msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

Longtime New York congressman Jerrold Nadler is talking about retiring. He has looked a bit sickly in recent photographs.

I wonder what pools would accept Maria Holly (Buddy’s widow) as a contender. It’s debatable if she is famous enough for the DDP what with the crackdown on famous for being related to genuine famous peoplebut she feels a certain Q/O when she goes. 

56 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I wonder what pools would accept Maria Holly (Buddy’s widow) as a contender. It’s debatable if she is famous enough for the DDP what with the crackdown on famous for being related to genuine famous peoplebut she feels a certain Q/O when she goes. 

FWIW she is fine with me as a DDP pick as she is an interesting historical link that has been in the public eye for decades as a guard of Buddy Holly's legacy, has been portrayed in Buddy Holly-focused films/plays, etc. Bit different from the sister of XYZ type picks who are unknown to the public until their terminal illness.

24 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

FWIW she is fine with me as a DDP pick as she is an interesting historical link that has been in the public eye for decades as a guard of Buddy Holly's legacy, has been portrayed in Buddy Holly-focused films/plays, etc. Bit different from the sister of XYZ type picks who are unknown to the public until their terminal illness.

She will certainly be someone who a lot of people will say - ‘I thought she had gone years ago’ - when their read her obituary. 

• Like 1

Also, the 14th Daila Lama Tenzin Gyatso turns 87 next year. Not in an immediate danger but one to keep an eye on for next years. 

12 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Also, the 14th Daila Lama Tenzin Gyatso turns 87 next year. Not in an immediate danger but one to keep an eye on for next years. 

Still in decent, would maybe even say great condition. Atleast comparing to Tutu.

6 hours ago, arghton said:

Still in decent, would maybe even say great condition. Atleast comparing to Tutu.

And now the Dalai Liama is going to drop dead within a week. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

And now the Dalai Liama is going to drop dead within a week. 

Oh, I hope not.  He seems to be such a jolly fellow.

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, I hope not.  He seems to be such a jolly fellow.

Yes, but on the bright side, how often do we get to see reincarnation these days?

:D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Yes, but on the bright side, how often do we get to see reincarnation these days?

:D

Chances are he'd be reincarnated as a miserable little tosser though.

How about Henry Silva?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

How about Henry Silva?

I've been keeping an eye on him. Wouldn't be mad about his inclusion on the list but I doubt he would even match the DL standards and criterias… 

He'd definitely get a QO 

20 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

He'd definitely get a QO 

From the Mail, Sun and Mirror I’d expect. Not sure he would make the BBC or the broadsheets. 

James Bolam from the Likely Lads, New Tricks etc... 86  last June

Will probably get an QO nearly everywhere in the UK media

• Like 1

I think we going to get a shock death in the coming months of someone very young and famous enough to dominate the British tabloids for days

Enes Kanter-  The  NBA player has been outspoken against President Erodgan and would be imprisoned if he went back to his native Turkey due to his political activism.  He has also criticized the Chinese Govt and called the leader of that country a brutal dictator and led protests in the Usa to stop the Uyghur slavery/genocide in that country.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Enes Kanter-  The  NBA player has been outspoken against President Erodgan and would be imprisoned if he went back to his native Turkey due to his political activism.  He has also criticized the Chinese Govt and called the leader of that country a brutal dictator and led protests in the Usa to stop the Uyghur slavery/genocide in that country.

One of the few players with a spine in China's favorite league, apparently.

As discussed in comedian section. Janey Godley ill with Ovarian Cancer. Ill enough to currently be in hospital. Pick for next year?

9 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

As discussed in comedian section. Janey Godley ill with Ovarian Cancer. Ill enough to currently be in hospital. Pick for next year?

Famous enough for the DDP, not for DL.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 00:39, The Old Crem said:

I think we going to get a shock death in the coming months of someone very young and famous enough to dominate the British tabloids for days

Lindsay Lohan? Justin Bieber?

16 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Lindsay Lohan? Justin Bieber?

Both of them seem to have pretty stable lives now.