hearts 

JoeMoneypenny: 463 Points (Sheen; Reutemann; Muller; Bouteflika) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [3])

Cards Played: Four of Hearts Black JokerAce of SpadesSix of Spades

Joey Russ: 417 Points (Laird; Harding; Bean; Lubbock) (Sub: Cullen [2 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [2]; Aug [8])

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsAce of SpadesTwo of DiamondsFour of Diamonds

theoldlady: 412 Points (Muller; Cullen; Harding; Bouteflika) (MD: Jul [3]; Aug [9])

Cards Played: Ten of DiamondsNine of SpadesThree of ClubsFive of Hearts

Caleb H: 353 Points (Simonot; Ward; Harding) (Sub: Hitchcock [K Clubs]) (MD: Jul [6]; Aug [A])

Cards Played: Ace of HeartsKing of SpadesAce of Spades

Death Impends: 324 Points (Kumar; Cullen; Harding) (MD: Jul [A]; Aug [5])

Cards Played: Four of SpadesThree of ClubsAce of Spades

Grim Up North: 319 Points (Cullen; Harding; Lubbock) (Sub: Moss [4 Hearts]) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [6])

Cards Played: Nine of ClubsSix of DiamondsJack of Clubs

Yorkshire Banker: 224 Points (Ward; Harding) (MD: Jul [A]; Aug [10])

Cards Played: Two of HeartsEight of Diamonds

DeathByArsenic: 221 Points (Harding; Bouteflika) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [Q])

Cards Played: Five of DiamondsThree of Clubs

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 218 Points (Hawkins; Greaves) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [K])

Cards Played: Four of ClubsThree of Clubs

Bibliogryphon: 127 Points (Greaves) (Sub: Stallybrass [3 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [K])

Cards Played: Two of Clubs

GuyFromFuture: 125 Points (Powell) (MD: Jul [K]; Aug [Q])

Cards Played: Three of Hearts

Toast: 123 Points (Lubbock) (Sub: Greaves [3 Hearts]) (MD: Jul [K]; Aug [7])

Cards Played: Seven of Hearts

Sean: 115 Points (Cullen) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [3])

Cards Played: King of Clubs

YoungWillz: 115 Points (Greaves) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [10])

Cards Played: Jack of Clubs

Torva Messor: 111 Points (Simonot) (MD: Jul [3]; Aug [8])

Cards Played: Three of Hearts

Gooseberry Crumble: 21 Points (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [9])

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Once he had the lung cancer, there was no Labour Saving Sir Michael Cullen, a giant of New Zealand politics (they say, I have no idea, possibly the John Prescott or Denis Healey of that country?).

Hits for theoldlady, Sean, Death Impends, Grim Up North, An Fear Beag and Captain Chorizo. Perhaps' tenuous reign at the top ends as the Captain Chorizo shoves his way to a familiar place in the lead.

No bonuses.

Cullen was also a sub for Joey Russ who draws 2 Diamonds for 2 points added. Despite this paltry points award, Joey moves up a spot.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Once he had the lung cancer, there was no Labour Saving Sir Michael Cullen, a giant of New Zealand politics (they say, I have no idea, possibly the John Prescott or Denis Healey of that country?).

Hmm, a Labour Deputy PM in the early 00s for 6 years who was quite left wing and had a habit of making comment on things the government weren't keen on, I think that Prescott comparison is probably more accurate than expected!

Alas, nowt for "Sir Michael Cullen punches gobshite protester"...

• Like 1

Well, everyone playing a slow hand in August, Eric Clapton would be proud.

Here we are, end of the month and that means the Card Roulette draw is due. Getting it out the way early:

Ten of Spades Queen of Hearts Ten of Clubs King of Clubs Queen of Diamonds Nine of Spades Ace of Spades Three of Diamonds King of Hearts Nine of Clubs Three of Spades Four of Hearts Queen of Spades Jack of Hearts Five of Clubs Eight of Clubs Eight of Hearts Four of Clubs Seven of Clubs Two of Hearts Six of Hearts Queen of Clubs Ace of Diamonds Jack of Diamonds
28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards28 Remaining Cards

Timestamp: 2021-08-30 23:31:07 UTC

Leaderboard updated, I'm now out on my own holding up the rest of you.

You can thank me for the support later! :P

Jeez... Sandra Richardson obit in this Independent "Happy 50" list:

https://www.independent.co.uk/happylist/happy-list-2021-inspirational-individuals-b1899386.html

That article was published yesterday already, mentioned Richardson for her civic engagement, didn't know that she was already dead! Now an updated version has added the death.

(For some reason, watching the mobile version gets behind the soft paywall)

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Jeez... Sandra Richardson obit in this Independent "Happy 50" list:

https://www.independent.co.uk/happylist/happy-list-2021-inspirational-individuals-b1899386.html

That article was published yesterday already, mentioned Richardson for her civic engagement, didn't know that she was already dead! Now an updated version has added the death.

