msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

How is that show even still allowed??

Plus they should have ended it if only out of respect

Norman Tebbit (b. 1931, 90) and Vin Scully (b. 1927, 93) have both lost their wives during the last 7-8 months

de Klerk and James Michael Tyler both fighting cancer, likely good picks for next year's list if they're still alive in 2022.

Gorbachev, Ozzy Osbourne and Louis Farrakhan for DL returnees. I have a feeling that if not all, two or atleast one of these is going to go just as everyone forgets about him.

And why not Dilip Kumar? He can't live forever.

12 minutes ago, arghton said:

Norman Tebbit (b. 1931, 90) and Vin Scully (b. 1927, 93) have both lost their wives during the last 7-8 months

de Klerk and James Michael Tyler both fighting cancer, likely good picks for next year's list if they're still alive in 2022.

Gorbachev, Ozzy Osbourne and Louis Farrakhan for DL returnees. I have a feeling that if not all, two or atleast one of these is going to go just as everyone forgets about him.

And why not Dilip Kumar? He can't live forever.

Hello, Arghton. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but could you please make a list for me?

I would like a list of the oldest people who produce sex toys that are still alive.

I'm thinking of running a theme team

• Haha 3

It's nearly possible to watch MK's growth here from adolescent to young adult just by noting the improved subtlety of his digs and change up from outright rude to mere sarcasm. Amusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Howard Hesseman(b. 1940)

No acting gigs since 2017,seems like a decent bet for the next WKRP In Cincinnati death

Igor Kirillov, USSR Central Television news anchor who read the death announcements of Soviet leaders Brezhnev, Andropov and Chernenko is still alive and will be 89 later this year.

This was the one for Chernenko.

• Like 1

According to his Facebook page, Larry Storch has announced his retirement. Wonder if health is part of it

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 21/06/2021 at 20:57, Miranda lass said:

How is that show even still allowed??

Plus they should have ended it if only out of respect

Respect and reality television - two concepts that don't often occupy the same space. 

• Sad 1

I've probably mentioned him before, but Sam Nujoma.

Last of the "founding fathers of Africa" after the death of Kaunda and also the only person alive to have the title of "Father of the Nation" after the death of Michael Somare. He was the first President of Namibia and is now 92 years old.

There is a handful of other "founders of nations" alive, though:

Jacob Zuma (b. 1942) Recently sentenced to 15 months in jail.

Salva Kiir Mayardit (b. 1951) First President and founder of South Sudan, the newest country in the world that gained independence on 9th of July 2011.

Nursultan Nazarbayev (b. 1940) "Leader of the Nation", first leader of Kazakhstan. Probably still ruling the country.

Nayef Hawatmeh (b. 1938) Not really a founder of a country, but seen as some kind of a national leader.

Leonid Kravchuk (b. 1934) Ukraine's first President.

Conservative podcaster/comedian Steven Crowder will be undergoing heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic in July. 

54 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Conservative podcaster/comedian Steven Crowder will be undergoing heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic in July. 

Must’ve been after he lost a debate with Sam Seder

• Haha 1

Vin Scully would be 94 rather (born 1927)

• Like 1

On 03/04/2021 at 16:56, gcreptile said:

I didn't realize that former chairman of Volkswagen, the predecessor of Ferdinand Piech, Carl Hahn is still alive at 94:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Hahn

As the mastermind behind the VW Golf he is likely obitable.

(However, the latest picture showed him still standing upright.)

A 95th birthday video, in a very good shape for his age if this is a new interview.

Happened upon a bunch of anti-vaxxers holding up the local traffic, in the centre the diminutive and somewhat frail figure of Piers Corbyn (74). Jezza's big brother didn't look that robust and I may even have detected a notably blue tint to his lips. Some of his healthier looking friends weren't that keen on letting randoms taking phone photos too close to their man on the megaphone and - in any case - I'd have been wandering into a mob lacking vaccines, but he's here if you can pick him out.

210910203_10157656315210981_494472321438

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Happened upon a bunch of anti-vaxxers holding up the local traffic, in the centre the diminutive and somewhat frail figure of Piers Corbyn (74). Jezza's big brother didn't look that robust and I may even have detected a notably blue tint to his lips. Some of his healthier looking friends weren't that keen on letting randoms taking phone photos too close to their man on the megaphone and - in any case - I'd have been wandering into a mob lacking vaccines, but he's here if you can pick him out.

210910203_10157656315210981_494472321438

While it's obvious why pro-vaxxers want everyone to get vaccinated, I don't really see why anti-vaxxers should care whether other people get jabbed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

While it's obvious why pro-vaxxers want everyone to get vaccinated, I don't really see why anti-vaxxers should care whether other people get jabbed.

It ain't just about the jabs - check out his Wiki page. Piers thinks the virus is a hoax and it's been near-enough invented by mega-rich people to close down the economy and fast-track the polarity between a handful of billionaires and the rest of the seven billion of us. 

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Corbyn#COVID-19_denialism

Piers_Corbyn_London_Mayor_Announcement.p

Oh, that sort of bollocks.  What does he expect people to do about it?

19 hours ago, Toast said:

Oh, that sort of bollocks.  What does he expect people to do about it?

Stand around in town centres, listen to him and stop traffic, mainly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Piers is even pottier than his brother and that's saying something. 

Thomas Noguchi who performed the autopsies of Marilyn Monroe, Robert F. Kennedy and multiple other quite famous people in the 60s to the 80s is still alive and will be 95 at the start of next year.

5 minutes ago, arghton said:

Thomas Noguchi who performed the autopsies of Marilyn Monroe, Robert F. Kennedy and multiple other quite famous people in the 60s to the 80s is still alive and will be 95 at the start of next year.

About 30 years ago I read his book about all the Hollywood autopsies he performed, worth a read for the detail about Natalie Wood and John Belushi.

1 hour ago, One shot Paddy said:

About 30 years ago I read his book about all the Hollywood autopsies he performed, worth a read for the detail about Natalie Wood and John Belushi.

You could save the rest of us ghouls a few quid by giving us a few edited highlights of those autopsies. 

I heard he said, most wood floats better than Natalie!