msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

Hasn't been mentioned in these threads for 6 years - Hazel McCallion.

Just now, Dying Probably said:

Would she even get an DDP obit? Canadian’s don’t get news coverage that much. 

45 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Video from last month: Can still stand and walk without a cane and did a five-minute speech while standing at around 16:00 (didn't need much aid to stand). In a great condition for a centenarian, however things might change suddenly.

Not sure where to put this.

Carlos Santana (age 74) of the famed band Santana canceled the remaining shows of 2021 due to an unscheduled heart procedure last Saturday (Nov. 27th). Supposedly starting shows back up in January, I've attached his statement.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/carlos-santana-cancels-december-las-vegas-residency-heart-procedure-1265677/

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Carlos Santana (age 74) of the famed band Santana

what's next, "Jon Bon Jovi of the famed band Bon Jovi..."?

5 hours ago, Banana said:

what's next, "Jon Bon Jovi of the famed band Bon Jovi..."?

Some younger posters may not even have heard of Santana and so would not make the connection

To be fair some of the lucky ones may not have heard of Jon Bon Jovi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I'm still watching Peter Jackson's Get Back. While doing a bit of research I find that Michael Lindsay-Hogg who directed the original documentary is still alive. He will be 82 next year. Not done anything notable for a few years now.

37 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I'm still watching Peter Jackson's Get Back. While doing a bit of research I find that Michael Lindsay-Hogg who directed the original documentary is still alive. He will be 82 next year. Not done anything notable for a few years now.

He was interviewed last week on the Today programme

Lucid and with it

From Wrestling, Jim Ross currently undergoing aggressive radiation treatment for skin cancer and has reported having two areas cut out of his back over and above the nasty bit on his ankle. Also Jake Roberts reportedly not in great health. Both under 70 (JR turns 70 on January 3rd). Worth considering?

On 01/12/2021 at 21:30, MortalCaso said:

Not sure where to put this.

Carlos Santana (age 74) of the famed band Santana canceled the remaining shows of 2021 due to an unscheduled heart procedure last Saturday (Nov. 27th). Supposedly starting shows back up in January, I've attached his statement.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/carlos-santana-cancels-december-las-vegas-residency-heart-procedure-1265677/

He’s got to change his evil ways

On 01/01/2021 at 00:41, GEMINEYE said:

Jeff Bridges, James Caan, George Alagiah, Tom Parker, Olivia Newton John, James Whale, Bill Turnbull...all names that should've been on the '21 list, but if they last the year, must be shoe ins for '22.

Currently sitting at Nil hits out of 7.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Remission, old but never confirmed ill, clearly a top 2022 pick, remission, not ill enough yet seemingly, another big 2022 pick, maybe a 2022 pick. In order. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

And nobody is more surprised than me. Still 27 days to go though...

11133757-f-sionil-jose_cover_1280x853.thumb.jpeg.29f16682aebbc9d62fd5b844364ed672.jpeg

Filipino writer Francisco Sionil Jose is 97 today. He's one of the most known Filipino writers in English language but his works have also been translated into 28 other languages. Doesn't seem like he has been mentioned here before. 

1 hour ago, msc said:

Remission, old but never confirmed ill, clearly a top 2022 pick, remission, not ill enough yet seemingly, another big 2022 pick, maybe a 2022 pick. In order. :D

I agree with all the others but I would say Parker is more not Ill enough yet. Remission to me is when the cancer could come back but might not - his cancer is still there so will grow again but it might be a few years till he passes away. 

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I agree with all of the, but I would say Parker’s is more not Ill enough yet. Remission to me is when the cancer could come back but might not - his cancer is still there so will come back but it might be a few years. 

Glio has a rep for swinging back hard when people think its under control so Parker could be crucial in 2022, whichever way his health goes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, msc said:

Glio has a rep for swinging back hard when people think its under control so Parker could be crucial in 2022, whichever way his health goes.

That’s why I don’t think he will be shifting from my lists and teams. 

But I will be very shocked if he ever made the main list. 

I honestly can’t call many debuts on the main list. I wouldn’t even be shocked if extremely famous and terminally Ill Pele misses out. 

37 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

That’s why I don’t think he will be shifting from my lists and teams. 

But I will be very shocked if he ever made the main list. 

I honestly can’t call many debuts on the main list. I wouldn’t even be shocked if extremely famous and terminally Ill Pele misses out. 

The only ill name I thought was a cert died today!

Maybe James Whale, he felt so Cmme friendly that surely they wont skip him twice.

Not ill, just old, but I have a feeling one of Hackman/Eastwood/Duvall will make their debut, but that all 3 will eventually be on the list till they die.

• Like 2

Ex England rugby player and commentator Nigel Starmer Smith looks a stick on certainty sadly

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, msc said:

The only ill name I thought was a cert died today!

Maybe James Whale, he felt so Cmme friendly that surely they wont skip him twice.

Not ill, just old, but I have a feeling one of Hackman/Eastwood/Duvall will make their debut, but that all 3 will eventually be on the list till they die.

Of those three Hackman feels like he is most likely to be first to go.

I wasn’t fully convinced Sher was going to be added - if none of the committee are theatre fans he might not have seen famous enough.

9 minutes ago, Camerooney said:

Ex England rugby player and commentator Nigel Starmer Smith looks a stick on certainty sadly

Actually I had Starmer-Smith on my longlist since Willz pointed out he had dementia earlier this year. My memory of him was always a fairly robust guy, imposing confident presence, TV regular not so long ago. This is from the BBC this week.

Bloody hell.

starmer_smith_nov_2021.png

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Camerooney said:

Is he famous enough ? I will say yes but I am not sure they will choose him. 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2021 at 17:33, msc said:

Actually I had Starmer-Smith on my longlist since Willz pointed out he had dementia earlier this year. My memory of him was always a fairly robust guy, imposing confident presence, TV regular not so long ago. This is from the BBC this week.

Bloody hell.

starmer_smith_nov_2021.png

He's also lost his wife and two children to cancer.  

• Sad 1