Lewd_Squirrel

Christopher Walken

Since he's famous enough, I figured why not give him his own thread.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1

Is he...ill?

13 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Since he's famous enough, I figured why not give him his own thread.

Enjoying the football?

Looking up Walken on wikipedia led me down the rabbit hole of the death of Natalie Wood. 

Conclusion: Walken kept his mouth shut on the murder, Wagner killed Wood.

I do believe in innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, thus Wagner shouldn't be prosecuted even if Wood didn't drown on her own accord, Wagner had "fresh bruising" and the boat captain changed his story to make Wagner sound guilty thirty years after the case. At this point only a confession from Wagner would be sufficient. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Key said:

Walken kept his mouth shut on the murder, Wagner killed Wood.

I do believe in innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, thus Wagner shouldn't be prosecuted even if Wood didn't drown on her own accord, Wagner had "fresh bruising" and the boat captain changed his story to make Wagner sound guilty thirty years after the case. At this point only a confession from Wagner would be sufficient. 

@John Key... It's unlikely that the real truth will ever be known.

Natalie's death continues to make news forty years after her shocking final.

Isn't it a mysterious story?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John Key said:

Looking up Walken on wikipedia led me down the rabbit hole of the death of Natalie Wood. 

Conclusion: Walken kept his mouth shut on the murder, Wagner killed Wood.

You're not making sense.  Yes, people are presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law, but that doesn't mean they can't be prosecuted! 

Am I alone in my belief that Natalie Wood probably wasn't murdered? I assumed from the evidence that Wood and Wagner probably had a big domestic (wouldn't have been their first) and both stomped off in a huff, but because booze was involved, Wood managed to fall off the boat. Hence Wagner's "guilt" is more about having the fight which led to her death, not through murdering her. And Walken doesn't say more because he doesn't know it, through dozing off or being blind drink or whatever.

Seems more likely to me than the perfect murder script...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Am I alone in my belief that Natalie Wood probably wasn't murdered? I assumed from the evidence that Wood and Wagner probably had a big domestic (wouldn't have been their first) and both stomped off in a huff, but because booze was involved, Wood managed to fall off the boat. Hence Wagner's "guilt" is more about having the fight which led to her death, not through murdering her. And Walken doesn't say more because he doesn't know it, through dozing off or being blind drink or whatever.

Seems more likely to me than the perfect murder script...

You are not alone in your belief! 

• Like 3

Well he is 78 years, and his parents lived to 97 and 102. So he could probably still live another 20-25 years still actually

• Like 3

The 'Sicilian' scene from True Romance, between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper, is some of the finest acting I've seen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Well he is 78 years, and his parents lived to 97 and 102. So he could probably still live another 20-25 years still actually

Some are just eager to create threads for the sake of it. Nothing is indicating that Walken will die anytime soon, so it blatantly just for the sake of being the username on the thread once he passes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

His best movie was the James Bond one

"A view to a kill" was pretty good, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

The cast did a good job in the film... with a great and spectacular Grace Jones.

But the plot could've been better.

Christopher Walken was the first Oscar winning actor to play a main villain in a Bond film.

In my opinion... his best film is "The deer hunter".

An extraordinary film with a truly awesome sequence... the three prisoners forced to play Russian roulette while their captors gamble on who will... or will not... the survivor... really impressive.

Great film with stellar performances, Christopher Walken and Meryl Streep coming off best.

And Walken won his Oscar for this role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MariNisia said:

Great film with stellar performances, Christopher Walken and Meryl Streep coming off best.

Everybody was great in The Deer Hunter.

I liked him in The Dead Zone - his type of role - he is very believable as a 'normal' person who becomes slightly unhinged.

• Like 2

If we're doing it, my favourite Walken role is as the drill sergeant in Biloxi Blues, though he was also pretty good in a film with Sean Penn, the title of which I don't recall - I think they played brothers.

I've looked it up, it was "At Close Range" (1986), they play father & son, not brothers.

Edited by time
Research!

20 minutes ago, time said:

I've looked it up, it was "At Close Range" (1986), they play father & son, not brothers.

Yes... Christopher Walken is the malevolent leader of a gang of thieves.

His role is cruel, ruthless and violent.

His type of role, just like @Grim Up North said.

• Like 1

And his worst role was his completely pointless involvement in the Eddie Edwards biopic, playing someone who didn't even exist, which is a bit of a problem for a biopic.

Oh, wow, he has a thread....

Anyway, I watched Dune II with him in it. He looked very aged, but some of that might be on purpose. I think he's eminently deathlist-y, Oscar winner, meme-y person, on Robert Wagner's boat, SNL's "More Cowbell", Fatboy Slim's "Weapon Of Choice".

Maybe to be considered AFTER Robert Wagner's death.

• Like 2