msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

I have a feeling there's going to be some exceptionally big or iconic names from the world of music to die in 2022.

Names I would throw into the ring for consideration  would be Bill Wyman,  Tina Turner and Eric Clapton. 

9 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I have a feeling there's going to be some exceptionally big or iconic names from the world of music to die in 2022.

Names I would throw into the ring for consideration  would be Bill Wyman,  Tina Turner and Eric Clapton. 

Good shout with Tina Turner 

• Thanks 1

Tina seems to be doing pretty well. There’s a 2021 face to face interview of her on YouTube. Another few years left I reckon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, msc said:

Given you are on the Cmme, we'd hope so, else this post is a bit Jack Palance in Shane.

"You all saw him, he picked a FFBI pick..."

:D

(Yes, before any pedants reply, I do know Bill Hicks made that entire story up. It's still funny.)

Good point, and personally, I am more a "no" on the fame question, but there are other pools as well.

On 24/12/2021 at 12:02, Ulitzer95 said:

Tina seems to be doing pretty well. There’s a 2021 face to face interview of her on YouTube. Another few years left I reckon.

Yeah, I thought she was a good pick last year (or was it the previous year?) when she had recently had a transplant and her son had died, but she got past that and she does look good for now, I think.  I won't be adding her to my 2022 List.  

• Like 1

Vic Elford

Richard Petty

Queen Elizabeth

Milos Zeman

Sinead O'Connor

Bill Clinton

Betty White

Michael Gambon

Maggie Smith

Chi Chi Rodriguez

Pele, nailed on for 2022

• Like 1

On 24/12/2021 at 19:35, Toggsy said:

Good shout with Tina Turner 

Yea, hell of a voice.

• Haha 2

On 21/12/2021 at 18:23, arghton said:

larryholley.thumb.jpg.85d806a714690a51b759e9b5d670ceed.jpg

Recent picture of Larry Holley (Buddy Holly's older brother, 96) posted on that facebook page.

• Haha 1

On 24/12/2021 at 14:13, Joey Russ said:

Definitely not dead, posted a little over a half hour ago: 

Fuck Tim Bilton, the fraud.  

Bilton isn’t frauding, just that his treatment is working for him for now and as such he’s pretty stable. 
You know what time of year this is though. It’s time to reveal which survivors that I am definitely cutting for next year. So here’s the list:

Ady Barkan - yeah, he’s going into outlier territory for ALS. Now, whether it’s going more with the Frates timeline or even longer than that I don’t know, but I can’t really be bothered with him.

Tim Bilton - kind of explained his situation above. Stable, cancer will kill him but no idea when, kinda dull pick anyways. 
Gary Burgess - every post he seems closer to death, obviously a good drop

Maria Farmer - massive punt pick for the year, obviously didn’t end up working. Just read too much into social media obviously 

Jeffrey Foskett - Definitely a drop I could regret. However, I did find that he has returned to performing recently, so my guess is that his cancer is a bit stable

Tom Parker - I’m gonna be honest, I don’t think that year and a half timeline that was previously given for glioblastoma is accurate anymore. In fact, I only picked him this year as a defensive pick. That, and the fact he’s stable and the fact he’s still quite young, and yeah, don’t really think he’s going anytime soon. Still, definitely don’t ignore him entirely, he could definitely take a downturn in a few years. Or maybe he’ll end up spiting me this time. 
Miguel Van Damme - his cancer keeps returning but nothing really gets the vibe of final cancel battle yet. Still, highly doubt he sees 40 though. 

Given I'm non-competing and have no reason to hold my cards close to my chest anymore, here's my four drops as well. Note that the combined forces of Bayh, Hogh, and Zoll continue my msc-esque curse of at least one name dying the year I drop them, so one of the four below is now guaranteed to die next year, probably the 104 year old...

Ady Barkan - Can't be arsed to invest myself in the ALS picks anymore

Tim Bilton - Stable and bland

Art Rupe, Shintaro Tsuji - The goal was moreso to have them on the DDP to begin with, rather than specifically hits for me, if that makes sense. Certainly hope to see them remain on the DDP via other teams, especially as I'd be writing their obits if they go!

On 24/12/2021 at 15:18, The Doctor said:

What do you all think about Alice Munro? The Canadian author and Nobel Prize will turn 91 next year (10th of July) and she had a cancer and heart problems back in October 2009.

Definitely. 

On 24/12/2021 at 16:03, ladyfiona said:

Might be good to put Jane Goodall for a possiblity. She is 87 years old and getting on a bit.

She was exceptionally pretty in her youth.

On 24/12/2021 at 19:24, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sly Stone is 79 next year. He hasn't made a major public appearance for some 15 years, he has lived a chaotic life and was reported to be homeless ten years ago. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Sly Stone is 79 next year. He hasn't made a major public appearance for some 15 years, he has lived a chaotic life and was reported to be homeless ten years ago. 

Could be a good shout.

I think original EastEnders  cast member  Bill  Treacher who played the legendary Arthur Fowler  is worth both deadpoolers and committee  members considering. 

91 years old , I believe if I recall  correctly  he has ataxia or something similar making  him prone to falls.

Also fellow EastEnders actor Peter  Dean inadvertently  revealed in a soap podcast  interview  that he used to talk regularly with Bill on the phone but now he just mainly speaks with members of Bills  family who tell him how Bill is.  Suggests health wise a possible  decline and Bill ain't  up to even brief phonecalls  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think original EastEnders  cast member  Bill  Treacher who played the legendary Arthur Fowler  is worth both deadpoolers and committee  members considering. 

91 years old , I believe if I recall  correctly  he has ataxia or something similar making  him prone to falls.

Also fellow EastEnders actor Peter  Dean inadvertently  revealed in a soap podcast  interview  that he used to talk regularly with Bill on the phone but now he just mainly speaks with members of Bills  family who tell him how Bill is.  Suggests health wise a possible  decline and Bill ain't  up to even brief phonecalls  

Treacher has felt DLy for years (hell, they had his missus in 2009) and was wheelchair bound and frail, so yeah, good shout.

Peter Dean feels destined to be one of these people on the List of the Missed one year and some newbie goes "Oh why did the DL miss them?" only for 5 people to go "Because he keeled over on his fucking allotment you utter Nicholas Witchell!" Or words like that.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, msc said:

Treacher has felt DLy for years (hell, they had his missus in 2009) and was wheelchair bound and frail, so yeah, good shout.

Peter Dean feels destined to be one of these people on the List of the Missed one year and some newbie goes "Oh why did the DL miss them?" only for 5 people to go "Because he keeled over on his fucking allotment you utter Nicholas Witchell!" Or words like that.

As long as I still enter the DDP he won’t be on the DDP list of the missed as he will be on my Eastenders theme team until he dies. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msc said:

Elizabeth Kelly who played Nellie Ellis in the 90s, turned 100 this year. Also Harry Landis who played Felix Kawalski and appeared a couple of times in Friday Night Dinner as Nan’s boyfriend, aged 90.

Non-soap names worthy of consideration for next year -

James Lovelock

Desmond Morris

James Whale

LQ Jones 

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Don't forget Leonard Fenton.Another original cast member and resident of Denville Hall.96 next April.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would Philippe de Gaulle pass the famousness test? I wouldn’t have thought so but Bill Gates’ dad’s appearance makes me wonder.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Don't forget Leonard Fenton.Another original cast member and resident of Denville Hall.96 next April.

Indeed well spotted. Also Mona Hammond aka Blossom Jackson, turns 91 on NY Day