msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I always forgot Just Fontaine is still alive. He might be the only one of those to make front pages of any British news websites (BBC sport in his case). Nit sure how many of the others will get any British news coverage. 

I’d hope at least Lelouch would get a proper obituary an recognition in England : he is as famous as Trintignant in France and has been at the head of a really famous family 

Still in good health atm but I can see businesswomen Amanda Staveley making future DDP and other games teams as her Huntingdon’s disease develops.

Haven’t really done too much research tbh, but I suppose I can bring two fascinating names that have never been mentioned before that I’ve also been listening to lately. Admittedly both are a QO risk but they definitely can be useful for smaller pools. 

First is Alain Goraguer, who worked with Serge Gainsbourg previously. He also composed film soundtracks such as Fantastic Planet (La planete sauvage) since the 1970s.

Second is Gil Trythall, who is a classical pianist. However he is more known for his ventures into electronic music, particularly the album that uses country songs entirely with a moog synthesizer. 

• Thanks 1

Another unmentioned before for the forum: Paul Trevillion, the cartoonist who caused arguments among bored football fans for decades with his You Are The Ref strip, is still alive at 87. Has an active Twitter account, so presumably he's got a few years left.

Time to put Stephen Sondheim on the list? He is 92 next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

He’s still working and making talk show appearances though…

23 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I've wondered about him myself. He seems to be in good health overall and probably (hopefully!) has a few years left, but if I had to guess, won't make it much past 94 or 95.

Sepp Blatter ? 86 next year, the last fifa manager we had on the list was Havelange back in 2016 

I think Linda Ronstadt needs to be on more deadpoolers radar. 

In 2013 she was diagnosed with parkinsons disease  but this was revised by doctors and changed to  progressive  supranuclear palsy in 2019 . An illness were on average people die between 7-10 years after diagnosis. Next year it will be nine years. 

• Like 2

Remember last year, I suggested Barry Marshall, a minor UK equestrian with stage iv cancer, who was then picked by two teams, promptly died in January, and didn't really get obits.

Well, this year, I'd like to suggest minor golfer Brian Morris:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-club-pro-in-the-field-at-the-bermuda-championship-is-the-pl

Stage IV brain cancer, spread to esophagus, stomach and neck.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Remember last year, I suggested Barry Marshall, a minor UK equestrian with stage iv cancer, who was then picked by two teams, promptly died in January, and didn't really get obits.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-club-pro-in-the-field-at-the-bermuda-championship-is-the-pl

Deathrace gold, then

• Like 1

of all the Catwomen, only Eartha Kitt died, Julie Newmann turns 89 next year and Lee Meriwether 87 : which one will be next ? doubt it'll be any of the other ones considering they're all under 65

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

I will go and find you something to scrape the last remnants out of that barrel.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

of all the Catwomen, only Eartha Kitt died, Julie Newmann turns 89 next year and Lee Meriwether 87 : which one will be next ? doubt it'll be any of the other ones considering they're all under 65

When Julie was playing Catwoman a generation of boys discovered that they had a penis.

• Haha 2

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway?

Only 48 but she has pulmonary fibrosis, diagnosed three years ago.

It's a progressive, terminal illness, no known cure and the average life expectancy of someone with it is 3-5 years. "As the condition progresses, a person with pulmonary fibrosis is at risk of other health complications including heart attack or failure, stroke, pulmonary embolism, and other lung diseases and infections."

She was ill in May but currently attending events. However, as mentioned here, "The disease may get worse quickly (over months) or very slowly (over years)"

Has also had some health problems in the past (pneumonia, several instances of norovirus, low blood pressure, along with some falls, concussions, a neck injury and a herniated disc according to this)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arghton said:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway?

Only 48 but she has pulmonary fibrosis, diagnosed three years ago.

It's a progressive, terminal illness, no known cure and the average life expectancy of someone with it is 3-5 years. "As the condition progresses, a person with pulmonary fibrosis is at risk of other health complications including heart attack or failure, stroke, pulmonary embolism, and other lung diseases and infections."

She was ill in May but currently attending events. However, as mentioned here, "The disease may get worse quickly (over months) or very slowly (over years)"

Has also had some health problems in the past (pneumonia, several instances of norovirus, low blood pressure, along with some falls, concussions, a neck injury and a herniated disc according to this)

Norway has a history of the crown princess dying before her husband accedes to the throne. 

I suggest Zayn Malik is a decent bet for a drug or suicide death next year.

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Hah, I see, him and Gigi Hadid split up. And well, his last UK Top Ten hit was 4 years ago. But then, he has a child now and should still be somewhat rich? You know, there'll be several One Direction reunion tours in the next decades.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Hah, I see, him and Gigi Hadid split up. And well, his last UK Top Ten hit was 4 years ago. But then, he has a child now and should still be somewhat rich? You know, there'll be several One Direction reunion tours in the next decades.

It’s been rumoured for a while he is still hooked on drugs and this feels like it might simply increase his drug use. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Source? 

I knew he was a user, and this seems to be particularly highlighted in tabloid sources 2014 through 2018, but I don’t see anything about him being an addict or ever contemplating suicide/being in an Amy Winehouse or Pete Doherty state.

On 27/10/2021 at 18:45, gcreptile said:

Currently 17 over par after his first round and last by 8 shots.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Source? 

I knew he was a user, and this seems to be particularly highlighted in tabloid sources 2014 through 2018, but I don’t see anything about him being an addict or ever contemplating suicide/being in an Amy Winehouse or Pete Doherty state.

There are lot of blind gossip rumours about him. And the latest incident has whiff of being drug and/or drink influenced.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

There are lot of blind gossip rumours about him. And the latest incident has whiff of being drug and/or drink influenced.

There was also gossip that Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles were shagging. 

The internet is full of rubbish and you lap it up like a kitten to milk.