(For some reason, watching the mobile version gets behind the soft paywall)

Well, I'll be blowed (if I'm lucky , meet me round the back of the staff rooms)! Give me a moment to do the necessary (you lucky lucky player)!

• Like 1

Sweet poetry for non-Wiki choice Sandra Richardson, published Liverpudlian author, as she hits a "by the way she's dead" QO for gcreptile.

gcreptile now moves up to third place. But for how long, with the dam about to burst? 

No bonuses, leaderboard updated.

Com-poser and Com-munist Mikis Theodorakis is com-post.

While Anthony Quinn welcomes the guy who forced him to dance to the hereafter, msc welcomes another card played with a unique hit. Moves up a few places.

Many hits for pop popular pick Sarah Harding. Too many to mention individually, you know who you are.

Bonuses:

CalebH hits the A Spades (the Ace of Spades) - 5 Additional Points; also makes a Pair of Aces - 10 Additional Points - Total: 15 Additional Points.

Death Impends hits the A Spades (the Ace of Spades) - 5 Additional Points.

Joey Russ hits the A Spades (the Ace of Spades) - 5 Additional Points.

Perhaps plays a Black Joker - 50 Additional Points.

Banana hits the A Clubs - 5 Additional Points.

Captain Chorizo makes a Pair of 9s - 10 Additional Points.

I think this is the first time three players have a hit with the same person with the same card - gotta be some kind of miracle given the randomness of the allocation.

Leaderboard updated.

Carl Bean has bean and gone: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/sep/08/carl-bean-singer-i-was-born-this-way-dies-aged-77

A hit for gcreptile and Joey Russ, he might have been born this way, but died that way.

Bonus: gcreptile makes a pair of Queens - 10 Additional Points.

Having missed out on Sarah Harding, gcreptile bounces back up the leaderboard to a podium place.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

Thank the Lord that Carl Bean and Sandra Richardson are such a pair of Queens.

• Haha 1

Michael Constantine has taken the Voyage Of The Damned to a Big Fat Greek Funeral.

A unique for Baby Blue, who moves up into fourth.

First and unique hit for Great Uncle Bulgaria, as Amy Winifred Hawkins has Welshed on her contract with life.

• Thanks 1

There comes a time during an entry period when a name starts cropping up on the lists of entries. Terry Lubbock, a well  known campaigner for justice (as he saw it) was just this name. How ironic that Terry ends up in a pool as well.

Hits for gcreptile, msc, Joey Russ, Toast (extricating herself from those without a formal hit), Perhaps, Grim Up North, Banana and Captain Chorizo.

Bonuses:

gcreptile plays a Black Joker - 50 Additional Points.

Perhaps Banana makes a pair of Queens - 10 Additional Points.

Leaderboard updated.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I’ve only played one queen if I’m not mistaken?

You are right, it's Banana. 

I'll fix the post, the scores are correct though.

• Like 1

Alright, so I have a joker....

I can choose it to be any card I want to, except for those I have already drawn?

Then I want to keep my chances for a Royal Flush alive, snatch another pair, and my first two pairs, and choose the Jack of Clubs.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Alright, so I have a joker....

I can choose it to be any card I want to, except for those I have already drawn?

Then I want to keep my chances for a Royal Flush alive, snatch another pair, and my first two pairs, and choose the Jack of Clubs.

Could be a shrewd move. An early conversion!

gcreptile converts his Joker. Makes a pair of Js - 10 Additional Points; also two pair of Qs and Js - 15 Additional Points - Total - 25 Points. (Edited because I'm having a bad day!).

Closes the gap on the Captain, still not quite enough to take the lead.

Guy From Future can Hit The Deck, as his Bride, Jane Powell has died.

A unique hit, no bonuses. Leaves three of us with no formal hit - acht, it's only a game so, put up a real good fight...

Leaderboard updated.

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Guy From Future can go On The Town, as his Bride, Jane Powell has died.

A unique hit, no bonuses. Leaves three of us with no formal hit - acht, it's only a game so, put up a real good fight...

Leaderboard updated.

Cap'n Chorizo's gonna be snookering you tonight? 

Huh, is that a hint for 2022? You're looking at John Virgo? :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Cap'n Chorizo's gonna be snookering you tonight? 

Huh, is that a hint for 2022? You're looking at John Virgo? :lol:

Jim Davidson, more like. :P

I'm actually quite depressed all of a sudden. Normally I get a hit around my birthday or even on it, but it's looking likely my teams will see the year out. Hopefully I do too! ;)

Time to get down and shake your Bouteflika, as the former leader of Algeria is quietly removed from life.

A hit for Death By Arsenic, theoldlady and Joe Moneypenny, but the golden trio achieve no bonuses at this stage of the game.

Leaderboard updated.

Jimmy Greaves has died, many players passing on him, but a few bursting the back of the net.

A hit for YoungWillz (yay, my round about birthday hit), Bibliogryphon, Great Uncle Bulgaria and An Fear Beag.

Of note, every player scoring scored with a Club! Leaves Gooseberry Crumble cooling on the window ledge of no formal hit so far.

• Thanks 1