msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

32 minutes ago, msc said:

Probably worth his own thread and a spot on the DL, but Sir Antony Sher, one of Britain's greatest living stage actors (and also a familiar TV/film face), is terminally ill. His partner is taking compassionate leave to look after him (but expects to be back in work in early 2022, so this is going to be fast). Awful news.

Just came here to say the same

Here is the press release from the RSC

Today we are sad to announce that Gregory Doran will be taking a period of compassionate leave as Artistic Director of the RSC to care for his husband, Sir Antony Sher. Antony has a long and celebrated association with the Company and is an RSC Honorary Associate Artist.   Gregory Doran writes “I am very sorry to say that my husband, Tony Sher, has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and in order to look after him, and with the agreement of the Board, I will be taking a period of compassionate leave with immediate effect. I expect to return in early 2022.   During this period RSC Deputy Artistic Director, Erica Whyman, will take on the role of Acting Artistic Director until Gregory’s return.  This arrangement has been agreed by the RSC Board, and Erica will have overall artistic responsibility as well as wider organisational accountability which she will share with Catherine Mallyon, Executive Director.  We will be making no further comment regarding this personal matter, and we as

13 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Some photos from Belmondo’s funeral : Vernier (b. 1931), Pierre Richard (b. 1934, huge huge name in France) and Delon looked quite frail 

Victor looks a lot like his grandpa.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, msc said:

Probably worth his own thread and a spot on the DL, but Sir Antony Sher, one of Britain's greatest living stage actors (and also a familiar TV/film face), is terminally ill. His partner is taking compassionate leave to look after him (but expects to be back in work in early 2022, so this is going to be fast). Awful news.

I don’t think he is that likely to make 2022. By the sound of it he will be dead within a couple of months once you add in the grieving period.

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I don’t think he is that likely to make 2022. By the sound of it he will be dead within a couple of months once you add in the grieving period.

That’s exactly what @msc said…

• Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 23:41, The Old Crem said:

In terms of timing this is about the worst possible from a recognition by the Death list community. There are no live competitions that will start until advent avalanche and he will be penciled into many 2022 shortlist with the expectation of being struck through

• Like 1

A name, which I don't believe has ever been mentioned hereabouts, but is assured a QO when she dies, is Charlotte Bingham, a list of writing credits as long as your arm, aristocracy, MI5 connections & widow of Terence Brady.

She'll be 80 next year; I have no idea of her current health situation - for all I know she might be around for another 20 years, but I thought her name worthy of throwing in for consideration.

• Like 2

Nicholas Brendon, who played Xander in Buffy and has had public battles with addiction in recent years, pulls out of promoting his latest movie due to "paralysed genitals". 

"Pulls out due to paralyzed genitals"? 

Fnarr fnarr.

• Haha 2

As bleak as it is, I doubt Eugenia Cooney will make it another 10 years. She could possibly make next year's list

Also if Ayman al-Zawahiri is really alive, I doubt he will be for very long

Actress Jean Marsh - 87.

Last appeared on screen according to her IMDB in 2014. After filming S1 of rebooted Upstairs, Downstairs (which she also wrote) she had a stroke and a heart attack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Actress Jean Marsh - 87.

Last appeared on screen according to her IMDB in 2014. After filming S1 of rebooted Upstairs, Downstairs (which she also wrote) she had a stroke and a heart attack.

Has her own thread. Alas, not well at all.

• Sad 1

James Brokenshire revealed recently his lung cancer has progressed and treatment is taking longer than expected as a result. Sounds like a potential candidate for next year's list if he makes it to 2022:

• Like 1

Only going by word of mouth here but I overheard somebody today saying Olympic gold medalist and  Dundee boxer 85 year old Dick McTaggart is looking frail.  I had a look for a picture this one is from 2019

dmct.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, openviews said:

oh no - she’s not even on my ‘Jenny Agutter’ list of famous people I don’t want to ever get ill but reading this and how it makes me feel maybe she should have been.

Sirikit, mentioned above, suffered a stroke a few years ago and has been extremely frail since then. The current king of Thailand doesn't seem to be well either and was in ICU with respiratory problems and either HIV or hepatitis in May. 70 next year, lifelong playboy.

Also some other names I think could be good for DL:

Martti Ahtisaari and Joseph Estrada (both born in 1937) Ahtisaari is a former nobel peace prize winner, Finnish president and Estrada the former kleptocrat president of the philippines. Ahtisaari has alzheimer's, Estrada has been sick for years and both have had covid. 

George RR Martin (born 1948) Will he finish his books before exploding?

Gorbachev (born 1931) Definitely should return IMO. Frailer than most of the nonagenarians on the list.

Sandra Day O'Connor (born 1930) First female US supreme court judge, alzheimer's for years and in a wheelchair + nursing home since around 2017.

• Facepalm 1

Michael Sinelnikoff

Una Kay

Tom Skerritt

On 22/04/2021 at 08:02, CaptainChorizo said:

Jay Sandrich (b.1932)

American TV Director who worked on almost every popular Us sitcom in the 70's and 80's(Mary Tyler Moore,Cosby Show,Newhart,Odd Couple,Golden Girls etc).  Was not well enough to attend a ceremony honoring him with a Television Academy Hall Of Fame Award months before the Pandemic began.

Jay Sandrich didn't make it - dead at 89: https://deadline.com/2021/09/jay-sandrich-dead-tv-director-the-mary-tyler-moore-show-the-cosby-show-1234842985/

DDP Pick.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Robin Eames Former Church of Ireland Archbishop of Armagh. 86 next year. Very prominent in the media during the 80's and 90s era of the Troubles will obit in the Irish and UK media for sure IMO

Bullseye co host Tony Green 82 years old and had tounge cancer in 2010

On 28/09/2021 at 20:05, RIP Wee Jum said:

Bullseye co host Tony Green 82 years old and had tounge cancer in 2010

Think Micheal Douglas did years ago, too. He's 77.