msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

19 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Been watching Tom Scott's latest video to find the scientist that invented the microwave to re-animate rodents is alive at 101.

• James Lovelock

He's done a lot of other good things but I can't list everything. Check his Wikipedia - he has even worked with NASA.

Love your originality @ladyfiona, keep it up! :)

• Like 1

Can’t believe James Lovelock has never been mentioned on this forum before. Real oversight from all of us. 

Cleary and Lloyd slipped through our fingers too. Hardly ever mentioned in the ideas and possibilities threads!

Well, simply because she's one of the worst-looking but still living people I've ever seen - could just be a bad photo! - I suggest Charlotte Knobloch - Holocaust survivor, 88 years old, and vice-president of the World Jewish Congress:

She's the one on the right.

Weisband, Knobloch: »Eine grundlegende Angst«

Source: https://www.spiegel.de/geschichte/marina-weisband-und-charlotte-knobloch-antisemitismus-waechst-weil-die-welt-sich-veraendert-a-a88e3d6a-0002-0001-0000-000177512618

I think her skin got burned....maybe radiation??? 

At this point in time, here's what I imagine the top 10 in 2022 will look like:

1. F. W. De Klerk (NEW): Diagnosed with mesothelioma in March. Average prognosis is 10 months.

2. Bob Dole (4): Turns 99 in July '22 and was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in February.

3. Betty White (2): Turns 100 in January.

4. Jimmy Carter (15): Turns 98 in October '22. Frail and a bedblocker.

5. Leslie Phillips (16): Turns 98 in April '22. Also frail and a bedblocker.

6. Tony Bennett (22): Turns 96 in August '22 and, in February, was revealed to have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2016.

7. Glynis Johns (NEW): Turns 99 in October '22. Just a personal suggestion of mine.

8. Dick Van Dyke (3): Turns 97 in December '22, though very healthy for someone his age.

9. Henry Kissinger (13): Turns 99 in May '22.

10. Queen Elizabeth II (25): Turns 96 in April '22 and was recently widowed.

• Like 2

Someone has to post it...

Love Island's Demi Jones has thyroid cancer:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9601009/Love-Islands-Demi-Jones-reveals-thyroid-cancer.html

A golf ball sized tumour had apparently been growing since 2019 and has now been surgically removed.

Robert Solow

Carol Burnett

Roberta Flack

Having fucked up the original ideas thread by accidentally merging the whole thing instead of merging the last two posts which should gave been put into it instead of the dead thread instead.

My bad, sorry.  Nothing else to see here, move along. 

• Thanks 1

Everyone should be on the 2022 list. ;) :P lol

I'll gradually split the posts meant for the I&P thread that got merged into the Dead thread back to here over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Matthew Perry might be a good call for next year.Looks and sounds terrible in the new Friends reunion trailer 

Parkinsons won't take him that quick. Will get another 8-10 years at least possibly even more IMO depending on how well they can control it

6 hours ago, Sean said:

Matthew Perry might be a good call for next year.Looks and sounds terrible in the new Friends reunion trailer 

I know he has a history of substance abuse to prescription medication and been in and out of rehab over the last 20 years. His weight has also fluctuated. He is 51 and aging naturally for a guy his age. He is not one for trying to use botox etc to look pretty.

• Like 1

Bob Dole, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Marsha Hunt, Bob Barker are ones I recommend for next year but atleast half of the four will be gone by then.

Kenneth Kaunda and FW De Klerk to continue the tradition of having African despots on the list.

There are also a ton of despots who will soon be good for the list (Yakubu Gowon, Sam Nujoma, Paul Biya, Denis Sassou Nguesso, Teddy Obiang and Ali Hassan Mwinyi) but probably not for next year as they don't seem to be in bad health yet, except maybe Obiang with his health history and succession battles.

• Like 2

These are 20 picks who are not on the DeathList I recommend for 2022, this also serves as a mini Deathlist for myself.

