Spade_Cooley

Mark Hoppus

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Blink-182 rocker apparently feelin' this - this being some form of cancer.

I always think of Blink-182 as being really young still, but it's quite sobering to read that Hoppus is 50 next year.

Depending on how he looks by end of the year. Certainly someone who could be a maybe for 2022 deathlist.

I always thought they sung pretty fly for a white guy, but I seem to be mistaken

• Facepalm 1

On 11/07/2021 at 17:14, gcreptile said:

He'll soon know if it kills him or not:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/11/mark-hoppus-to-find-out-life-expectancy-amid-cancer-fight-14906862/

He might need a bone marrow transplant. Does he have bone cancer? I think maybe it's lymphoma.

Test results are there. He says "It's the same cancer that my mum had", so uterine cancer, I guess.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2021-07-14-mark-hoppus-reveals-he-has-the-same-type-of-cancer-his-mom-had-and-beat/

Nah, it's actually lymphoma as I guessed above. Stage IV-A

Seriously who the fuck is this person?  I mean without looking it up.

Did he write Hoppus On Poppus?  I am enjoying the irony of the person who started a thread asking what a person should do to have earned a thread—who then creates this thread.  

917E2100-751A-4D2E-8BE1-2FAB203BC36E.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Seriously who the fuck is this person?  I mean without looking it up.

I guess you're too old for knowing blink-182 who are a massive band since the 90s. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

I guess you're too old for knowing blink-182 who are a massive band since the 90s. 

Say it ain't so!

:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genfærd said:

What’s his age again?

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2021 at 10:33, mollyafox said:

Wow very sad that it's Stage IV cancer. 

Yeah, but it may not necessarily be a death sentence - at least going by the 57% 5-year survival rate (though that's not necessarily a cure) for diffuse B-cell lymphoma at a 'distant' (presumably meaning stage 4) stage here https://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkin-lymphoma/detection-diagnosis-staging/factors-prognosis.html

My mother had non-Hodgkins lymphoma.  She lasted about five months after diagnosis.  She was 15 years older than him, though.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:01 PM, natquen said:

Yeah, but it may not necessarily be a death sentence - at least going by the 57% 5-year survival rate (though that's not necessarily a cure) for diffuse B-cell lymphoma at a 'distant' (presumably meaning stage 4) stage here https://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkin-lymphoma/detection-diagnosis-staging/factors-prognosis.html

Staging is not that important for lymphoma (unlike solid tumours), other factors such as age can be more important. The 10 year survival rate of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) for a person under 50 is about 80%. 

DLBCL.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 10:33 AM, mollyafox said:

Wow very sad that it's Stage IV cancer. 

Lymphoma is typically diagnosed at an advanced stage but it's known to be a curable/treatable form of cancer. People's perception of cancer is usually based on the knowledge of solid tumour carcinoma. Lymphoma is a blood cancer and the different types are key. The type he has is the most common one, it's aggressive but quite curable. Indolent lymphoma is more survivable with a 90% 5-year survival rate at stage 4, but it's generally considered incurable w/o allo-HSCT (the type of transplant most often used in high-risk blood cancers such as adult acute leukaemia) .

I’ve never efer heard of him or his band. Does he deserve his own thread ?

Well for anyone who knows about Blink182. They were massive in the early 00's. It's even a band I liked and i'm someone who listened to S Club 7 and that wasn't my genre at the time. This song below has over 200 million views on Youtube.

6 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Well for anyone who knows about Blink182. They were massive in the early 00's. It's even a band I liked and i'm someone who listened to S Club 7 and that wasn't my genre at the time. This song below has over 200 million views on Youtube.

That bloody song, which I still know most of by heart, was so big, only Geri Halliwell managed to stop it reaching number one in the UK charts! Not one hit wonders either as they had a bunch of big chart hits, and a few top twenty ones, but never got that close to the top spot again.

Annoyingly catchy.

I assume all Blink-182 fans are familiar with this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4