Sign in to follow this  
Weebl

Badly timed deaths

2 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Actually, Allman died at 2:30PM Eastern Time according to reports. Exactly 20 minutes after Ramsey's goal!

Really? Well the news broke out quicker than I thought, I'm used that the family waits a few hours before spilling the beans, a few days even in Leonard Cohen's case.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

I'd argue that it was pretty big. He was the #1 trend on Twitter for hours.

So is Ramsey's victim Allman or Noakes?

Allman, Noakes was sad and died when he found out Peter Falk has passed away...

33 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Allman, Noakes was sad and died when he found out Peter Falk has passed away...

Falk is dead? Damn, that's a shame. Nothing on the BBC yet.

B)

• Like 1

Luther Vandross's death was overshadowed by the Live8 concerts the same day. 

Sick thought of the day: I wonder whose death will be overshadowed by Bradley Lowery.

10 hours ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Especially since the Christmas Market attack in Berlin happened the following night.

Speaking of the Berlin attack, Andrei Karlov's assassination was big news for a couple of hours before Berlin overshadowed it.

• Like 1

David Rockerfeller and Martin McGuinness were only a day apart from each other. McGuinness definitely overshadowed Rocky in the UK and Ireland.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 13:46, Deathtreat23 said:

Especially since the Christmas Market attack in Berlin happened the following night.

Forgot about that one....too many attacks recently so I guess it's a part of normal life now...

• Thanks 1

Peter Sallis was quite badly timed happening on the same weekend as yet more terrorist attacks.

Rick Rude died on the same day as Columbine as well.

Warren Mitchell's demise barely got coverage because of the Paris attacks the previous night. 

Jerry Lewis will overshadow Dick Gregory's death in the US. Bruce Forsyth will overshadow both of them in the UK I'm pretty sure. Certainly worth mentioning on here...

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Jerry Lewis will overshadow Dick Gregory's death in the US. Bruce Forsyth will overshadow both of them in the UK I'm pretty sure. Certainly worth mentioning on here...

Think of poor Colin Meads: he ain't overshadowing anyone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Think of poor Colin Meads: he ain't overshadowing anyone.

He should feel lucky frankly, but for deadpooling I am certain 60% (ok, 80%) of us would have gone to our own graves having never heard of him.  At least he was appreciated, even if it be for his demise.
RIP Sir Colin.
SC

We were talking about this before but i noticed that this time,The Barcelona attacks was actually overshadowed by the news of Bruce Forsythe's death (rather than the other way round i.e Zsa Zsa dying then getting overshadowed by the Berlin Christmas market attack.)

People say that Mother Theresa (meh) was overshadowed by Diana (boo) but both overshadowed poor old Burgess Meredith, who died a few days later. So much so, I didn't find out he had died for another four months!

Meredith wins out easily over those 2 in my book.

True story, we were near Stuttgart (on route to Italy) when news of Theresa's death hit. There was a picture in the local paper of the Pope, on the floor, crying over the news, but the main headline was about a case where a bullfighter had been gored badly (killed) by a bull. The headline? Finally the bull wins! :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, msc said:

People say that Mother Theresa (meh) was overshadowed by Diana (boo) but both overshadowed poor old Burgess Meredith, who died a few days later. So much so, I didn't find out he had died for another four months!

Meredith wins out easily over those 2 in my book.

True story, we were near Stuttgart (on route to Italy) when news of Theresa's death hit. There was a picture in the local paper of the Pope, on the floor, crying over the news, but the main headline was about a case where a bullfighter had been gored badly (killed) by a bull. The headline? Finally the bull wins! :lol:

George Solti who died the same day as Mother Teresa was also overshadowed though his is the death I remember the most as he was in the Radio Times that week talking his plans for his 85 birthday which of course never came.

2 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

George Solti who died the same day as Mother Teresa was also overshadowed though his is the death I remember the most as he was in the Radio Times that week talking his plans for his 85 birthday which of course never came.

Bit of a thing for Radio Times interviewees, then. Back in 1996, Jon "God" Pertwee was interviewed by them, stating that he was looking forward to his next big acting role but "at my age, Venusian aikido might be a tall ask!"

By the time I read that in the then current issue, he'd been dead for a few days!

On 8/25/2017 at 00:40, Deathtreat23 said:

We were talking about this before but i noticed that this time,The Barcelona attacks was actually overshadowed by the news of Bruce Forsythe's death (rather than the other way round i.e Zsa Zsa dying then getting overshadowed by the Berlin Christmas market attack.)

The folks in Spain do not want the attacks to  affect the tourist income/ the money flow. The attacks are off the radar her in Norway. Back to business as usual. Selling trips to Spain as never before.

Gerald Ford overshadowed the Godfather of Soul James Brown by dying less than 24 hours later, then got overshadowed by Saddam's nasty fall 3 days later.

On 8/27/2017 at 20:50, Life Is Beautiful said:

Gerald Ford overshadowed the Godfather of Soul James Brown by dying less than 24 hours later, then got overshadowed by Saddam's nasty fall 3 days later.

Meh.  James Brown was overshadowed by dying on Christmas, and few paying attention to the news cycle.  I think many felt sad about it later, but as a momentary event it lacked any legs whatsoever.  I don't recall Saddam 'falling' around Christmastime but I suffer from Falk-itis.  Only Saddam stuff I remember is him being found in a hole and that was late spring/early summer as I recall but again that may be Falk talking.
SC

• Like 1