msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

Vitabiotics use Martin Bell to promote their 70+ Wellman products on the London Underground. If he didn’t have a good bill of health, I doubt they’d have chosen him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Would June Lockhart be likely to receive a Q/O when she dies?

Facepalm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Facepalm.

Now, now, drol, how can any of us know if the female lead in one of the biggest international hits of the 60s, which is still a pop culture meme today, would QO? 

who?

• Haha 1

Not sure where to put this, but I was re-watching Firefly and saw the guy who played Niska (Michael Fairman) is still alive at 87.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2021 at 10:23, gcreptile said:

Remember three days ago, I suggested Brian Morris, minor golf player with stage iv cancer. Well now I suggest Michael Graydon, Irish Poker Player with lifetime earnings of over $600.000. He has stage iv brain cancer and "there's nothing the doctors can do":

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2021/10/poker-terminal-cancer-wsop-main-event-40143.htm

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=94758

Just like Brian Morris got to the PGA finals because of cancer, Michael Graydon might just make it to the WSOP finals.

I have to make a correction, file this under....oops...

Michael Graydon, the Irish poker player, is not the Michael Graydon, poker player with terminal brain cancer....

Sorry! I think this is a bit of a disqualification for most pools.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I have to make a correction, file this under....oops...

Michael Graydon, the Irish poker player, is not the Michael Graydon, poker player with terminal brain cancer....

Sorry! I think this is a bit of a disqualification for most pools.

After crowdfunding his way to the big poker tournament, he got beat in the very first round by sounds of it. I can bow to folk who know poker better like Spade but this sounds like he was a nobody?

54 minutes ago, msc said:

After crowdfunding his way to the big poker tournament, he got beat in the very first round by sounds of it. I can bow to folk who know poker better like Spade but this sounds like he was a nobody?

He was a nobody - FFBI - he'd been to WSOP or similar before but super minor placing.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, pretty much, I guess.

Here are their WSOP websites:

https://www.wsop.com/players/profile/?playerid=65091

https://www.wsop.com/players/profile/?playerid=112037

Honestly, both didn't do very well, but the Ireland one had significant earnings outside of the WSOP. And online.

• Like 1

Thought I'd mention this one, for pools. I've mentioned him in two posts before but never in a post dedicated to him:

Cesar Virata (1930-)

cesarvirata.png.392fb81fbf51d6058ad699af3a0b7d40.png (picture from 2016)

Prime Minister of the Philippines 1981-1986 (and the last living Prime Minister) during the tenure of Ferdinand Marcos and the Minister of Finance 1970-1986 (called his "Business Tsar") for most of the dictatorship.

He has looked horrible for atleast a decade. Had a stroke around April 2020 followed by covid and pneumonia, but is still alive and will be 91 next month.

This is likely to be nothing but I am still putting this out there. Its strange that Joel Coen is suddenly directing a movie without his brother Ethan. For those who don't who I am on about maybe The Coen Brothers might ring a bell for you.

Is Michael Portillo unwell? He looks awful here from this photo today. 

FEBALbQWUAYNFYr.jpeg.jpg

11 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

No, he doesn't. He looks like a man in his 69th year.

He was on the telly last week giving an interview. Looked and sounded fine.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

FEBALbQWUAYNFYr.jpeg.jpg

His dress sense is awful and he resembles Timmy Mallet, but other than that, he looks absolutely fine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

No, he doesn't. He looks like a man in his 69th year.

He was on the telly last week giving an interview. Looked and sounded fine.

I thought his mouth looked very lopsided like someone who has had a stroke. 

55 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

FEBALbQWUAYNFYr.jpeg.jpg

Do you think he's going to jump out that window later tonight?

On 10/11/2021 at 19:38, Charles De Gaulle said:

This is likely to be nothing but I am still putting this out there. Its strange that Joel Coen is suddenly directing a movie without his brother Ethan. For those who don't who I am on about maybe The Coen Brothers might ring a bell for you.

He said a few months ago Ethan is fed up of film making. If he is I’ll then It’s suspect is something more long term than something that will kill quite quickly. 

13 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Berry Gordy, Motown founder and Diana Ross former's partner turns 92 in two weeks. DL worthy or not ?

Definitely, I'd say.

• Like 3

Is he ill though? He got the Kennedy Center gong this year and is due to attend the ceremony next year. Keep off the List for a while I reckon.

20 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Is he ill though? He got the Kennedy Center gong this year and is due to attend the ceremony next year. Keep off the List for a while I reckon.

He seems in good health for his age but at that age decline can be sudden. But for next year I think unless news comes out of health problems he can be missed off. 

I fully expect when he dies he will get a BBC News alert from their app which to me makes someone automatically deathlisty as that doesn’t happen that frequently. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Redrumours said:

Do you think he's going to jump out that window later tonight?

I did pick him in the Scavanger Hunt IV Deadpool.

• Like 1