msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

Think Derek Draper is notable enough to get on the list? He was a political advisor for Labour in the late 90's.

He is Kate Garraway's husband who was put in a coma last year due to Covid and there's been news about him every other day since because Kate can't keep her mouth shut. Today he came home and now needs carers 24/7.

3 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Think Derek Draper is notable enough to get on the list? He was a political advisor for Labour in the late 90's.

He is Kate Garraway's husband who was put in a coma last year due to Covid and there's been news about him every other day since because Kate can't keep her mouth shut. Today he came home and now needs carers 24/7.

Wait for the book launch over the summer about how she coped, and her mundane advice to others on how they can deal with, and overcome, the trauma she and her family have had. £9.99 and a free facemask. Amazon might offer a discount. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Draper was a real piece of work when he worked in Downing Street. Apparently, he can't move which must be torture for him.

4 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I knew who he was before he was ill and he was notable before he married Garraway.He would have got a QO easily before his marriage.

I wonder if Draper is coming home on end of life care.The poor guy has suffered so much damage maybe he has gone home as nothing else can be done for him medically.

Maybe worth noting that today Garraway said he could not speak which he could in the recent documentary (albeit not brilliantly but you could understand him and he clearly knows more than I or perhaps most people thought) meaning he may well have deteriorated further.

https://www.womanandhome.com/life/royal-news/the-mysterious-disappearance-of-queens-working-royal-leaves-just-11-serving/

There is increasing  speculation and rumour about the health of the Queens 84 year old  cousin  Princess  Alexandra  who according to this article  has almost vanished  from royal  duties without explanation. 

A spokesperson  for the royal family  has denied there is any serious  health issue  but word on the royal grapevine  is that  Princess Alexandra  is not in good shape at all.

I will post in royal thread  also as not everybody  reads every thread  but I definitely think Princess Alexandra is someone deadpoolers should  keep an eye on.

• Like 1

probably not famous enough to ever appear on any dl but find her during my search about Caravage : Italian art historian Mina Gregori is still alive and 97 

If it was 2022 and I was the committee, this would be DL:

1. Bob Dole

2. QEII

3. Abdelaziz Bouteflika

4. Betty White

5. FW De Klerk

6. Henry Kissinger

7. Loretta Lynn

8. Bob Barker

9. Angela Lansbury

10. Jimmy Carter

11. Rosalynn Carter

12. Leslie Phillips

13. Prunella Scales

14. Norman Lloyd

15. Tony Bennett

16. Kenneth Kaunda

17. Bob Newhart

18. Jimmy Greaves

19. Pope Benedict XVI

20. Imelda Marcos

21. Yoko Ono

22. Mel Brooks

23. Joanne Woodward

24. Jean-Marie Le Pen

25. Harry Belafonte

26. Martti Ahtisaari

27. Raul Castro

28. Burt Bacharach

29. Norman Lear

30. Dilip Kumar

31. Eva Marie Saint

32. Frank Williams

33. Stanley Baxter

34. Shane MacGowan

35. Shannen Doherty

36. June Brown

37. Mohamed al-Fayed

38. Ed Asner

39. Jiang Zemin

40. Norman Tebbit

41. Ozzy Osbourne

42. George RR Martin

43. Bernie Madoff

44. Mikhail Gorbachev

45. Ric Flair

46. Louis Farrakhan

47. Aung San Suu Kyi

48. Bobby Charlton

49. David Gulpilil

50. Derek Draper

Probably not going to get as much hits as this year's DL in the span of one year, but I've included a couple of ones who've been discussed a lot lately and a couple of old DLees.

52 minutes ago, jordanmiler00 said:

Elton john and Jason mow 

Don't know anything about Jason Mow, but Elton John seems to be doing just fine based on what he looked like on Demi Lovato's documentary.

Those of you who like following the fortunes of Brighton's drag queens but have given up on Ritchii Kara might be interested in Edward Ruggiero.

(warning, it's local news so more adverts than story)

Might be an outside chance of a QO there, all it takes is one fellow queen to tweet something and Metro will do the "Drag Race Stars Pay Tribute to Legendary Performer" story.

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Might be an outside chance of a QO there, all it takes is one fellow queen to tweet something and Metro will do the "Drag Race Stars Pay Tribute to Legendary Performer" story.

Oh, possibly fellow Brighton drag queen and contestant on season two Joe Black?

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18988546.top-drag-queen-brings-1920s-glamour-bbc/

Who had a short memorable spell on the show, btw. And is actually a prominent artist outside of the show as well.

• Like 1

I havn't found a thread for notable game show contestants.

Such as:

Helen Whitelaw - Has Motor Neurone Disease. She appeared on Tipping Point in 2019 and won 3000.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

I havn't found a thread for notable game show contestants.

Thank fuck for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

642864316450.thumb.jpg.0a3876ef5dde01101924c73bcb01055e.jpg

Well...
As I was asleep, my head whirled as if I were on a Rollercoaster Park...
But this man is... BRAD PITT. :wacko:
Brad... my private and forbidden love...
Dear... 
Do you need something?... :(

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

642864316450.thumb.jpg.0a3876ef5dde01101924c73bcb01055e.jpg

Well...
As I was asleep, my head whirled as if I were on a Rollercoaster Park...
But this man is... BRAD PITT. :wacko:
Brad... my private and forbidden love...
Dear... 
Do you need something?... :(

Brad Pitt is just been wheeled out because he was under the influence of novacane and couldn't walk straight.

Apparently an unmentioned name on the forum, so far, Derek Granger, veteran British TV producer of the Golden Age. He's about to turn 100 and the Guardian has an interview with him:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2021/apr/19/olivier-was-jealous-of-me-tv-drama-pioneer-derek-granger-at-100

Seems fine so far, but that could change quickly.

• Like 1

I can't see anything on news sites but this guy seems important enough for John Barrowman to post on his Instagram.

Anthony Powell has died aged 85 . He was a costume designer for many West End shows including Anything Goes which John was on.

His Wikipedia tells me he has won three Academy Awards for his work. Films he has worked on include two Indiana Jones films, Hook, The Ninth Gate...I could go on.

• Like 1

Ted Nugent has contracted COVID, turns out it's not a hoax anymore

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phantom said:

Ted Nugent has contracted COVID, turns out it's not a hoax anymore

Fingers crossed covid wins this one

• Like 1