msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

Morteza Mehrzad, second-biggest person of the world, and a Paralympian:

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/olympia/paralympics-2021-sitzvolleyballer-morteza-mehrzad-koerpergroesse-2-46-meter-blockhoehe-im-sitzen-1-96-meter-a-2794a721-cd1d-41ef-8661-65dfe1183597

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morteza_Mehrzad

Appparently unbeatable in sit-volleyball, but also disabled because of his uneven growth, and sadly, seems like an early death.

• Like 2

Bud Cort hasn't appeared in a film since 2016. I can't find any interviews with him in the past few years either, particularly notable as there were plenty of 50th anniversary of Harold and Maude articles but none with comment by him.

• Thanks 1

Vicente Fernández?

The 80-year old controversial Mexican musician called "The Idol of Mexico" and "The King of Ranchera Music", three-time Grammy winner, eight-time Latin Grammy winner, fourteen-time Lo Nuestro winner with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been in hospital for 21 days.

He has had cancer three times (and 40% of his liver was removed due to a cancer), a pulmonary embolism and is now in hospital after suffering a fall likely caused by Guillain-Barre syndrome. The fall has caused damage to his spine and a tracheostomy has been performed on Fernandez.

Chun Doo-hwan, former military dictator of South Korea could be a good pick for next year's list. 90-year old recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma.

7 minutes ago, arghton said:

Vicente Fernández?

The 80-year old controversial Mexican musician called "The Idol of Mexico" and "The King of Ranchera Music", three-time Grammy winner, eight-time Latin Grammy winner, fourteen-time Lo Nuestro winner with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been in hospital for 21 days.

He has had cancer three times (and 40% of his liver was removed due to a cancer), a pulmonary embolism and is now in hospital after suffering a fall likely caused by Guillain-Barre syndrome. The fall has caused damage to his spine and a tracheostomy has been performed on Fernandez.

I picked him in deadpools in 2020 here and there because of a supposed cancer diagnosis. But then apparently, it turned out it wasn't cancer after all. Still, the earlier cancer was real and he does seem to be in declining health. His son is also a bit of a star in Mexico.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I picked him in deadpools in 2020 here and there because of a supposed cancer diagnosis. But then apparently, it turned out it wasn't cancer after all. Still, the earlier cancer was real and he does seem to be in declining health. His son is also a bit of a star in Mexico.

Yes, admired @gcreptile... his son is a star in Mexico and... outside of Mexico, too.
Alejandro Fernández is a popular Latin Grammy-winning singer of ballads, love songs and mariachi music.
He's nicknamed as "El Potrillo" ("The Little Colt") by the media and his fans.
Well known outside Mexico, Alejandro Fernández has played in many of the world's great venues, including New York's Madison Square Garden.
He has sold over 20 million albums worldwide.
He originally specialized in Mexican music, such as mariachi and ranchera. However, his more recent works has focused on pop music.
Alejandro Fernández has performed with artists like: Nelly Furtado, Gloria Estefan, Chayanne, Plácido Domingo, Marc Anthony, José Carreras, Julio Iglesias, Franco De Vita or Beyoncé Knowles.
He was awarded the Latin Grammy for Best Ranchero Performance in 2000.
He's a big name about Mexican and Hispanic Music.
Even if I can say it... he's my favourite Latin singer. :lol:

• Like 2

Christopher Lloyd - 82

Recent photo of him looks like he's one to watch maybe (click read more).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aef6f31a19d0f48fb294fc2931347aac.png

• Sad 1

He is on my deathlist for this year so kinda good news my way? Tho makes it sound like i actually want ppl to keel over :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Christopher Lloyd - 82

Recent photo of him looks like he's one to watch maybe (click read more).

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.aef6f31a19d0f48fb294fc2931347aac.png

He looks fine to me.  How do you expect someone who is 82 to look?

• Like 3

Madeleine Riffaud, french poet, journalist, war correspondent and former member of the resistance turned 97 yo this year

Nils Gustafsson, the only survivor of the unsolved 1960 Lake Bodom murders is still alive and 80 this or next year. Smoker who didn't look great twenty years ago. Also a suspect in the case.

Pools

Never mentioned on this forum but a very interesting guy, maybe for pools:

22.jpg.2fbc9eacce272c3be31b6afd8198dd68.jpg

The Honourable Maharajah Doctor Karan Singh (1931-)

Son of the last Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir Hari Singh (1895-1961), Prince Regent of Jammu and Kashmir 1949-1953, backed a coup against Jammu Kashmir PM Sheikh Abdullah in 1953, served as the President of Jammu and Kashmir from 1952 to 1965 and the first Governor of Jammu and Kashmir 1965 to 1967.

Tourism and Civil Aviation minister of India 1967-1973, Health and Family Planning minister 1973-1977, Education and Culture minister 1979-1980 and Ambassador to the US 1989-1990.

Has outlived seven of his immediate successors with a 41-year gap of no Jammu and Kashmir governors alive.

• Like 1

Joss  Ackland

• Like 1

John Challis, who played Boycie in Only Fools and Horses has cancer which he has had for two years now. He’s had to cancel his show and looks very pale.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2021 at 02:38, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Joss  Ackland

But his spunky backpack will outlive him, right?

16 hours ago, vvmax said:

John Challis, who played Boycie in Only Fools and Horses has cancer which he has had for two years now. He’s had to cancel his show and looks very pale.

I agree he should go on the list. Considering he was told to cancel his show ASAP and only did 1 night.

8 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

But his spunky backpack will outlive him, right?

Of course

On 27/08/2021 at 12:23, Spade_Cooley said:

Bud Cort hasn't appeared in a film since 2016. I can't find any interviews with him in the past few years either, particularly notable as there were plenty of 50th anniversary of Harold and Maude articles but none with comment by him.

I noticed that too. Wasn't he in a really bad car accident some time back that he took a while to get over.

On 21/02/2021 at 01:32, Ulitzer95 said:

Rewatched My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) tonight. 

I was surprised to read that not only was a sequel released in 2016, but all cast members were still alive and reprised their roles too.

Michael Constantine who played the crazy Greek father of the bride is 94 in May. He looked like he was circling in 2016 to be honest. Surely can’t last much longer. 

What totally shocked me though was that the granny in the films (ie the mother of Constantine’s character) is still alive and she’s ancient! A little known actress called Bess Meisler. No DOB on Google but Ancestry reveals she was born in January 1923.

58918DEC-9128-484C-BC1A-C458DBBE3783.jpeg045B07B2-5EC4-4F00-BDF8-F3C2052518C0.jpeg

And he didn't.

Michael Constantine (wiki) has died aged 94. Passed away on 31st August but only announced now. Cause given as simply "natural causes".

Bess Meisler, 98, who played his mother(!) in the film survives him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Noticeable that Mark "heart attack in a blancmange waiting to happen" Labbett and Paul "parkinsons" Sinha didn't turn up for the NTAs.

Probably worth his own thread and a spot on the DL, but Sir Antony Sher, one of Britain's greatest living stage actors (and also a familiar TV/film face), is terminally ill. His partner is taking compassionate leave to look after him (but expects to be back in work in early 2022, so this is going to be fast). Awful news.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 3