Ozzy Osbourne - Black Sabbath Singer

Richard Wilson - Actor

Robert De Niro - Actor

Gerd Muller - Football

Sandra Day O'Connor - Supreme Court Justice

Demi Lovato - Singer

Brian May - Guitarist of Queen

Sir Bobby Charlton - Football

Carlos Reutemann - Formula 1 Driver

John Williams - Composer

Eva Marie Saint - Actress

Donald Rumsfeld - Secretary of Defense

Jim Lovell - Apollo 13 Commander

Nichelle Nichols - Star Trek

Brian Johnson - AC/DC Singer

Ellen Burstyn - Actress

Bob Dylan - Singer

James Earl Jones - Actor

Agnetha Faltskog - ABBA singer

Harrison Ford - Actor and helicopter pilot with a history of incidents

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

These are 20 picks who are not on the DeathList I recommend for 2022, this also serves as a mini Deathlist for myself.

Ozzy Osbourne - Black Sabbath Singer

Richard Wilson - Actor

Robert De Niro - Actor

Gerd Muller - Football

Sandra Day O'Connor - Supreme Court Justice

Demi Lovato - Singer

Brian May - Guitarist of Queen

Sir Bobby Charlton - Football

Carlos Reutemann - Formula 1 Driver

John Williams - Composer

Eva Marie Saint - Actress

Donald Rumsfeld - Secretary of Defense

Jim Lovell - Apollo 13 Commander

Nichelle Nichols - Star Trek

Brian Johnson - AC/DC Singer

Ellen Burstyn - Actress

Bob Dylan - Singer

James Earl Jones - Actor

Agnetha Faltskog - ABBA singer

Harrison Ford - Actor and helicopter pilot with a history of incidents

I would give 6 maybe 7 of those the nod

Okay, the Ideas and Possibilities/Dead of 2021 thread Siamese twins have been separated to the best of my ability, though the I&P OP remains in the Deaths thread as I cannot separate that one.

Now I need a raise... :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Okay, the Ideas and Possibilities/Dead of 2021 thread Siamese twins have been separated to the best of my ability, though the I&P OP remains in the Deaths thread as I cannot separate that one.

Now I need a raise... :P

Well done.  You can have my Christmas bonus for this year. :lol:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, arghton said:

Bob Dole, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Marsha Hunt, Bob Barker are ones I recommend for next year but atleast half of the four will be gone by then.

Kenneth Kaunda and FW De Klerk to continue the tradition of having African despots on the list.

Bit harsh on FW there, imo!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Alfred's great-grandson Peter Nobel (8 Dec 1931) is still alive at age 89. He has worked for the UN as well as the Red Cross, so he is famous in his own right.

On 17/05/2021 at 19:16, Drewsky1211 said:

At this point in time, here's what I imagine the top 10 in 2022 will look like:

7. Glynis Johns (NEW): Turns 99 in October '22. Just a personal suggestion of mine.

Hard to complain about her constant absence from the DL lists considering that she's still alive, but it's so weird that they refuse to select her. I mean, she ticks all the boxes for a DL listee: Old, super famous, British, etc. At this point, I wonder if they think she died years ago. Maybe they confused her with another actress like Deborah Kerr or something. Or maybe the committee just has mermaidophobia... :scratchhead:

38 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Hard to complain about her constant absence from the DL lists considering that she's still alive, but it's so weird that they refuse to select her. I mean, she ticks all the boxes for a DL listee: Old, super famous, British, etc. At this point, I wonder if they think she died years ago. Maybe they confused her with another actress like Deborah Kerr or something. Or maybe the committee just has mermaidophobia... :scratchhead:

The committee sometimes works in mysterious ways.

I'm suprised that Carlos Menem or Larry King weren't picked into this year's list even though they were clearly easy hits, and Norman Lloyd would've been a near-guaranteed hit too.

I doubt the claim that nobody from the committee ever checks the forums as usually the people who are picked for DL (everyone this year) already have a DL thread.

Good old Dilip Kumar could be a great addition to the list in 2025

• Like 1