msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

16 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There was also gossip that Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles were shagging. 

The internet is full of rubbish and you lap it up like a kitten to milk.

Of all the things I expected to see in the first new post on here, that was certainly not it. :D Also, use of the word shagging will have Gooseberry swooning like a Jane Austen character any moment now...

Between the Queen having cancer and the One Direction chap topping himself, I can't wait to see Crem's 2022 teams...

• Haha 4

Ray 'Dracula' Reardon. Turned 89 at the start of the month. One of the first big household names in Snooker. Guaranteed QO from the BBC at the very least

• Like 2

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10144061/Charlotte-Rave-tells-Huntingtons-disease-caused-lose-identity.html

British journalist and author  Charlotte Raven diagnosed with huntingdons disease over a decade ago is someone deadpoolers might want to keep in consideration. Here she has communicated her current situation in the Daily Mail. 

On 27/10/2021 at 19:45, gcreptile said:

Remember last year, I suggested Barry Marshall, a minor UK equestrian with stage iv cancer, who was then picked by two teams, promptly died in January, and didn't really get obits.

Well, this year, I'd like to suggest minor golfer Brian Morris:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-club-pro-in-the-field-at-the-bermuda-championship-is-the-pl

Stage IV brain cancer, spread to esophagus, stomach and neck.

Remember three days ago, I suggested Brian Morris, minor golf player with stage iv cancer. Well now I suggest Michael Graydon, Irish Poker Player with lifetime earnings of over $600.000. He has stage iv brain cancer and "there's nothing the doctors can do":

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2021/10/poker-terminal-cancer-wsop-main-event-40143.htm

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=94758

Just like Brian Morris got to the PGA finals because of cancer, Michael Graydon might just make it to the WSOP finals.

• Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 16:58, arghton said:

Igor Kirillov, USSR Central Television news anchor who read the death announcements of Soviet leaders Brezhnev, Andropov and Chernenko is still alive and will be 89 later this year.

This was the one for Chernenko.

Igor Kirillov has died, aged 89. Chernenko isn't returning the favour.

• Like 2

Sir John Hall property developer and former owner and chairman of Newcastle United and various other sports clubs in the area. 88 and has had prostate cancer for the last 10 years or so. Would be almost certain he'll get a Times and Telegraph obit at least

11 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Sir John Hall property developer and former owner and chairman of Newcastle United and various other sports clubs in the area. 88 and has had prostate cancer for the last 10 years or so. Would be almost certain he'll get a Times and Telegraph obit at least

Also a bit of a politico. Very big Conservative Party donor which should help him get a Telegraph obituary! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thadee said:

Justin Bieber enters 27 club in 2022

He has since Mars... 

Mitzi Gaynor and her co-star in the Cuckor’s movie « Girls » Taina Elg will turn 91 and 92 in 2022

edit : I forgot to put the name of her co-star

On 12/03/2021 at 09:32, Bibliogryphon said:

I do this every year (for the past eight years)

Listed below are 20 old people who have not made an appearance in the DDP in the past eight years. The age group is narrow 78-82 so might be more use of where will we be in five years time but some might be useful for theme teams. 

When cross referencing the entire DDP rosta against my reserve list of 1100 names there is always the possibility of errors creeping in especially where people are listed in strange ways (normally by title)

1.       Robert Swindells             Writer (b.1939)

2.       Tony Hatch                       Composer (b.1939)

3.       John Gummer                  Politician (b.1939)

4.       Margaret Drabble           Writer (b.1939)

5.       Jack Cunningham            Politician (b.1939)

6.       Peter S. Beagle                Writer (b.1939)

7.       David Hope                      Archbishop (b.1940)

8.       Clive Doig                         TV Producer (b.1940)

9.       Pauline Collins                 Actress (b.1940)

10.   Esther Ofarim                  Singer (b.1941)

11.   Sue McGregor                 Journalist (b.1941)

12.   Eden Kane                        Singer (b.1941)

13.   Lynley Dodd                     Writer (b.1941)

14.   Stephen Yardley              Actor (b.1942)

15.   Wilf Lunn                          Presenter (b.1942)

16.   Calvin Klein                       Designer (b.1942)

17.   Judith Hann                      Presenter (b.1942)

18.   Peter Greenaway            Director (b.1942)

19.   Frank Field                        Politician (b.1942)

20.   John Challis                      Actor (b.1942)

It is interesting to note the Grim Reaper seems to be working through this list in reverse order

Is it time to get Peter Greenaway on a list?

• Like 1

Has been "ill" since he was put into jail. June 2020 he said that he'll be "dead in 2-3 months"

Seems like he is actually ill this time but how ill exactly? He was diagnosed with prostate cancer before this year but now it's "agressive"

On 22/10/2021 at 00:19, time said:

I'm surprised not to see Brigitte Bardot mentioned.

Let's change that.

3 hours ago, markb4 said:

Not sure which thread to post this in, but Joe Exotic of Tiger King fame has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/04/us/joe-exotic-tiger-king-prostate-cancer/index.html

Just in time for S2 on Netflix.

Elke Sommer turns 81 today. As one of the last surviving cast members of A Shot In The Dark and And Then There Were None among other films, she may well be worth considering for the 2022 DL. No recent health information, just a hunch 2022 may be her year and that she’ll go at the age of 81. I really hope I’m wrong but then again my Yaphet Kotto hunch turned out to be correct and he was 81......

• Like 2

In case not already mentioned, famous French singer Jacques Dutronc deserves some serious consideration for the 2022 DL. Dutronc is reportedly in failing health like Françoise Hardy (who has been discussed on this forum as another possible contender for the 2022 DL numerous times). 

https://news.in-24.com/lifestyle/news/77303.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

New Channel 5 documentary on 70s music and Don McLean looks like utter shite.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Has to be on the DL if he makes it

Yeah. Can’t say I would be sad if he didn’t make it till then through.

7 hours ago, arghton said:

https://english.radio.cz/doctor-zeman-suffering-chronic-liver-disease-8733279

Milos Zeman's diagnosis is "chronic liver disease", incurable.

To make this a little stronger of a case, compensated chronic liver disease typically has a 12-year median survival. Seems as though the kind he has is decompensated as it was reported he was suffering from liver encephalopathy and that’s the conclusion my limited reading brought me to. Brings the median survival down to 2 years. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Martin Bell doesn’t sound like he is in great health atm. 

Why? Because he’s acknowledged that he’s 83 and therefore probably too old to run as an MP again? I’d call that common sense.

I suppose you think he has cancer too? :rolleyes:

• Like 1