msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

I do think Eric Carle would be a great addition to the Deathlist next year if he is at the starting gate. He's 92 next month. 

• Like 1

The health of Alan Brazil has been discussed elsewhere, thought I'd throw in that I just finished his autobiography "Only Here for a Visit."  Thoughtful gift from a friend that I feel confident in predicting won't trouble an awards committee or the examiners for various English A' level boards. Revelations include the fact he's a Neil Young fan with an interest in UFOs (or at least the famous event that happened just down the road from his Suffolk home). But he's also a life-long piss-head with a persona built around being the living embodiment of the "life is for living" lifestyle. His youngest daughter is a doctor. I found myself wondering how much his life had influenced her career choice and how unreceptive he must be to the fucking obvious, because if anyone could persuade him to lose the pork and cut down on the pop surely it'd be one of his own kids. 

0_Alan-Brazil-2.jpg

Picture looks like it was taken a second before his head exploded

On 25/05/2021 at 18:44, Deathrace said:

I do think Eric Carle would be a great addition to the Deathlist next year if he is at the starting gate. He's 92 next month. 

In actual fact he’d been dead for 2 days at the time of writing this.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

On 25/05/2021 at 18:44, Deathrace said:

Oh well, I had been saying several times before that he should have been on the 2021 list! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arghton said:

Picture looks like it was taken a second before his head exploded

As do many pictures of Alan Brazil.

Just a matter of time, then

• Like 1

On 30/12/2020 at 21:05, wildstorm said:

...with Eric Carle (“The Very Hungry Caterpillar” author) who was in hospital earlier this year for unspecified reasons, but i’m guessing is okay (no update on his website but the previous message about his hospital stay has been removed). turns 92 in june.

i thought he was a unique pick for me this year, but after some forum searching i think bibliogryphon actually had him on their list last year.

my bad for unintentionally stealing a unique pick from someone else and then putting it forward as a suggestion to everybody on the forum

ether way, he was a great author and person (i loved the drawings that he posted on twitter on every holiday). rip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Christina Pickles doesn't look so hot in the Friends reunion. Elliott Gould looks better.

• Like 2

Looking slightly frail in this picture is 90 year old legendary TV producer Beryl Vertue

E2V8lLYXEAknAXd.jpeg

• Like 2

Rick Wiles, the shitstain who founded the bile-spouting conspiracy outlet TruNews, is apparently seriously ill in hospital.

Rumours say that he has COVID, which would qualify him for the Ironic Deaths thread if he snuffs it.

I keep getting this sinking feeling that Bill Roache will die (i will be very upset by the news) but it's like a foreshadow of what's to come :(

22 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

I keep getting this sinking feeling that Bill Roache will die (i will be very upset by the news) but it's like a foreshadow of what's to come :(

Doubt he will live to be 120 or 200 or whatever rubbish he has spouted in the past due to his Pure Love movement but I think he has a good few years left him I think he will live until he is 97 or 98, but I suppose a lot will depend how getting Covid-19 has affected him as he is 89. 

Dancer Eileen Kramer, 106 years old. Already picked on the Centenarians Pool, but now there's a BBC profile:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-57250509

However, currently she's still dancing and does not feel old.

Harry Reid the former democratic senate majority leader looks in terrible shape. He is 81 now has had a recent battle with pancreatic cancer and is now confined to a wheelchair.

• Like 1

Just putting forward a case for the inclusion of Nichelle Nichols on the 2022 list when 15 out of 23 players pick her in Scavenger Hunt then hopefully she will be a shoe in for the main list 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2021 at 22:48, Perhaps said:

Rick Wiles, the shitstain who founded the bile-spouting conspiracy outlet TruNews, is apparently seriously ill in hospital.

Rumours say that he has COVID, which would qualify him for the Ironic Deaths thread if he snuffs it.

Update from the Independent which confirms Rick Wiles has covid. And a bunch of others at TruNews apparently. Anti-vaxxer hospitalised with Covid after saying vaccines would wipe out ‘stupid people’ (msn.com)

Eleanor Bron looked (to me at least) almost unrecognisable in her latest appearance on Midsomer Murders. Possible ill health? Will be sorry if so, as she is a fine actress.

• Sad 1

1. Colin Baker - Former Doctor Who has been terminally ill since at least 2016. Was struck down with a 'mystery illness' in 2018. He is also morbidly obese. He is 77.
  2. Frank Williams - Walmington-on-Sea’s veteran Vicar. He is 90, so is an obvious candidate. He posted an update in 2020 and he seems fine though. Aged 89

3. Tom Baker - Former Doctor Who. His alcoholic lifestyle has caught up to him and he is still working and seems fine but I’d rather frail looking. Aged 87.

Just for the record, Colin Baker isn't known to be terminally ill. He did campaign for the then terminally ill Brian Rix in 2016, however. And yes, his weight is still an issue as it has been for most of his career so I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone in the next 5 years. Hopefully not, though. He's a complete grump but he's *our* grump.

I was told years about Tom being very frail when not in performance mode due to the boozing in his past, but the person who told me that (a name actor) has since died themselves!

• Like 2

Although Tim Healy is looking ancient and ghastly on that episode of Still Open All Hours on BBC1 right now. Didn't recognise him at first. (Recorded in 2019 apparently.)

17 hours ago, msc said:

Just for the record, Colin Baker isn't known to be terminally ill. He did campaign for the then terminally ill Brian Rix in 2016, however. And yes, his weight is still an issue as it has been for most of his career so I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone in the next 5 years. Hopefully not, though. He's a complete grump but he's *our* grump.

I was told years about Tom being very frail when not in performance mode due to the boozing in his past, but the person who told me that (a name actor) has since died themselves!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5968032/colin-baker-10-hour-hospital-wait/
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/11326171.doctor-who-star-drops-out-of-malvern-play-due-to-illness/
https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/14679446.opinion-colin-baker-terminally-ill-actor-asks-hard-questions/

quite a lot of reports of him being ill. 

1 hour ago, vvmax said:

But not "terminally ill".

This link says nothing at all about Colin Baker's health.  It's about Brian Rix.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/14679446.opinion-colin-baker-terminally-ill-actor-asks-hard-questions/

2014 report says he had a chest infection.  Only made the paper because he was appearing locally and had to pull out  because he had temporarily lost his voice.

2018 reports quotes him saying that his " problem was not life-threatening ".

1 hour ago, vvmax said:

Those reports are from 2018 (The Sun) and 2014 (Worcester News), and the Bucks Free Press article is Colin Baker writing about his terminally ill colleague Brian Rix (who has since died).

This does not equate to there being "quite a lot of reports of him being ill" and he's definitely not terminally ill.

• Like 3

He'll probably drop dead tomorrow now.  :lol:

• Haha 1