Merlyl Streep [Cancer]

Pamela  Anderson [Cancer]

Your not a fan I take it?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Your not a fan I take it?!

Not of this thread. No.

• Haha 1

Apparently, Meryl Streep's type is Stage Left Method Cancer.

:P

I think Meryl Streep could die from a heart attack if Frances McDormand beats her to the fourth acting Oscar.

• Haha 4

Underground film director Kenneth Anger (b. 1927) needs to be seriously considered for next year. I get a "runner-up at the local Kirk Douglas lookalike contest" kind of vibe from him nowadays. Looks every bit of his age, even though not sure how how old he is in these photos. Well, he ain't getting any younger.

mlfrNR3.jpg

hIlhvjp.jpg

WOh0RpR.jpg

Video from 2019: https://worldofwonder.net/iconic-filmmaker-kenneth-anger-dressed-in-various-gucci-lewks-is-interviewed-at-the-chateau-marmont/

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Redrumours said:

Tom Cruise [Cancer]

Sylvester Stallone [Cancer]

Elon Musk [Cancer]

Tom Hanks [Cancer]

Merlyl Streep [Cancer]

Pamela  Anderson [Cancer]

I agree that Tom Cruise is cancer, but there is enough botox and Scientology in him for cancer to reject him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Likely new additions to the 2022 DL

George Alagiah (has spreading bowel cancer) 

Milos Zeman (diabetes, was in ICU this year, had COVID)

Glynis Johns (99 next October, in nursing home)

Ray Illingworth (oesophagus cancer, almost 90, widower)

Douglas Hurd (turning 92 soon, gone very quiet)

Giorgio Napolitano (very old)

Mahathir Mohamad (very old)

Silvio Berlusconi (in and out of the hospital throughout 2021, had COVID)

Françoise Hardy (admits she is dying, wants assisted dying, can no longer sing because of her cancer treatment) 

Jiang Zemin (reportedly ill, old, out of public eye)

Pelé (colon tumour, was in ICU, admitted he is dying)

Joan Plowright (92, blind, very Deathlisty name) 

Bobby Charlton (dementia, very Deathlisty name)

Noam Chomsky (old) 

Patricia Routledge (old)

Martti Ahtisaari (Alzheimer’s)

Bill Clinton (had sepsis a few months ago)

Peter Tobin (reportedly ill, a potential no. 50 spot)

Likely Returnees

Sandy Gall (old, keeping a bit too quiet)

David Attenborough (just very old)

Cleo Laine (old, keeping out of the public eye)  

Mikhail Gorbachev (been in and out of hospital for years, almost 91 years old)

Desmond Tutu (The Committee like this pick)

Jerry Lee Lewis (Ill, had a stroke in 2019)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/05/2021 at 21:33, gcreptile said:

Someone has to post it...

Love Island's Demi Jones has thyroid cancer:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9601009/Love-Islands-Demi-Jones-reveals-thyroid-cancer.html

A golf ball sized tumour had apparently been growing since 2019 and has now been surgically removed.

Demi Jones update. Love Island star Demi Jones announces she is cancer free - BBC News

• Like 1

Found out that Dabney Coleman is still alive and is nearly 90 years old. Best known for his roles in The Towering Inferno and 9 To 5, but I remember him for his role in the 1983 film WarGames.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Found out that Dabney Coleman is still alive and is nearly 90 years old. Best known for his roles in The Towering Inferno and 9 To 5, but I remember him for his role in the 1983 film WarGames.

Another role I remember him for is as one of the nastier murderers in the 90s revival of Peter Falk Has Alzheimer's Columbo, when he strangles his much younger pop star wife. The 90s Columbo episodes are a very mixed bag, but that one's a good one, and Coleman convincingly plays a complete bastard in it.

EDIT - Huh, he's also the voice of the Principal in Recess? That, I didn't know!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

I loved him in the 80's film Cloak and Dagger.  Probably my favourite film when I was growing up

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think an unvaccinated footballer will die in 2022. 

It is actually the vaccinated ones that are having the chest issues if you want a bit of anti vaxxer ammunition.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

It is actually the vaccinated ones that are having the chest issues if you want a bit of anti vaxxer ammunition.

I just get this feeling we going to get a big anti vaxed death of an footballer. 

31 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

It's going to come out eventually that the vaccine interacts poorly with some form of PED. Which is why a bunch of bodybuilders have carked it this year from heart issues. Obviously football clubs won't want anyone to know how much "special medicine" they're taking off the pitch....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I just get this feeling we going to get a big anti vaxed death of an footballer. 

giphy.gif.7f2fd61ec0327badf4ff7d203e93dacb.gif

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Chest issues? Now you are talkin. My last bird had......

In light of his current hospitalisation and now knowing he has had heart attacks and bypass surgeries, I’m starting to think 96-year-old Mahathir Mohamad might be a good contender after all for the 2022 DL.

• Like 4

Monty Norman will be 94 next year. He created the James Bond theme music, so he will definitely get a qualifying obit. Thus, he should be considered for the 2022 DL, he would be deathlisty enough. 

• Like 1

Robert Blake (b. 1933) has been a Youtuber for the past 3 years. The videos in the web series are titled "I ain't dead yet, so stay tuned". The most recent video is from 15 December and only has the following scrolling text: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7YhBChE-fY

"Hi gang,

This is the old cowboy himself talking to you. I've been preoccupied with being old. In other words, trips to the doctors, trips to the hospital and this and that. But God handed the ball back to me and I'm OK. And I give thanks that I'm OK in time to give you a little holiday treat."

Then Blake plugs his autobiography and writes "if I was there, I'd give you a big kiss on the mouth, boy, girl, or anything in-between".

Ummm, alrighty then...:rolleyes:

He closes out thes message with "That's it for now, unless the big boss calls me to his table for all the holidays to come".

While we don't know the cause for his hospitalization, and he seems to be stable for now, you can never rule out recurrence of ailment at age 88. The video preceding this one was in August, so this issue must have gone on for a few months.

• Like 4

For 2022 I would add

* Former Peruvian president Alberto Fujimori who is quite sick

* Former Italian president Giorgio Napolitano who will turn 97 years old in june 2022 and suffered of heart disease a few years ago. Actually he is the longest former linving president of Italy.

• Like 2

Warren Buffet as an outside bet. Of an age and dodgy health in recent years.

• Like 1

French former news anchor Jean-Pierre Pernaut (aged 71) after a prostatic cancer in 2018, has announced that he has got a double lung cancer. First lung this summer with a surgery to cut a part of his lung, and just after that, tumors on his second lung. He's currently under radiotherapy

• Shocked 1

So, long shot etc. etc. but I'd advise keeping an eye on the increasingly erratic creature that is Jezza Corbyn's big brother. Arrested today for - potentially - insighting physical attacks on the offices of those conspicuously more successful in politics than he ever was (so that's upping the ante from the days when he simply turned up at Labour events and screamed in the faces of delegates, then). I actually got within a few yards of him this year and he looks rough (lips weren't exactly a pink colour and this was a warm day as he railed anti-vaxxing rhetoric into a megaphone in front of, ooohhh, at least 19 devotees). Anyway, the extent to which he and a full deck were ever in the same room is debateable and he's a random enough activist that he may just piss off truly dangerous types, and - frankly - I didn't think he looked that well physically for a 74 year old when I saw him. 

Latest goings on:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59717571

Piers_Corbyn_London_Mayor_Announcement.p

• Like 3