msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

FC Krasnodar owner Sergey Galitsky has terminal cancer.

Youtuber Nikocado Avocado who has several million subscribers to his video's is eating himself to death.

• Sad 1

I remember a time when he was slim and fruitarian. I can't watch him now because he's a fatter version of Trisha Paytas. The amount he eats in a week is stupid and he's an overdramatic bitch and that is an understatement.

Edit: Yeah he is milking this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4aebc15acc1f18429038646f9c7b6713.png

• Like 2

King Vajiralongkorn of Thailand. He's been on the throne for five years and will be 70 next year. A playboy most of his life, there have been strong rumors of his health not being great:

This leaked U.S. wikileaks telegram about King Bhumibol's health from 2009 mentions that he was already back then believed to be suffering from HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C or a type of blood cancer.

Brief hospitalisation in October 2020 and in ICU with respiratory problems in May 2021.

He won't live as long as his father did, but could go on for some years. The royal family will probably try to hide his health issues as long as it's possible. Maybe not for DL yet but I'll be suprised if he makes it to 75.

vajiralongkorn.png.1abe018e90c8e8e859462b31a6af29e7.png

• Like 2

On 17/07/2021 at 12:21, Deathrace said:

Is he the last survivor from "A Night to Remember"?

I was recently in a discussion about the classic “Hell Drivers” on the subject of “who’s left from the cast”, and he would appear to be the only one of note still standing. Vera Day, who had a minor role, is also apparently still around.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Providing some more info:

Smosh is a YouTube channel that was created in 2005. When YouTube was a relatively new concept Smosh was one of the most popular channels on the platform. It has had periods of being the most subscribed channel on YouTube with the last period ending in August of 2013. The person with cancer on the channel is Keith Leak Jr, who is 29. He has been a part of the channel since 2015. It should be noted that Smosh has multiple YouTube channels and he is a key figure in multiple of them (as well as social media and Twitch).

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5820878/

^ This is his imdb page which will show mainly Smosh credits and a few other small projects. The cancer he has been diagnosed with is Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST). This is an extremely rare and treatable cancer, especially for his age group. If you follow his Instagram page, he has given regular updates and was diagnosed around April 2021.

https://www.instagram.com/keithleakjr/

Basically to sum all this up....he has a high chance of being perfectly fine in the long-term.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MadMac said:

I was recently in a discussion about the classic “Hell Drivers” on the subject of “who’s left from the cast”, and he would appear to be the only one of note still standing. Vera Day, who had a minor role, is also apparently still around.

Vera Day was married to the rather more famous photographer, Terry O'Neill, so one for the widow shopping thread. 

• Like 1

While looking up, again, the health situation of David Gulpilil, I noticed that another Aussie film legend, Jack Thompson, has been suffering from renal failure since 2018, but a dialysis machine "gave him back life":

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/weekend-australian-magazine/actor-activist-philanthropist-scholar-the-extraordinary-life-of-jack-thompson-80/news-story/d250ddd9195a038169806343feb3c78d

So Woody Cook (son of Norman Cook and Zoe Ball) has posted on Instagram to say that Tim Wilson who was the finalist from The Circle S2 is not doing well.

His Instagram post reads:

"Hello everyone, I just wanted to take a moment to talk about my dear friend Tim @professor_tim_wilson
Tim is not doing the best currently and has been in and out of hospital, with a serious condition yet has not let the smile go from his face or sense of humour throughout! You can’t stand in the way of this mans courages optimism, intelligence and filthy jokes!

Now despite all this I still believe he needs some loving and I was hoping - You guys could all send him some love from your hearts on socials and just by keeping his good health in your thoughts!

He is a blessing to my life and to this world and he truly deserves the recognition and fast recovery.

I love you Tim! xxx"

Video of Tim in bed from 3 days ago.

Bit TMI but from what I gather based on Tim's video updates - he had a colonoscopy mid September. A few days ago his partner updated us that he had a surgery I think and is recovering.

Another edit - He goes into detail for 9 minutes on his Youtube channel here.

• Thanks 1

My wife alerted me to a news story yesterday that led to this post.

The TV presenter and wildlife activist Chris Packham's house has been attacked by someone trying to set fire to the gates. Previously his opponents have left dead animals outside his gates. 

I am concerned that this campaign of terror against him might get out of hand as he is not the type of person to back down. Whilst I do not think anyone would set out to kill him I didn't think tge Brexit referendum would lead to murder either.

Whether you agree with him or not this level of intimidation should not be part of the political discourse in this country.

• Like 4

So the Czech president Milos Zeman got admitted to hospital literally hours after winning the general election.

From what i'm hearing on Radio 4 just now. To put in his own ballot he had to be helped by having the ballot box handed to him by helpers while he was in a wheelchair.

The president cast his ballot in the residence because of poor health, less than a month after he spent eight nights at the military hospital.

Mr Zeman's office has been secretive about his illness, giving no details for weeks.

Again? Not suprising considering he's a 77-year old heavy drinker and a chain smoker with diabetes. He once said that he has nine alcoholic drinks a day and "only" smokes two packs of cigarettes a day after doctors told him to smoke less in 2018. To finish his term he would have to live to around January 2023, seems like he could become the first Czech president to die in office.

• Like 1

One of John Savident’s former co - stars was talking about him in quite a sad tone recently. I am wondering if he is quite I’ll. He hasn’t worked for years and is 83. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

One of John Savident’s former co - stars was talking about him in quite a sad tone recently. I am wondering if he is quite I’ll. He hasn’t worked for years and is 83. 

Interesting obit when he does go. From Guernsey - despite being convincing enough in Corrie to convince a few he was a northerner. Also - admittedly based on the most superficial of Google searches, I'm fairly sure he's the only actor to combine Corrie and A Clockwork Orange on his CV. 

john-savident-caac9a40-2e8f-4f31-9811-56

34 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Interesting obit when he does go. From Guernsey - despite being convincing enough in Corrie to convince a few he was a northerner. Also - admittedly based on the most superficial of Google searches, I'm fairly sure he's the only actor to combine Corrie and A Clockwork Orange on his CV. 

john-savident-caac9a40-2e8f-4f31-9811-56

Warren Clarke would disagree, if he weren't already dead of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Always struck by how old he looked in A Clockwork Orange when he was only in his early 30s! He looked more like 60. 

c7875f80ccf4db0242c3dc5f1d32bea1.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Apparently 10 people appeared in both Corrie and A Clockwork Orange: https://www.imdb.com/search/name/?roles=tt0053494,tt0066921. Not enough for a theme team, sadly.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Apparently 10 people appeared in both Corrie and A Clockwork Orange: https://www.imdb.com/search/name/?roles=tt0053494,tt0066921. Not enough for a theme team, sadly.

Particularly given that only 2/10 of them are still breathing.

The “A Clockwork Orange” cast in general looks very bleak. You’d struggle to make a theme team out of that! 

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I stand corrected, amazed it's that many actually

I'm going to run a few searches on IMDB - maybe starting with people who appeared both in Black Emmanuelle and Songs of Praise

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Steve Harwell, lead singer of Smash Mouth, leaves the band and retires because of mounting health issues.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/12/smash-mouth-singer-retiring-chaotic-show-health-issues/

I couldn't think of a witty thread subtitle so I didn't create one.

They don't stop coming...

• Like 1