msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

The Krankies are still alive

Damn!

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Dying at 87 is unexpected? :rolleyes:

Well, I said "relatively unexpected". He was prominent on TV up until recently and we know of no illness or the like. It would be a big story. 

8 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I think we need another convicted murderer on the list. 

Robert Durst? Russell Bishop?

• Like 1

Robert Solow, Una Kay, Tom Conti, Michael Sindelnikoff, Dustin Hoffman

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Dennis Waterman might be a  fair shout as well.

Might as well go for Amanda Redman as well while we're at it!

Some french ideas :     Pierre Soulages ( 101y ) , paintor, sculptor " The paintor of black " 

Jean-Luc Godard ( 91y ) , director of the French new wave in the 50-60s

Just Fontaine (88 y ) , footballer, top scorer in a single world cup in history

Jean-Marie Le Pen ( 93 y) , political neo nazi 

Line Renaud ( 93 y ) , singer, actress

Jacques Delors ( 96 y ) , former President of the European Commission

• Like 2

Wouldn’t describe Le Pen as a neo-Nazi, but certainly far-right.

Patricia Routledge maybe, she’s in her 90s now.

1 hour ago, vvmax said:

Wouldn’t describe Le Pen as a neo-Nazi, but certainly far-right.

Patricia Routledge maybe, she’s in her 90s now.

Neo-nazi is not too much when talking about Le Pen considering he publicly described concentration camp during WWII as « a minor point of detail » and refuted the existence of it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Neo-nazi is not too much when talking about Le Pen considering he publicly described concentration camp during WWII as « a minor point of detail » and refuted the existence of it. 

That doesn't make him a Neo-Nazi either, it just makes him a cunt.

• Like 1

The new social media Trump vehicle with 1 billion dollar funding, Truth Social will rely on external funding and may need to be moderated. Good luck there.

On 05/12/2021 at 16:38, Bentrovato said:

The Krankies are still alive

Fandabidozi! B)

• Haha 1

Just a few names to throw into the mix for deadpoolers consideration when putting together their teams 

Cissy Houston

Piper Laurie 

James D Watson 

Baroness Jill Knight 

Lord Tebbit

Eileen Derbyshire 

John Prescott 

Lee Majors 

Joel Grey 

Robert Worcester 

Elizabeth Kelly 

Stella Stevens 

Sidney Cooke 

Larry Storch 

Ron Atkinson 

Ethel Kennedy 

• Like 2

German Hollywood actor Hardy Krüger will undoubtedly get a qualifying UK obit when he goes and as he will be 94 next year, he may well be a sensible shout for the 2022 DL. 

• Like 1

For those considering  102 year old  veteran  star of Britain's longest running soap The Archers  the one and only June Spencer  - Here is an up-to-date photo of her with Camilla  the Duchess of Cornwall  celebrating the shows 70th anniversary.  For your consideration to assese when deciding  if to include her in any of your lists or pools. 

I suggested her at start of the year. Lets hope someone takes notice.

José Sarney. He will be 92 next year, passes the famousness test (as he was the President of Brazil) and he was hospitalised last July for pleural effusion.

• Like 1

1. Queen Elizabeth II

2. Jimmy Carter

3. Rosalynn Carter

4. Bill Clinton

5. Betty White

6. Eva Marie Saint

7. Bob Barker

8. Bob Newhart

9. Barbara Eden

10. Marla Gibbs

11. Norman Lear

12. Dick Van Dyke

13. Glynis Johns

14. Sidney Poitier

15. Harry Belafonte

16. Pope Benedict XVI

17. Joanne Woodward

18. Estelle Harris

19. Tony Bennett

20. Mel Brooks

21. Angela Lansbury

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Facepalm 1

French actress, Micheline Presle, will be 100 next year. I would say she would pass the famousness test as she is known fairly well on an international scale and is one of France’s most famous actresses. A potentially good centenarian pick for the 2022 DL.

Just some more suggestions to throw into the cauldron  for deadpoolers  consideration on the very imperfect,  useful only to a point information that the average British person dies at 81 and the average American 78. Obviously overlooks huge complexity in that broad generalisation. 

So brits born in 1941 should in some way maybe  come on the radar  for deadpoolers in 2022 and Americans born in 1944

So 

Alex Ferguson , Miriam Margolyes,  Richard Dawkins,  Juliet Mills,  Bill Oddie, Dame Vivienne Westwood  for Britain 

And 

Diana Ross, George Lucas, Rudy Giuliani,  Gladys Knight , Danny Devito for the US. 

Likely to be of limited use although not quite totally useless but I thought worth adding to the cauldron that gets stirred so much at this time of year!!

7 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Just some more suggestions to throw into the cauldron  for deadpoolers  consideration on the very imperfect,  useful only to a point information that the average British person dies at 81 and the average American 78. Obviously overlooks huge complexity in that broad generalisation. 

So brits born in 1941 should in some way maybe  come on the radar  for deadpoolers in 2022 and Americans born in 1944

So 

Alex Ferguson , Miriam Margolyes,  Richard Dawkins,  Juliet Mills,  Bill Oddie, Dame Vivienne Westwood  for Britain 

And 

Diana Ross, George Lucas, Rudy Giuliani,  Gladys Knight , Danny Devito for the US. 

Likely to be of limited use although not quite totally useless but I thought worth adding to the cauldron that gets stirred so much at this time of year!!

Not really how it works. In the US. If you make it to 75, you basically got another 12 years in you. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Banana said:

Not really how it works. In the US. If you make it to 75, you basically got another 12 years in you. 

Well yes I'm aware it isn't that simple and did indicate that in my post but nor is it as simple as if you live to 75 you have a high chance of living to 87.

Frank Sinatra lived to 75 and died at 82

Jackie Collins lives to 75 and died at 77

Rod Steiger lived to 75 and died aged 77

Bette Davis lived to 75 and died at 81

Elizabeth Taylor lived to 75 and died at  79

Paul Newman lived to 75 and died at 83.

Etc Etc

People do often die at the ages in-between  75 and 87 so the phrase you basically got another 12 years in you  is also  a bit of an oversimplification  too.

I did make a point of saying my pointers, and that's all they were suggestions for further consideration, were imperfect,useful only up to a point, an average that overlooks huge complexity  and a broad generalisation. 

I did strive for nuance within a post that was quick and playful!!